Do NOT unhook kindred under all circumstances!

Options
Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
Here's what happened yesterday: Being a 50/50 player I decided to torture myself by playing SOLO survivor. As any good solo survivor I run kindred as I expect to get camped since most killers chase me for about 3 gens. I don't care about escaping I just want to be a good team mate so I run kindred allowing survivors to finish gens quicker, open the gates and get the hell out. 

Yesterday however I had one of my moments and looped a pig in "the game" for literally ALL gens before it caught me. When I got hooked I expected the other survivors to open the gates so I can kill myself on hook and punish the baby killer for being stubborn. Instead of opening the gates they swarmed the hook even though I got facecamped. The killer wouldn't stop hitting me so he really didn't care about the 4k anymore. 

But guess what. They swarmed the hook and ALL of them died. People... Really? I run kindred so you can see each other AND the camping killer yet you decide to give a baby killer his 4k even though he clearly deserved nothing but me in this case? 

IF someone runs kindred PLEASE do gens, open the gate and wait for the kindred survivor to give you a clear signal about what he wants. If he kills himself on hook after you have opened the gates then that's what he wanted in the first place. If he wiggles his hands and struggles - THAT'S when he wants to get saved.

Comments

• Yamaoka
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If you chase one single survivor for ALL gens then that's what you are. Baby killer is a rather nice term even. In my opinion those guys are just utter trash. I probably have more hours as killer than survivor yet I would NEVER chase someone for multiple gens. That's just irrational and stubborn. Being mad at that survivor is kinda childish too. Those stubborn killers get mad over their own incompetence. 

EDIT: By the way I like how you reduce my entire thread on one single term. It totally doesn't look like you were trying hard to find something you can use against me.
  • Yamaoka
    Options
    I like how you reduce my entire thread on one single term. Totally doesn't make you look like you were trying hard to find something you can use against me.
  • Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    Options

Nice brag thread.

• Yamaoka
    Options
    Yet another one who doesn't understand what I was trying to say and reduces the thread on the 5 gen chase. So what's next? We have one person who reduces the thread on ONE single term, another person who reduces the thread on the chase. How long will it take for someone to realize I'm talking about the function of the perk "kindred"? Oh wait most people who play dbd are like 10 so giving me sh** for using a specific term and calling me out for "bragging" is more fun than using your head right?
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,009
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    Here's what happened yesterday: Being a 50/50 player I decided to torture myself by playing SOLO survivor. As any good solo survivor I run kindred as I expect to get camped since most killers chase me for about 3 gens. I don't care about escaping I just want to be a good team mate so I run kindred allowing survivors to finish gens quicker, open the gates and get the hell out. 

Yesterday however I had one of my moments and looped a pig in "the game" for literally ALL gens before it caught me. When I got hooked I expected the other survivors to open the gates so I can kill myself on hook and punish the baby killer for being stubborn. Instead of opening the gates they swarmed the hook even though I got facecamped. The killer wouldn't stop hitting me so he really didn't care about the 4k anymore. 

But guess what. They swarmed the hook and ALL of them died. People... Really? I run kindred so you can see each other AND the camping killer yet you decide to give a baby killer his 4k even though he clearly deserved nothing but me in this case? 

IF someone runs kindred PLEASE do gens, open the gate and wait for the kindred survivor to give you a clear signal about what he wants. If he kills himself on hook after you have opened the gates then that's what he wanted in the first place. If he wiggles his hands and struggles - THAT'S when he wants to get saved.

this makes no sense, the perk kindred is used to check the locations of survivors before unhooking

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

@Yamaoka said:

this makes no sense, the perk kindred is used to check the locations of survivors before unhooking

It also reveals killer possition when he is in 8m range from the hooked survivor
  • Yamaoka
    Options
    Kindred allows ALL survivors to see each other AND the killer if he camps. You can use that to your advantage to rush gens IF the killer camps and get out as quickly as possible or to stay on your gen if you see someone going for the unhook etc.
    I noticed people would aggressively swarm the hook whenever I run kindred and get camped. That's what's starting to annoy me. If the killer camps just rush gens and don't give him more than he deserves. That's the only point of my thread people prefer getting on my nerves for mentioning the chase or because of a single term. 
  • Yamaoka
    Options
    PiiFree said:

Long story short:

Stop giving the Killers free hooks / sacrifices.

Thank you! Finally someone gets it. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Yes! Leave kindred on the hook where they belong! Bahaha (evil laugh I think?). Seriously, though. If the pig was hitting you, they would have known even without Kindred. They knew what they were getting into and were probably going in for stacks and points. When someone loops the killer the entire game, it means the entire team is hit when it comes to points. You get nothing for benevolence and if you never saw the killer, you get nothing for bold. They were probably just trying to pip.

