Should the hatch spawn if all generators are repaired?

Options

As much as I'm glad the hatch was nerfed, as it was very unfair for 3 or 2 survivors to be able to escape without having completed the objective, there's no denying that this change made keys basically useless, the only reason to use keys now is because of their add-ons.

As crazy as I am saying this, I miss seeing the survivors escaping through the hatch one after the other, but of course, now in a more balanced way. I miss being holding a key and being kind of like this : come here buddy!! l have a keeeey, let's escape the fog my friend!!!. Honestly, escaping through the hatch and taking someone with you was pretty cool.

That's why i'm saying l wouldn't mind if the hatch spawn if all the generators are repaired, i believe it would make the key a little more useful and fair since in a way the killer lost, this would also make the challenges of escaping through the hatch much easier, as it only appears to the last survivor and a lot of the time you have to wait for all the survivors to escape through the gate.

it was fun the way the key gave you so much power, your teammates would follow you for a chance to escape or wait for you to die to steal your key πŸ˜‚

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Hatch is alright now, it is escape chance for last survivor. BHVR did pretty good job with it, so i don't think it needs another change.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

No.

Killer still hasn't lost once all 5 Generators have been finished

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,613
    Options

No. Completing 5 gens does not mean the survivors have won. One item should not be able to skip that much of the objective and/or potentially bypass an entire endgame build.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

They should at least do something else with keys. After hatch nerf I've seen just 1 survivor that had a key (which he couldn't even use that game). That's 1 key in like 1000+ games...

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

They should've gave more charges to keys because the other intended usage (aura add ons) it's just not worth it

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2022
    Options

Keys just need to do something at base, besides just open the hatch.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

They do.. if you happen to be the last survivor left alone with the killer, and you let the killer close the hatch and leave the area…

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,372
    Options

I meant like aura wise during the match, obviously they open the hatch.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

Your reasoning is flawed; the Killer has not 'basically lost' just because all 5 gens pop. No.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    Options

Yes, as killers could now tunnel key wielders out of the game much easier (and justifiably so). Either that or seriously reduce the BP cost of keys, and change the fact that the purple key is no basically worse than the green.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    edited April 2022
    Options

That would be cool idea and not everyone is going to use key anyway so if you are going as endgame build as killer just dodge the lobby if you see key. Anyway 99% of the time blood warden is useless and noed gets cleansed immediatelly usually or all totems are cleansed anyway so it does not even spawn. Noed can work if you are quick to down survivors or if it spawns in location hard to find. So would it matter that much if there is hatch somewhere? Survivors probably would not even find it or not all would been even able to escape as the key keeps it only limited time open. In my opinion killer has already lost if survivors get all gens done and still all of them are alive.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288
    Options

Nah

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

They should make hatch visible once 5 gens are completed if they're going to keep putting hatch challenges in the archives.

• AngyKiller
    Options

In my opinion killer has already lost if survivors get all gens done and still all of them are alive

Well your opinion is wrong, and game mechanics should not be made based on incorrect reasoning, as those mechanics will then be flawed.

The Killer has not 'basically lost' or 'almost lost' or lost at all until he can no longer kill the Survivors. That's a hard fact, not an opinion. There is no win condition for popping the gens but not leaving the match.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Survivors would have to find hatch first so killer still has chanse to try comeback even if they have key. I think this is good idea and it should be at least tested. Survivors are going to escape throught exit gates most likely when gens are done so is it that big deal have another way to escape? My goal as killer is always to win before all gens are done and usually I succeed so yeah I consider it lose if they get all gens done.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308
    Options

I agree with this. Just rework keys please. Hatch is fine.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

If a killer lost when the gens were done, then the game would finish and perks like Noed, Nwo, and Bloodwarden wouldn't exist.

• AngyKiller
    edited April 2022
    Options

Good for you?

No, it should not be tested, because the hatch spawning at 5 gens means 1 key can let everyone escape without powering the Exit Gates.

YOU can feel like you lost at 5 gens but that's not how the game works, and is not a mindset that should be used to balance anything. 'Hey! The Survivors are already kind-of winning at 5 gens, so why not just give them a free escape and kick the Killer in the teeth while we're at it?' is a horrible take.

It's not a good idea, and your personal view on 5 gens popping is not something the devs should balance around. The bottom line is that Survivors only win when they escape. They did not 'basically win' if 5 gens pop, and they do not deserve a free escape for 'basically winning'.

Edit: Not to mention it would bring back 'killing onself on hook' when hooked, just to give your SWF buddy the hatch. So this idea is:

1. Flawed. Because there is no 'basically winning'.
    2. Bringing back the exact exploit devs were looking to fix with the hatch & key changes.
  • cordonrouge
    cordonrouge Member Posts: 155
    Options

bring back old hatch and make keys a rare item that you can only find in chests.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    edited April 2022
    Options

This sounds like a wonderful suggestion that the ever sweet survivor players of this amazing community would love. I am so down to clown.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,568
    Options

Maybe after Keys are changed.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    Options

keys don't increase or decrease your MMR, and it doesn't matter if it reappears with 5 generators, only if a single key means a single scape (that is, four survivors must have to bring keys to keep opening the hatch after each one scape, which takes a time to open hatch with the current key system) even if the 4 escape through it, it's a draw for both (killer and survivors).

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

Personally I would prefer if they buffed hatch to atleast a 2 escape nothing more nothing less

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

It's really good idea, but u know killers, they will be camping hatch after all to got hatch points... Sad, but it's true

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,117
    Options

Keys and their add-ons should be reversed. Currently keys open the hatch and their add-ons give aura reading. Instead, the system should be changed to bangles that can be used to read auras (Lowest tier sees allies, mid tier sees windows/pallets, high tier sees killer aura) with an add-on key that allows you to open the hatch.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I wish they'd buff the broken and dull key to have more time on their aura reading use. They're so incredibly weak it's pathetic.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

Yeah! We can also bring back old mori cause it was so fun and scary and intense when a survivor was insta-deleted out of the game after 1 hook. Such fun and powerful things totally need to come back!