Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers should stop expecting easy 4K every match

Comments

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It is already there. The 4 survivors are on the map for the entertainment of the killer.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Not a fair conclusion to come to imo

Killer is typically always hard due to the 4 v 1 nature and many other factors

Solo survivor is hard depending on various circumstances out of a solo players control. SWF is easier because you can tell your teammates what to do/coordinate properly

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It really is not fair though. The game is asymmetrical and the killer has huge favor in a 1v1. The game is so survivor sided that it can seem to not be the case as gens can be finished before a map is rid of all pallets... But still, that is just further to the point that it is not "fair." I am not saying it has to be fair either, but it sure as hell is not, either way you slice it.

I am not anti tunnel either, but facts is facts, cuh.

• fernandosilveirasc
    fernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37

I'm a killer main, but I also play losts of survivor with friend (and sometimes solo), so I get the feel both ways. The people I play with as a survivor, are average at best, me included, and matches vary wildly between getting boddied, being competitive and boddying a killer. As a Killer I feel I get more 3-4k than not, which either says i'm a good killer, or the game is not survivor sided. And that is not using only good killers, I play mostly wraith, bubba, nemesis, plague, huntress and as of late i'm learning nurse.

Só the feeling I get, is that for an average player, like myself (700h, about 40%s60%k), the game is pretty balanced (with he excepetion of NOED, which is a douchebag perk), I don't see the nerfs on survivor being a deal breaker for people to whine so much, neither the buffs on killer too strong o make killers unstopable.

Also by what I can tell, most of the whinning (NOT ALL) is done by people who only play one or the other and feel entitled to always win.

Now, one thing I can say is, as a survivor, if you play outside the meta perks, you end up having a bad time, which kinda sucks, makes you very limited. Either you are very skilled and can try different stuff, or you meme and lose. As for killer, you have a larger range of builds to play with and still get 4k.

• SS007
    SS007 Member Posts: 168

OP is ignoring your replies and doesn't reply to them since you're saying the absolute truth !

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited April 2022

The stronger side received more nerfs than the other: More, at 11.

Weird how people can give solid arguments against specific perks or designs in the game without the goal being easy 4ks, but I guess that doesn't quite work for the illogical. And yes, solo queue survivor is a nightmare, but solo queue survivor being a nightmare doesn't mean killer ezoplole. You don't sit there and go "Well, this sucks for me as a solo survivor, so any complaint a killer has is irrelevant." to justify your silly statements.

Bad survivors make bad complaints, bad killers make bad complaints. If the only thing someone ever has to say is nothing but survivor this, survivor that, or killer this, killer that, then they're hard to take seriously. Kind of like.. this post.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Been playing solo from day 1 and i can tell you with absolute certainty that is not as hard as you make it sound, in all fairness it's a walk in the park when playing survivor.

Now don't get me wrong as this doesn't apply to everyone who plays survivor (you for example), some people are just terrible at making the right decision and think that side is terrible and in a bad state.

This goes for both roles btw and not only 1 side.

Just because you make terrible decisions doesn't mean that side you play is terrible to play, it's just you who make the wrong reads and makes the wrong decisions at the wrong time.

A little friendly suggestion for you, just record your gameplay and look back at it.

See where you can improve, look at what decision you made and if it was a bad or a good decision, evaluate your gameplay.

Just don't come bitching about what side is fair and which side is not, which side is harder and which is easier after you have some bad matches.

Calm down, watch back, learn and improve.

Yes i have done this many times with my gameplay and when i watched it back i realized it was me who was playing badly and improved it afterwards.

Also as a little side note to end this.

Neither killer should expect an easy 4K nor should survivors expect an easy 4E, simple as 🤘

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

So I've heard as well, yet I've never seen any proof of that.

Yes I've seen stats on a leaderboard but never seen actual gameplay from them.

If they are really this good as nurse than they still have a lot to learn to become a decent survivor

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Really? That's weird.