I would say solo play isn't as bad as you're suggesting. You're more likely to get ganged up on by SWF Toxic brats, but it's part of the territory. I would take off Kindred. It's only good when you're on the hook and that is the last place you wanna be in solo play as you don't know if anyone can get you off or if you'll be farmed, regardless. Also if you play any amount of solo play, you should know how impossible it is to know what the person on the hook wants. The arm waving means basically nothing. It can be both come and go away. Some people just twitch 'cause they're bored, I swear. Not sure how you managed to run the killer around for five gens, though. What rank are you?

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112
    Options

Survivors are so stupid I can hardly believe it. Multiple times I have played Leatherface and literally stood there in front of the hooked with my chainsaw rev'ing and a survivor will STILL come along and try to unhook. So they want to die is the only thing I can surmise -- thus, I grant them their wish.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    Yet another one who doesn't understand what I was trying to say and reduces the thread on the 5 gen chase. So what's next? We have one person who reduces the thread on ONE single term, another person who reduces the thread on the chase. How long will it take for someone to realize I'm talking about the function of the perk "kindred"? Oh wait most people who play dbd are like 10 so giving me sh** for using a specific term and calling me out for "bragging" is more fun than using your head right?

haha okay. Everyone else is 10 years old, while a mighty old and wise man like yourself makes a thread because a few survivors was playing the game, and making bold moves to try and have some fun. I also run kindred sometimes when i play survivor, but I do it so everyone doesn't swarm the hook.

This is a bragging thread, because you spend more time bragging about your long chases, than you do describing what the post is supposedly about.

• terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    I don't care about escaping I just want to be a good team mate

So as I. If u run a killer for 5 gens, I will try to save you. I have more fun trying to save you even if you get facecamped. I dont care if I die. I dont care if the killer gets a 4k. The excitement of getting the almost impossible save is more fun. And these are the moments where you can see really good teamwork even with 4 solo players - sometimes.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Survivors are so stupid I can hardly believe it. Multiple times I have played Leatherface and literally stood there in front of the hooked with my chainsaw rev'ing and a survivor will STILL come along and try to unhook. So they want to die is the only thing I can surmise -- thus, I grant them their wish.

Its fun though. Some survivors like myself dont care whether we live or die so do daft things for fun. A lot of people need to remember this is a game, dont take it to serious. 
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112
    Options

@terrortil said:

@Yamaoka said:
    I don't care about escaping I just want to be a good team mate

So as I. If u run a killer for 5 gens, I will try to save you. I have more fun trying to save you even if you get facecamped. I dont care if I die. I dont care if the killer gets a 4k. The excitement of getting the almost impossible save is more fun. And these are the moments where you can see really good teamwork even with 4 solo players - sometimes.

Thanks for the free points. Hey, if it's more fun for you, then I dont see why not. DBD isnt exactly some tryhard game, so having fun should be priority.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@KissyKissy said:

I don't try with LF. Pretty sure he's the only one who can down both the savior and the hooked in one swoop and BT doesn't usually even help with that, either. I'd think everyone knew not to mess with a camping LF. It's like a bee's nest.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Yamaoka said:

sounds like your the one giving us ######### here

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@PiiFree said:
    Long story short:

Win.

• terrortil
    Options

@PiiFree said:

Why? In this situation you are either on the hook (and willing to die) or you are free to go since the killer is camping the hook. Why care what I do with my virtual survivor life or even worse care how many points the killer makes. What kind of a dickmove is this if your only concern is to deny points from the killer.

• Yamaoka
    Options

Yes! Leave kindred on the hook where they belong! Bahaha (evil laugh I think?). Seriously, though. If the pig was hitting you, they would have known even without Kindred. They knew what they were getting into and were probably going in for stacks and points. When someone loops the killer the entire game, it means the entire team is hit when it comes to points. You get nothing for benevolence and if you never saw the killer, you get nothing for bold. They were probably just trying to pip.

I would say solo play isn't as bad as you're suggesting. You're more likely to get ganged up on by SWF Toxic brats, but it's part of the territory. I would take off Kindred. It's only good when you're on the hook and that is the last place you wanna be in solo play as you don't know if anyone can get you off or if you'll be farmed, regardless. Also if you play any amount of solo play, you should know how impossible it is to know what the person on the hook wants. The arm waving means basically nothing. It can be both come and go away. Some people just twitch 'cause they're bored, I swear. Not sure how you managed to run the killer around for five gens, though. What rank are you?

