The nerf on Sprint burst and self-care...

Options
...are awful. I do not like this changes one bit. Not being able to recover exhaustion while running is beyond stupid. And if I heal 99% with Self-care and didn't use a Medkit, I get punished for stopping and lose all my progress? Nah. Go back to the drawing board and get new ideas. These are terrible. 

Comments

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    I liked Deja vu, Calm Spirit and Ace in the hole changes. Those other two though..nah.
  • Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don’t agree with the changes at all, but who cares about my opinion. :D 

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

rather than b&m about the changes, I will just have to adapt when the changes come.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    As a Survivor main who has used Sprint Burst since Day 1, I approve of this change. It makes it so you cannot get clutch sprints anymore, you have to earn them by stopping occasionally.

Self Care change is also awesome, no more freedom from nonsense. Feels good m8.

What was the DS change?

With DS the killer gets stunned in place for 2/2.25/3 seconds if i remember correctly. The skill check is also changed to where there is a good and a great part to hit and hitting the great skill check leads to a longer stun time. I really like the change.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

the sb or "exhaustion" nerf is pointless. the issue is sprint burst and the speed is recovers outside of a chase, a survivor always has sb ready when you find them and that perk allows them to ignore bad positioning and always get to a pallet loop or infinite building.

the other nerfs look good tho.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    I wasn't sure if the Sprint Burst nerf was enough at first, but I think it's fine after some thought. It still allows for some nonsense running away at the last second, but that's it. It also slows the game down a bit since the users are unlikely to burn it running to a gen at first because then it won't come back if a Killer checks their gen and starts chasing them.

I don't think the other exhaustion perks deserved to be put in the crossfire though. To be honest, I think everyone will just switch to Lithe, but I'm ok with that.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

As a Claudette main I've got no problem with the self care changes andare what i'd suggest in another thread before. If you have a med kit that should keep the progress, if not then you start at zero. I've never dropped a pallet only to try and heal in front of the killer. I also don't use SB or DS.

I haven't yet read the changes but I think they're fine, especially with the new aura changes and if anything this will put players probably a lot closer to their true rank on survivor side. I know that'll get me some hate but it's absolutely true if you're good you'll remain where you are or climb higher. If not then you're going to drop to where you probably would've been.

When I heal with SC and Botany I've always tried to find a nice quiet place far away to heal without getting interrupted. Most of the time I manage to do so, sometimes the killer finds me. These changes are long overdue.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Killers should prepare themselves to complain about an even faster gen rush, thats about the only these changes are doing.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Options
    As a killer main idc for any of the changes but ds
  • Twix
    edited June 2018
    Options

Sprint Burst Change: I'd go about it a little bit differently, instead of not letting you recover while running - it should be changed so that it won't let you recover while performing an action. (Repairing, healing, etc)
    Why? Because the main problem with SB is survivors waiting for the killer to get near them and then run away to a pallet, so by not letting them recover while performing an action it'll make it so SB won't be back up if you're repairing a generator.

Selfcare Change: The current change that is being planned out is a little too much, instead, make it so you get specific checkpoints at 35% and 75%, so let's say you start healing and get to 20% then it would reset, but if you get to 45% it would reset to the checkpoint. (35%)
    Why? Because if you lose the killer and go to a corner to heal and you're in at like 70% and he finds you again it would reset your healing to 0% and that's just too much of a nerf and with what I've proposed it won't let you pallet loop and heal, because it will still reset, but to specific checkpoints.

What are your thoughts on this? :thinking:

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Options
    reprinted with kind permission from my bad self from the other thread likewise devoted to this topic.

they nerfed it?   all these survivor nerfs and killer buffs.  i know the true culprit.  the elephant that continues to relieve itself in the middle of the room.  the great satan of this game.  the cog in the wheel that mercilessly creates maelstrom and unrest.

three letters.

S.  W.  F.

fix that and all the subsequent nonsense vaporizes.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    Twix said:

Sprint Burst Change: I'd go about it a little bit differently, instead of not letting you recover while running - it should be changed so that it won't let you recover while performing an action. (Repairing, healing, etc)
    Why? Because the main problem with SB is survivors waiting for the killer to get near them and then run away to a pallet, so by not letting them recover while performing an action it'll make it so SB won't be back up if you're repairing a generator.