I had so many matches where I got found first, camped, tunneled off hook and still managed to escape.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

If you look at sluzzy's assumed steam profile, you'll find they play hell a lot of billy too, which I wouldn't consider top tier

That's besides the point of their conclusions, to which one can agree or disagree. You disagree for example, while I agree for the most part

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    edited April 2022

In Eastern Europe surv wait time is 2-3 secs and killer about 5 min 8.00am-6-pm

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Billy for sure isn't top tier, but he's high B tier, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sluzzy has a pretty good record with him

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    edited April 2022

I'll take your word on that. But if you read what I posted, I described "peak" hours as 6 PM - midnight, so what you're saying doesn't contradict or refute my experiences. I'm also in NA (as is the OP, I believe) -- I have a friend who plays on the European server, and she's described the experience as much different that what we see over here (why that is, I have no idea). In any case, I'll stand firmly by my assertion that "peak" times -- which I think my definition of it would be pretty accurate -- see killer queue times far less than survivor.

ETA: Saturday and Sunday are different animals, however. More people are off of work/school during the day, so that obviously could affect those numbers.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

i agree with the killers complaining to git gud. i mean, look at all the killer main content creators, all the vids and streams that they have are just 4k over and over and over again. otz gets 4k with trapper every game lol

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

TBF; it's called DEAD By Daylight.

Not 'Mildly bother the Survivors, who then teabag, use seizure-flashlight-macros, and have 18 META perks per match. They will then t-bag out the exit gate, and insult you if you lost, or issue death threats if you won, By Daylight'.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Because there are maybe a few dozen people on the EU servers with an MMR/skill level close to Otz - meaning that he frequently gets matched with less experienced players. You'll often hear him comment similarly.

Assuming that's even the actual profile.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I play Solo to relax - It's honestly pretty chill and easy.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited April 2022

You didn't directly reply to me but anyway that's why I said "assumed profile". We don't really know if it's the same person

Also I still don't understand why people say "he's supposedly a god tier nurse" - the number of blink attacks someone has doesn't reflect skill, just experience. Or is there some Sluzzy nurse gameplay footage around that I'm not aware of?

• StarLost

Yes, but in Eastern Europe, survivors chase you.

In all seriousness, this probably has to do with a combination of matchmaking, people playing and MMR. I know that on my killers I consider 90 seconds a long wait time, and my survivor queues are instant. Good survivor players wait 5 mins at times.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

With the low bar the devs set for survivor performance smart survivors are more than capable of negating killer advantages in chase. They worry about killers feeling oppressive for new survivors to the point that safety measures become almost exploitable with the right amount of experience and knowledge.

As for killers tunneling, I see no difference in situation between a killer that does or not. In both cases it's on the survivors to avoid detection or escape from the chase; which have been proven possible against every killer.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I have too and you have to admit it's almost entirely luck whether your teammates will actually do anything the whole game or not.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I agree, it really does seem some just wanna get the 4 sacrifices each round. People got to understand this a heavily RGN game, so realistically the RGN can favor one side over the other. And this a multiplayer game, now you can get to a point where you can get 4 sacrifices in most of your game's. But even the best killer only players lose matches every once in a while. Also I think a lot of people focus a lot more on their loses over their wins, so maybe that is why they focus so much on wanting to get 4 sacrifices each round.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

The content creators play thousands of matches and they’re only going to post the good ones. They’re not going to post the matches where they get wrecked unless they’re specifically making a video showing weaknesses of a certain killer or killers in general

• StarLost

Yup.

Take my last game for instance. 2man SWF and me against an Artist.

I'm on 0 hooks, managed to evade her every time she chased me and even distracted her off them a few times. But two of them died at 1 gen left, so the last one, decided to follow me around vaulting everything and dropping pallets, because apparently I should have magically distracted her more - and complained about me in postgame.

Next game - Legion with 2550 hours, clearly smurfed MMR. Wipes team out at 5gens, 3 newbies and me (bad survivor, maybe 50 hours on it) causing me to depip.

Next game - 2 man SWF, absolutely amazing. Run a Huntress for all the gens, bodyblocking, sabos, the works. Easy win.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

There is a bit of a difference between going for a 4k and slugging for a 4k tho. One takes actual skill in strategy, the other is a super cheesy way to guarantee 4 kills with 0 risk.

It's basically like old keys, survivors could finish the 5th gen after someone died, with basically a guarantueed 2 man escape and maybe a 3rd one if they played it well, or they could all hide untill someone found the hatch and guarantee the 3rd person escaping with 0 risk.

I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

And out of those 8 matches, how often did you let 2 or 3 teammates die to escape? How often of those 8 escapes did survivors actually win?

Escaping consistently isnt hard in solo queue, you just let your teammates die on hook when hatch can spawn, or leave through gate as soon as its powered. But claiming that you're good because you escape by sacrificing multiple teammates isnt exactly skill.