I´m rank 1 survivor and killer - which is why I don´t really think/care much about pips, bloodpoints etc. I guess you´re right I´ll try something else. We´ll make it, botany knowledge or something... I like perks that help the whole team.
  • Hoodied
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    fluffybunny said:

I´m rank 1 survivor and killer - which is why I don´t really think/care much about pips, bloodpoints etc. I guess you´re right I´ll try something else. We´ll make it, botany knowledge or something... I like perks that help the whole team.

Botany(unless they changed it) increases self care heal speed i believe, a good team build would be prove thyself, empathy, botany, bond

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    Options

I don't know... As a survivor... you get to the door... you open it... you look back at the hooked person and say...."Do I leave or got for the unhook?"... Sometimes it feels like more fun to go for the unhooking. Other times I weigh the escape points to the unhooking points and say... "Nah! Die turd ball."

But.... when you seen them all coming and attempting to swarm the hook... why didn't you just suicide on the hook?.. If this whole situation burned you so bad? You could have sent a clear signal of being camped...Doors opened.. see them coming in to you... die on the hook.. give up those struggle points.

Don't complain about such a dumb thing... sometimes people enjoy the fun of trying for the hooked survivor... if it was a boring match up to that point.. why not?.. It is just a game.. you don't actually die IRL when you get hooked do you?

You get mad of poor Miss Piggy cause she decided she just wanted you... Haven't you done that as killer?... Someone gives you that challenge of being caught... So you decide... "Ok fuckboy! I'm just going for you this match!"... I do... Tunnel and camp that one.. who care about the rest... Just that one.

• Yamaoka
    Options

@TheBean said:
    I don't know... As a survivor... you get to the door... you open it... you look back at the hooked person and say...."Do I leave or got for the unhook?"... Sometimes it feels like more fun to go for the unhooking. Other times I weigh the escape points to the unhooking points and say... "Nah! Die turd ball."

But.... when you seen them all coming and attempting to swarm the hook... why didn't you just suicide on the hook?.. If this whole situation burned you so bad? You could have sent a clear signal of being camped...Doors opened.. see them coming in to you... die on the hook.. give up those struggle points.

Don't complain about such a dumb thing... sometimes people enjoy the fun of trying for the hooked survivor... if it was a boring match up to that point.. why not?.. It is just a game.. you don't actually die IRL when you get hooked do you?

I didn´t kill myself on hook because they didn´t even open the gates and were literally swarming the hook like seconds after I got hooked so I wanted the killer to still focus on me if that makes sense. I realize it´s just a game but I still play to win and as a survivor you basically win if 3 people get out - at least in my book. But then again some people in this thread said they have fun trying to go for the "impossible unhook" as it´s more exciting to just escape without a chase so I will keep that in mind next time haha.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    I didn´t kill myself on hook because they didn´t even open the gates and were literally swarming the hook like seconds after I got hooked so I wanted the killer to still focus on me if that makes sense. I realize it´s just a game but I still play to win and as a survivor you basically win if 3 people get out - at least in my book. But then again some people in this thread said they have fun trying to go for the "impossible unhook" as it´s more exciting to just escape without a chase so I will keep that in mind next time haha.

Sometimes the match is boring and doing that save seems like the only excitement you get over a few matches. Would have been fun for those 3 to have worked together to get you out of there after she camped you. Just didn't work out for them. Too bad the kindred didn't help them better to coordinate.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Yamaoka said:
    fluffybunny said:

So many people don't know what to do when given those situations. If people didn't feed into it so much, it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but people want their points. I make a habit of bringing along We'll Make It for the team as well as bond. c: I like protecting people and fast heals are always nice. Not as fast as they once were, but still plenty fast. I've been playing around with Boil Over to see if it's any better after the hook changes. So far, it's inconclusive. Other than that, I just play around with gimmick builds out of boredom and test out things.

• Yamaoka
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Botany(unless they changed it) increases self care heal speed i believe, a good team build would be prove thyself, empathy, botany, bond

Wait... I thought botany generally increases healing speed by 33% (tier 3) and medpack efficiency no matter wether you heal yourself with self care or other survivors? The changed prove thyself seems interesting with bond. I´ll definitely try this one today. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Yamaoka said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Wait... I thought botany generally increases healing speed by 33% (tier 3) and medpack efficiency no matter wether you heal yourself with self care or other survivors? The changed prove thyself seems interesting with bond. I´ll definitely try this one today. Thanks for the suggestion.

It does, it increases the selfcare healing speed by 33% at tier 3, its powerful, and op if they kept the change to selfcare, and your welcome

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

@terrortil said:

@PiiFree said:

Why? In this situation you are either on the hook (and willing to die) or you are free to go since the killer is camping the hook. Why care what I do with my virtual survivor life or even worse care how many points the killer makes. What kind of a dickmove is this if your only concern is to deny points from the killer.

