The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Second Wind/Renewal buff suggestion

Hello, I feel like this perk could use a little buff.

As we know, if you couldn't get a full heal on a fellow teammate, this perk isn't going to activate when you get unhooked.

I would like to suggest that the broken timer for the heal should be based on the amount of charges you managed to heal. Instead of being all or nothing kind of perk, make it more progression based.

Let's say that if you couldn't get any charges at all, you would heal after 60 seconds

If you healed someone halfway, you would heal after 40 seconds

And if you did manage to get a full heal, you'll heal after 20 seconds (just like in it's current state).

(of course the numbers can be fine tuned to make it feel more fair for both sides)

This change will make the perk more attractive and less punishing.

I hope my description is clear enough, let me know what do you think about this change 😁

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

I like that. It makes it so it’s not always completely worthless if you get chased first.

I tried for a while to make this perk work and took it off because it just wasn’t impactful. It went to waste far too often.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Great idea! May I suggest that the number of broken seconds goes down at a rate based on seconds you were able to heal though? Rather than strict values like half, whole heals, etc. Props for a great fix idea though!

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I think it should restore you to full health once the Broken Status ends - and create a way for you to become broken through the trial.

Like a 1 time use for using Broken as a comeback.

Perhaps have some sort of proc like - being placed in the down state within 5 seconds of receiving aid from an altruistic action causes you to be broken for 20 seconds.

This timer is paused while on hook.

• AbsoluteUnit
    AbsoluteUnit Member Posts: 13

Exactly!

It really feels bad when it happens.

With my suggestion you can actually still get some value but at the cost of a longer timer.

I think this perk has so much potential, but most of the times the risk seems to be bigger than the reward.

Thank you!

That was exactly what I was aiming for 😁

With each charge you manage to heal, the timer should go down by X seconds.

Just tried to give these values as an example.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I think a better buff would be making it pause if you're put into the dying state and resuming once you're back up

I find it really unnecessary that it deactivates when you're downed, the activation condition of having to fully heal somebody should be enough.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Resurgence exists, and would make it a full heal only half a heal. Points against aside, it is in fact a bit of a feast or famine perk, and the broken status effect does in part encourage killers to immediately tunnel you to prevent the perk from activating. The full heal requirement is a necessity if it is ever uncoupled from unhooking.

Unironically, I do agree with it still being in effect after being downed. Makes it harder to tunnel and wait out DS, since they'll just get back up in 20-28.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

I really just want the perk to fully heal that way if you get saved with bt and hit into deep wound the heal doesn't get wasted only healing the deep wounds.