The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spent 1.5 million on one killer without getting a single rank of a perk I will use

That's the feedback. I could be reducing the survivor queue times a tiny bit by playing killer right now, but I'm going to go play something that respects my time instead. I logged in, spent my BP, then logged out without playing a single game.

Comments

• Letholldus
    Letholldus Member Posts: 49

Welcome to the grind, I'm glad I've finally reached the stage where I have everything unlocked and just have to start getting it on my killer's bloodweb. The grind turns a lot of new people off for this reason.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Yep. After 1.5k hours, I have 3 survivors at P3-50 all perks, and no other character in the game have I prestiged. Because I am still getting perks for my killers, who I doubt will ever get prestiged because then I lose all the perks on them and have to spend another 1 million points at least to get decent perks.

• Soundchaos
    Soundchaos Member Posts: 10

I'm somewhere around 715 hours played with at least 80% of that on killer. I did P3 for one survivor for the achievement, but there is no way I'll waste time doing that on a killer. DbD stats has me at nearly 12 million spent on one killer and I still don't have the perks I want unlocked...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Now I’m curious, what perks did you get on that killer that they have “no perks you will use”? I prestige all the time and I’ve never had a case where I had a killer with literally no perks I would use. (Yeah there are some terrible perks like Beast of Prey and Monstrous Shrine, but at least 2/3 of the perks are good enough to use.)

• Soundchaos
    Soundchaos Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2022

I've been chasing Shadowborn and Lethal for curve Billy. I also wouldn't mind Call of Brine, Pop, or Deadlock for the times I'm not running double engravings. I have plenty of solid perks that were already unlocked on him. I thought I'd get at least yellow tier of one of those five perks given I'd already dumped about 10 million into him, but it was a Monstrous Shrine, Predator, Bloodhound kind of night...

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Welcome to DBD. 😣Now get back to the grind!

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,059

I assume you're not dumb like me and will get through it faster. I like to use almost all of my characters add-ons and stuff before I prestige them, because I'd hate to waste all that bp I spent, which is eventually gonna cause me to hit the bp cap faster than I can use up everything on a character, thus either wasting bp or feeding the problem into itself infinitely.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I haven't presitged any killers so I'm not worried about using their add-ons, but when I prestige survivors I make sure to use all the good bloodpoint offerings (BPS and cakes usually, and if I am playing with friends I will go through the bound envelopes too). But other than those, I am okay with throwing away all the other things I have, I just don't wanna feel like I am wasting all those possible extra bloodpoints haha