Sprint burst

Options

Is honestly a terrible perk. I don't wanna RP walk everywhere if I don't have to.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,421
    Options

RP walk? There’s a term I’ve never heard of.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

SB is just as bad as Dead Hard. I suggest something like Balanced Landing or Lithe.

😈

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

you dont have to..just use it as a mobility perk and if you have the chance to 99% .. them save your sprint burst. if you want to get chased. simple.... and have more Planification than just using the "E" to outplay perk.

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58
    Options

Sprint burst is the 2nd best exhaustion perk. 99'ing the exhaustion timer takes skill, especially in mid-chase.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

99 it dude if you can do it correctly you can so save yourself out of a jam especially against a instant down killer

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Don’t even 99 it, unless it’s convenient. Otherwise you’re denying yourself and your team that sweet extra speed movement efficiency. Still the best exhaustion perk in the game, in my opinion.

• Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397
    Options

SB allows survivors to get 4.2m in a chase.

Compared to Dead Hard which allows for 3.8m in a chase, iFrames, no collision if the killer swings, and doesn't require any management.

It isn't as good as Dead Hard. The real use case is 99% and using it when you're in a dead zone to get to another tile (it gives more total distance than DH) but this situation doesn't come up very often. Also, with good zoning the killer can zone you out of any nearby tiles.

It is definitely the second best exhaustion perk though.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673
    Options

Honestly I'm really preferring Overcome lately. It's a great perk for solo play if you like to be the one to break pressure on others and wasting the killers time, really puts a lot of control in your hands over the outcome of a game when paired well.

Right now I'm using spine chill, OC, Resurgence and Kindred. I bring a brown med kit with bandage and surgical suture, grind out gens until someone is hooked or the killer starts coming my way, then leading the chase to a loop where I'll just waste the killers time, safe or unsafe, until he hits me and I go anywhere I want (usually a very safe loop/building) and either wait for the killer to give up the chase or waste enough time there for two gens to pop.

If the killer hooks someone else, I'll sit on gen until I know what he's doing then either approach hook or commit to gen, then go to hook for the eventual unhook by someone else, run into the killer for a second block/distraction, and try to force a commitment.

SB is just not as dynamic in it's usage to me, DH and OC just seem better, at least for solo que.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Personally I run Lithe since I have a stupid personal habit where I try to make the killer whiff on my Sprint Burst but 60% of the time I end up getting hit because the killer was too close before I Sprint Bursted, but you don't have to walk around with Sprint Burst. If it's up, it's up.

Who knows, it might come back up mid-chase.