That is exactly why survivor MMR needs to be teambased rather than escape based. Because is it really a win if 3 survivors died for your escape? No, ofcourse not. It's still 100x easier to escape 100 times in a row than it is to get a 3/4k in a row. But it is 20x harder to get a 3 man escape in a row compared to 3/4k's.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

I didnt claim anything people say solo q is not playable i just dont agree with that and i'm killer main you probably dont know what is this post about chill bro hah

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Mostly 2 or 3 man escape sometimes 4 i dont like leaving others to die i always go for unhook because some solos dont want to do that idk why

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    edited April 2022

I would not slug for the 4K if I did not know that the 3rd Survivor hooked will force his death to give the final one hatch.

But since they WILL, and I have every damn right to try for a 4K; I'll slug. And no; it's not 'super cheesy', because it's literally the only way I can try for that 4K without the 3rd Survivor flipping me off and dying on hook.

Nothing, anywhere, says I have to give the Survivor an even-odds chance at the hatch. Moreso when they can be humping the damn thing while I hook their friend, who then offs himself before I've taken 3 steps.

Calling slugging 'super cheesy' is just another way to shame Killers into following an arbitrary set of rules that favor Survivors because they want easier wins. 'Don't slug; it's cheesy. Hook them so they can off themselves & give the hatch to their friend. Because THAT is the fair way to do it!'

No; that's the unintelligent way to do it.

'I am practically betting that the people who say "be happy with the 3k" did so because you slugged the 3rd survivor and then spend 3 minutes looking for the final one.'

Nope! Most the time, it's a Survivor insulting me because I did not give hatch to the final Survivor. It's just the recent buzz-phrase to shame Killers into following fake rules.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

I love pizza tbh

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I an Iri 1 Survivor and a Bronze 4 Killer.

Tell more about spawning in on the dying State.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

There may not be a rule that you can't do that but it is bad manners to slug for minutes only to have a 4K. It drags the match out longer than it should and it is not fun for the one on their belly crawling around doing nothing.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Awful biased take.

• StarLost
    edited April 2022

Here's the thing. I don't slug. I don't tunnel (on purpose). I don't camp. Most games, I try to 2 hook everyone before killing.

I generally settle for a 3K or a 2K if they were particularly fun, and I don't sweat the odd loss.

I still get called a tunneling camping cheater in postgame. A lot of these things are code for 'I lost and I'm salty about it'. Hilariously, when I get 'GGEZ'd' in postgame, and I point out what I was doing I get 'lul nobody forced you to play like that, not our fault you want to play like a noob'. The insults won't stop.

Eh...

It's a bit like Bubba and camping.

Some killers just have a kit that feels designed around it (Twins especially, but also Oni and Myers). I have no problems with sluggers, as long as they aren't just letting everyone bleed out.

Again, I tend to give hatch unless you were BM, and sometimes I'll even let 2 go if you were especially fun. However, I still get cussed out, once from a team that felt me letting them go was me 'thinking I'm better than them'. Trust me, as a killer...you can't win.

Shrug. Sure?

I'd be a fan of this style going away, but BHVR are clear that they don't see an issue with it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Survivors are other survivors biggest threat.

But you can't determine if you'll lose a match in the first 30 seconds. Because your teammates might surprise you. So the best action is to never give up.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Ok. So killer always hard. Solo survivor "sometimes" hard.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

MMR gets to the point, as killer, where I expect at least 1k... yet I'm often even dissapointed with that expectation

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

We don't. We expect a 2k, but we can't even get that without playing dirty and bringing the strongest stuff.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Yeah I'd agree with that

Then again Killer can actually sometimes be easy but I feel that's a matchmaking thing

No doubt in my mind that Killer is harder role by default to me. Especially if you're newer

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Solo survivor is so horrible to play as. I have to run DS cause farming exists and self care since people refuse to heal you.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I think it's more the teabagging and BM instead of what the game tells you. I've gotten 4k entity displeased many times before and you basically just scoff at the game when that happens.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

There's something to that, at least to me. It's really annoying when you get matched against a meta 4 stack that sends you to Fractured Cowshed and you get 3 - 4 hooks and 0 kills as Pig. It's bullshit that you can depip from that. The game should be designed to where it won't depip you when it was basically hopeless to safety