In a perfect world, I'd agree with this change(or at least change it to exhaustion recovery taking twice as long while performing an action) for the reason you stated. But I'll take what I can get this point. Lol
  • snozer
    Options

@Twix said:

Selfcare Change: The current change that is being planned out is a little too much, instead, make it so you get specific checkpoints at 35% and 75%, so let's say you start healing and get to 20% then it would reset, but if you get to 45% it would reset to the checkpoint. (35%)
    Why? Because if you lose the killer and go to a corner to heal and you're in at like 70% and he finds you again it would reset your healing to 0% and that's just too much of a nerf and with what I've proposed it won't let you pallet loop and heal, because it will still reset, but to specific checkpoints.

Your sb idea is exactly what it needs

the healing nerf is fine, if the killer finds you healing then you SHOULD go back to . If you want permanent healing then go drag a buddy off a gen.

• Twix
    Options

@Tizzle said:
    Killers should prepare themselves to complain about an even faster gen rush, thats about the only these changes are doing.

So true xD. With the emblem update we started to see generators being done much faster, because people are competing for points, they made it easier to get Lightbringer points and it has sort of slowed down, but if the planned nerfs go live it'll be a rush for generators once again.

• Twix
    Options

@snozer said:

@Twix said:

Your sb idea is exactly what it needs

the healing nerf is fine, if the killer finds you healing then you SHOULD go back to . If you want permanent healing then go drag a buddy off a gen.

I don't agree with that, it already takes ages to heal by yourself and resetting it completely is too big a nerf. Dragging a survivor from a generator is completely pointless, the few times I've traded SC for Bond has resulted in me not getting any heals and more times than not being found by the killer, because survivors care more about generators than healing you and I can't trust someone else's skill, they fail a skillcheck and I'm found again.

• snozer
    Options

@Tizzle said:

this is the best thing about it, this is revealing to the devs the true state of the game with stats, since telling them doesn't work. the faster games finish, the more the stats will reveal it, and the more likely we are to see the devs change it so the game is guaranteed to take more then 3 minutes.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The Self-care change is pretty good. It will allow killers to interrupt heals by coming back people standing at juking spot, efficiently wasting their time and punishing them from standing there to get healed.

I'm not much of a fan of the SB nerf, that is not truly a SB nerf, but an exhaustion nerf.
    Only SB needs to get nerfed. Not the other 3 exhaustion perks.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    I'm tired of seeing Sprint Burst and Self Care on 80% of loadouts. It's stupid.

I doubt this change will do much against SB. Actually might make even more survivors choose it over DH or other exhaustion perks. Just think about it. A killer with an exhaustion AddOn just needs to keep you running after hitting you with their power to counter out your exhaustion perk. That mostly weakens the ones which are used directly within a chase(DH, Lithe Balanced Landing), while SB is mostly used at the beggining to get yourself into a better position, avoid attacks etc.
    Besides that SB can also be used quite well outside of a chase.Ycu can navigate faster from one gen to another or finishing a gen before the unhook, etc.
    That what makes the perk strong and not the midchase SB. That is annoying but happens quite rarely in my opinion.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    These are the exact changes these perks need. Period. Why should you recover from exhaustion while running? It makes no sense. And this will stop the "pallet drop, heal-heal-heal, run, pallet drop, heal-heal-heal" garbage. Nope, I love these changes. Bring em on.

Honestly, I liked most of the changes they talked about on the dev stream. I'd love to try them all on the PTB.

Yeah that need the perks, PALLET VACUUM, WHY? That is false, now is the correct.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

@Twix said:
    No wonder this game will never be balanced... Killers cry and they get all they want, hatch, pallet, perks etc and then Survivors cry and they get all they want. Back and forth between both parties will not balance anything, I agree SB/SC/DS need nerfs, but not to be nerfed so bad that it's probably better to use something else.

Sorry, but it looks like the days of playing like a moron and bullying killers is over. You'll have to play smart with your tryhard SWF group now.

You are not entitled to survive. These upcoming changes are just brilliant, and is what this game needed 3-4 months ago. They are moving in the right direction, and this game will be balanced very very soon.

Well done Behaviour

• Twix
    Options
    @Dwight_Confusion
    1) Idk what “playing like a moron” means, but I play in a sneaky way. (Iron Will, Urban Evasion, Selfcare, and Sprintburst)  
    2) I’ve never played with a team, always soloq. 
    3) I’m not entitled to survive just like you’re not entitled to kill. 
    4) The nerfs are needed, but they’re not brilliant. The SB nerf is stupid and won’t change what Killers have been complaining about (using SB at the last minute once the killer finds you near a generator.) The SC nerf is too much and you will see it won’t be like that, because too many survivors will cry about it. 
    5) This won’t be anywhere close to balance, because now Killers, pardon me, not Killers, Nurse and Hillbilly will be more op than what they already are. 

