Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

POV: You bought a new killer recently and you're trying to learn how to play him

2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2022

Np :) I know how frustrating this game can be. I've also known some people who got in trouble for things that really caught them off guard (the forums give you a few chances before a total ban, but those strikes against you never expire). As a random example, telling someone on the forums to "calm down" might be considered inappropriate. And it is in the forum rules to tell someone you've reported them.

Back on topic, I'd really recommend closing chat and keeping it closed, if not permanently then at least while learning a new killer. Just pretend everyone said "gg, you're really improving!"

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Don't mind the childish Survivors who goat you, throw them a verbal report and leave.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    edited April 2022

What I'd assume (once again my assumption) is it works something like this.

Your MMR lets say: 1000

Killer you just bought: +/-0 total is 1000

Killer you win with all the time: +300 total is 1300

Killer you Lose with all the time: -300 total is 700

So if you just buy a killer you're matched with someone based on your exact MMR and each killers 'MMR' is simply additive or subtractive from your base MMR

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

It's really saddening to see how toxic some people can be. As I've been learning Blight in the last few weeks I've gotten usually wholesome end game chats, but I've also been playing like a certified survivor-friendly killer because if I'm going to lose anyway I may as well not camp or tunnel as long as I make sure I get 4 BBQ stacks.

I wonder how many of those people would turn toxic if I hadn't played like that.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

They just need to give us a training mode or allow us to play a private match alone so that you may practice things like blinking, curving, blight movement etc etc.

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169
    edited April 2022

"It's your fault that the insults and humiliation hurt you, not that of oppressors."

Good level of emotional intelligence. My table has more than you.

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

When I bought Spirit, I player bad, but at least I play on console, I don't need to wait for tóxico players. I'm Sorry about the chat, It's badder than *click click* and T-bag. This community is horrible

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I think, in part, the issue comes down to the us/me/them mentality the game builds on. It's survivor, and killer. There is no middle ground unless the players make it, and because there is little in the way of communication between the two, it's difficult to foster.

Maybe if there were alternate game modes that allowed players to be silly, like a baton pass of who gets to be a killer, or multiple killers vs few survivors, or a randomized perk setup, at least something to break the stagnancy of the sole game mode. It wouldn't bury toxicity, but at least it would create something other than the us/me/them we currently have. Let people have some fun.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

The best thing to do is just turn off post game chat. There should also be an indicator next you your name to show whether or not you have chat active. If someone sees you don’t have chat active, then hopefully they wont even bother spending the time typing vile garbage like this.

BHVR just needs to get rid of the chat entirely. They’ve never given a good reason (or any reason for that matter) for why it needs to exist, and all it does is serve as a breeding ground for toxicity.

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

I play on PS4 and Just a twice a player sent a message to be toxic. Another time, a player send me a "gg" only, and the second toxic player was sorry after call me bad because I tunneled him when It was necessary. I don't judge him, being tunneled, even when the killer needs, ia really bored

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Jesus, this is some awful tribalistic garbage. We're all playing the same video game

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Why would you talk to survivors after a match? There's never a situation where survivors aren't complete #########. Even the nice ones are entitled, "nice game but it's morally wrong for you to try to win." Being a good sport is something I've never heard of a survivor doing. Ever.

It's like you're opening a box of dog ######### and being surprised that there's dog ######### inside. I only talk to survivors to remind me why I like killing them.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited April 2022

Same.

Learning Hillbilly has been a pain for me. Got survivors from my Nurse's games level, I was unable to practice curving as survivors immediately hold W when I missed/failed my curves, and the five gens were done in approximately 4 to 5 minutes.

• Wendygo
    Wendygo Member Posts: 114

Yeah...my apologies. I was mad drunk and I'm mean as sin when I drink. Believe me I know I can make an ### out of myself. Mostly to 007, my bad dude I just wanted to argue and apparently I chose you.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

80% of your strongest killers MMR goes onto any new killers you have even if you haven't played them at all.

• Wendygo
    Wendygo Member Posts: 114

It's not a justification by any means. Trust me I don't use it as a scape goat, drunk or not doesn't make it okay.