It's truly fascinating how people can read a simple statement like "Stop giving the Killers free hooks / sacrifices" and then come to the conclusion that my "only concern is to deny points from the Killer".

I'm honestly speechless as to what to reply, so I'll just go with "Ok" and move on, hope that's ok :)

• terrortil
    edited January 2019
    Options

@PiiFree said:
    It's truly fascinating how people can read a simple statement like "Stop giving the Killers free hooks / sacrifices" and then come to the conclusion that my "only concern is to deny points from the Killer".

I'm honestly speechless as to what to reply, so I'll just go with "Ok" and move on, hope that's ok :)

I have clearly referred to this situation, but I do not want to accuse anyone. So please tell me why my dead (by trying to save someone) matters in any other way than killer bp in this situation.

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019
    Options

@terrortil said:
    I have clearly referred to this situation, but I do not want to accuse anyone. So please tell me why dead (by trying to save someone) matters in any other way than killer bp in this situation.

It matters because every pointless hook or kill allows bad Killers to pip and rank up. All while the statistics show a decent kill-ratio, ignoring the fact that half of those kills were achieved because of stupid action like the one we're discussing right now.

The kill / escape ratio doesn't represent the true match performance, it just represents the stupidity of Survivors in the last few seconds, which then will be used to balance or not balance the game.

• terrortil
    Options

@PiiFree said:
    It matters because every pointless hook or kill allows bad Killers to pip and rank up. All while the statistics show a decent kill-ratio, ignoring the fact that half of those kills were achieved because of stupid action like the one we're discussing right now.

The kill / escape ratio doesn't represent the true match performance, it just represents the stupidity of Survivors in the last few seconds, which then will be used to balance or not balance the game.

I find it very daring to say that the developers are balancing the game on the basis of such simple statistics, without looking at more details about when/how/why a game came to its conclusion.

BUT even if that is so: Your kill / escape ratio represent the true match. Why does it matter if it is because you are good or your survivor are stupid. Or lets turn around: If all leave and let the OP die. Now we have three escapees who didn't need any skill. How is this representative?

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019
    Options

@terrortil said:

@PiiFree said:

I find it very daring to say that the developers are balancing the game on the basis of such simple statistics, without looking at more details about when/how/why a game came to its conclusion.

BUT even if that is so: Your kill / escape ratio represent the true match. Why does it matter if it is because you are good or your survivor are stupid. Or lets turn around: If all leave and let the OP die. Now we have three escapees who didn't need any skill. How is this representative?

That's the sad part, the devs balance the game around kill / escape rate.

I don't think it represents the true match, not regarding balance. I try to explain it more detailed: Let's say my SWF stomps a Killer and we're all waiting in front of the exit gate and allow the Killer to kill us.

Actual match result: 4 kills

What the devs think has happened: The Killer dominated and won the match.

What actually happened: We completly destroyed the Killer but then decided to give them the kills anyway.

Regarding balance, this match was clearly in our favour as we totally destroyed the Killer but the match result doesn't represent this at all, it represents quite the opposite.

The same can be said in the scenario we're currently discussing; if you provide pointless kills and hooks for the Killer you're basically rigging the result / stats and make the match look a lot more balanced than it actually was, leaving a false impression if you just look at the result (which is what the devs do).

It's not at all about denying the killer some points or hooks, at least not for me. If Survivors would stop handing out free hooks and kills with actions like OP mentioned, the escape rates would probably look different. Plus unskilled Killers or campers would never be able to rank up, which means high rank matches would actually be camper-free.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

At what rank was this? Damn rank reset

• terrortil
    Options

@PiiFree said:
    That's the sad part, the devs balance the game around kill / escape rate.

I have no insight how the devs really work, so I can't and won't argue about that.

@PiiFree said:
    It's not at all about denying the killer some points or hooks, at least not for me.

So I apologize for this assumption.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Yamaoka this is why we have so many bad killers at high ranks because of dumb gameplay. They play with these same poor tactics and get rewarded so when they go up against competent survivors and get smashed they cry about not wanting to rank up. They never deserved to rank in the first place.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407
    Options

Here some words from a pure solo survivor
    That's the reason why I never run kindred
    because every time i do, they all (or most of them) come to the hook even though they see each other and the killer and doing absolutely nothing senseful. This makes me always really mad.
    But hey now you saw how
    horrible solo q's are. On rank 1 it's OKAY - often people play like dumbshit and you think: why would you do that? but on lower ranks it's even more horrible.

If people are playing like this, swarming to the hook where i get hard camped and they literally doing NOTHING i just kill myself. I hope they die and learn to play.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Options
    Yamaoka said:

Think of it this way, Those surviviors would rather die than escape without you :)