Why I only say Nurse and Hillbilly? Cause the other Killers are uttershit and they should focus first on them and getting dedicated servers before trying to balance anything else. 
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

It's actually a nerf for resilience

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,108
    Options

@Krueger1428 said:
    [The nerfs to Sprint Burst and Self Care] are awful. I do not like these changes one bit. Not being able to recover from exhaustion while running is beyond stupid.

Running indefinitely is stupid. "Catching your breath" while running is beyond stupid! The survivors never get tired? The one thing Friday the 13th got right was the stamina bar.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Nos37 said:

@Krueger1428 said:
    [The nerfs to Sprint Burst and Self Care] are awful. I do not like these changes one bit. Not being able to recover from exhaustion while running is beyond stupid.

Running indefinitely is stupid. "Catching your breath" while running is beyond stupid! The survivors never get tired? The one thing Friday the 13th got right was the stamina bar.

It's a video game. The stamina thing drives me crazy on any game. It's a stupid, non fun mechanic. Which is why bloodlust is a thing, and I'd rather have a killer catch up to me with that, then to lose a chase because of stamina or exhaustion.
  • ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2018
    Options

The changes are perfect and SOOOO NEEDED! The game is infested with every tom, dick and harry using sprint burst, self-care etc. It's not only ######### to see that on every survivor every single game from a killers point of view, but also from a survivors point of view. There is no surprise, no variety anymore. Just a meta-feast.

As a survivor main, I'm absolutely sick of seeing survivors prioritising healing themselves over making an obvious safe rescue of a hooked survivor, sick of seeing them doing the endless pallet-heal-pallet-heal garbage and a lot of them even refusing to get healed by other survivors because they would rather have the points for themselves.

Well now sucker, don't be crying when you don't complete your selfish slow self-heal and the killer is gonna come around giving you one when you could be happily running around alive already with my help.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,458
    Options
    They should’ve been nerfed even more. Those were baby nerfs. They will still be completely meta and ran by everyone.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Mc_Harty said:

If the Sprint Burst exhaustion effect goes live it'll nerf Vigil more then Sprint Burst.

Don't worry im sure the geniuses will rework vigil a year from now and it will be totally stupid and useless. BHVR needs to pull its head out of the new third eye horses ass.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Twix said:
    No wonder this game will never be balanced... Killers cry and they get all they want, hatch, pallet, perks etc and then Survivors cry and they get all they want. Back and forth between both parties will not balance anything, I agree SB/SC/DS need nerfs, but not to be nerfed so bad that it's probably better to use something else.

Sorry, but it looks like the days of playing like a moron and bullying killers is over. You'll have to play smart with your tryhard SWF group now.

You are not entitled to survive. These upcoming changes are just brilliant, and is what this game needed 3-4 months ago. They are moving in the right direction, and this game will be balanced very very soon.

Well done Behaviour

No swf will adapt and still make you cry in your pillow at night. The lobby loading time will just be longer. 
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    Options

These were nerfs, sure, but you're fooling yourself if you think they'll do anything meaningful.

The exhaustion nerf? It's just going to guarantee you don't get more than once per chase, which is already strong. Even if it's on cooldown at the beginning of a chase, the survivor will likely recover it in the time they aren't running after dropping or looping a pallet.

The Self-care nerf? Most people I see try to run away from the killer before healing anyway, so this doesn't change much. If anything, it discourages survivors healing themselves slightly between pallet breaks, meaning it encourages them to put more distance between themselves and the killer.

They're going to remain meta, and nothing will change.

At least DS's nerf was meaningful.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Twix said:

I love these ideas
  • MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    As a Survivor main who has used Sprint Burst since Day 1, I approve of this change. It makes it so you cannot get clutch sprints anymore, you have to earn them by stopping occasionally.

Self Care change is also awesome, no more freedom from nonsense. Feels good m8.

What was the DS change?

With DS killer gets stunned for 2, 2.5, 3s, you have good and great skill checks so killer is stunned even longer if u hit great skill check, but you do not get out of the killers grasp! U can wiggle, ur friends can pallet or flashlight save u when the killer is stunned but u do not get out of his grasp automatically like you used to, which is fantastic! :D