Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

There's still something off about grades

DogeDogeMan
DogeDogeMan Member Posts: 22
edited April 2022 in Polls

I previously made a poll where people agreed for the matchmaking to be based on grades, and I think the devs actually took action, but there's still one flaw. Grade reset. The grades completely reset every month on the 13th day. This just punches another hole in the matchmaking system, cause every 13th of the month, the matchmaking becomes awful for everybody. I suggest you go back to the previous group, for example you are Gold III, you go back to Silver I. Kinda like in DBD mobile. But if you are in Ash ranks, it will bring you all the way to Ash IV (cause Ash ranks are the lowest)

There's still something off about grades 16 votes

I completely agree, it should reset you back to the previous group
37%
GazgemauchGarlicRicezaw1337DogeDogeManmagicmoomanhatchetChugger 6 votes
I agree a bit, but the grades could go a little further
18%
brokedownpalaceValikJamnJelly 3 votes
I disagree, it should reset you all the way back
6%
BarnesFlam 1 vote
It doesn't affect me, do whatever you want
37%
F60_31pizzaduffyhp90HPhoenixGuiltiiStroggzChiky 6 votes

Comments

• DogeDogeMan

Correct me if I'm wrong about matchmaking now being based on grades, but I think it is based on that.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    It doesn't affect me, do whatever you want

matchmaking is based off hidden mmr number which is hidden and is different for each killer.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,932

Grades are not used for matchmaking. Matchmaking is done using a hidden MMR Score. Grades are there to show time played during a season and Grade reset does not affect MMR - MMR does not reset.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    I agree a bit, but the grades could go a little further

By a little further, I think it would be best if Grades were in some way representative of your SBMM rating via percentages.

If Iridescent I's were in the top 5% of DbD players worldwide, you'd know that it's an earned emblem.

If Ash 20's were in the bottom 5% of DbD players, according to the SBMM, you'd know they're newer.

You can lose your emblem if your SBMM changes, but I don't think people should lose their scores back at ALL on a reset.

If anything - every 13th should be the end of the month, which should shift your 'current' SBMM score to 0 and your 'Seasonal' SBMM score in stone with what you had the day before. So you may or may not lose ranks on the 13th, but it would be a lot better than being sent back an entire color spectrum... or having to start from the bottom all over again.

• DogeDogeMan
    edited May 2022

I know they were used, but in my recent matches, not only does it now show the grade (which is an indication already), but also they stay around my rank. When MMR's hidden score was used, not only did it not show the grades, but also there was a wobble in the games I played.

Ok, once the test results were shown, yes, I saw everything what was going on about the tests, and I just realized, that the settings placed there were actually ok for matchmaking! But still, Grades and SBMM should be reworked.

And also sorry, I did not realize that until I saw your comment. (I use a dark-mode browser extension so I couldn't see that vibrant BHVR mark.)

Post edited by DogeDogeMan on
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Mandy is an employee of BHVR. You can believe what she is saying is true.

the grades were only invisible for a MMR test for one day.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Take any comment of a member of BHVR with a pinch of salt as to whether its true or not

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

eh. At certain stuff, sure. But in this case it really doesn’t make any sense.

• scubasyd
    scubasyd Member Posts: 74

It should go back to the old emblem(rank) system not grades. You don’t need to play consistently well to go up in grades that’s why bad players get to the iri grades. You only have to play good, have luck, or farm a few games and play a lot to go up in grades. You hit check points to where you won’t go down. That’s the problem. It makes average player get up to the “high” ranks.We need to go back to the old system where you had to play really well all of the time to maintain your rank.