Nerf to Barbecue and Chilli

Gonzalo
Gonzalo Member Posts: 48
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Change to aura reading to show only healthy or dying survivors.
Injured survivors have no chance to run or hide from the killers.
I know you can counter it with lockers but most of the time you would be in an area
where no lockers are nearby.
It would also help newcomers who haven't got their hands on self care.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

As an injured survivors you still have options to counter it. Actually dying survivors have more problems with it. They can't counter the tracking and it makes BBQ good for slugging, which technically wasn't intended.

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

@Freudentrauma said:
    As an injured survivors you still have options to counter it. Actually dying survivors have more problems with it. They can't counter the tracking and it makes BBQ good for slugging, which technically wasn't intended.

Like i said hiding inside lockers or generators doesn't always work with map designs and generator placements.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

You can try to get as near as possible to avoid being tracked by BBQ. If you see someone going down and you can make it towards the direction, you should be fine.
    Other than that, you need to hope that they do not go after you. Or, if you know that you will be seen by BBQ, go to an area where you can loop the Killer.
    Or walk into one direction and after 6 seconds, run/walk into another direction.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    You could always run Diversion if you have it...
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Stop right there criminal scum.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

Truthfully, I think BBQ & Chili has enough counters. You can either temporarily move inside the range of it, hide behind a generator that isn't on, hide in a locker, or walk in one direction and count four seconds and then move in another to confuse the killer. You can also run distortion to counter it when you don't feel like doing any of those previously mentioned methods.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

BBQ literally Just got a nerf ** AND** a Counter Perk.... Keep going and it'll be useless

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Mc_Harty said:

It's called Distortion.

Diversion is the pebble!

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Milo said:

@Mc_Harty said:

It's called Distortion.

Diversion is the pebble!

FFS there are so many Di-Perks. Distortion, Diversion, Discordance... ######### kill me

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

BBQ&Chilli is already close to useless, it mostly gives you purple addons and moris at twice the speed which isn't much to begin with.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited January 2019

BBQ has already been nerfed into the ground, stop whining about it for God's sake.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Hey there is no way in hell you are adding another counter to barbecue.

Already found it ridiculous that this perk basically already has 7 counters and people are still complaining about it
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I don't think I've ever had trouble hiding behind a gen, finding a locker, or running into appropriate range to nullify BBQ & Chili. And when I play killer, it's obvious that vast majority of others don't have a problem doing the same. All it has left is the bonus bloodpoints; enough damage has been done to it already.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

@DocOctober said:
    I think it has more than enough counters already and you need to git gud.

Here I've translated that one for you:

Skill? PAH! who needs "Skill" when you can /crutch

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Gonzalo said:

Injured survivors have many chances to hide from BBQ.

On another note: If the killer doesn't see anyone with BBQ, they have to assume that everyone is close to the hooked guy and that therefore there is no reason to leave the hook. Are you then going to complain that the killer camps?

BBQ was an incentive for the killer to not camp. If everyone is hiding their aura, then it's back to camping. Ironically, a lot of survivors complain about BBQ and camping at the same time.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited January 2019
    Lateral said:

@DocOctober said:

Yeah because it's not like the park already has 7 or more counters please add more because some survivors are literally so coddled that if you don't personally carry them to exit gate on a goose feather pillow with some milk and cookies they consider the killers overpowered.

Or translated wait use one of the many tools at our disposal to counter a perk, nah let's just whine about it until daddy behavior nerfs it some more.

Oh hey there Freddy
    Post edited by Volfawott on
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

God, BBQ is not a strong perk by any means. The only thing we use it for is extra BP, which is sweet. But the aura reading is very weak. Here, let me repeat the counters others mentioned above:

• hiding in a locker
    • hiding behind a gen
    • getting within distance
    • Distortion: great perk, not only for hiding you but what's even more useful that it tells you what aura reading perks or abilities the killer has
    • and not least of all, you can always fake moving to one direction, count for a few seconds and turn around. While this looks like the weakest counter, this is actually the best if you don't want the killer to think you're nearby, since that might encourage him camp your buddy.
    • Oh, and maybe Sole Survivor works too. I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter much, considering it's not a very good perk.

Honestly, with that many options to counter BBQ, it's one of the weakest aura reading killer perk. I personally don't mind that, basically you're sacrificing a slot you could otherwise use for something that's actually useful, that's the deal. But suggesting additional nerfs is absurd.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

@Gonzalo said:

I think you said it best yourself. BBQ is hard to deal with for a newcomer, but the thing about newcomers is, that they learn, and become better.
    You should try to play killer with BBQ a bit more. The best way to learn how to counter a killer perk, is to know how a killer plays with it.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

Call me crazy, but I believe the tracking part of BBQ should be built in to all killers.

You're doing all the work for the entity, the least it could do is show you where the other survivors location is for a couple sec after each hook.

BBQ in reality makes the game go more smoothly. If a killer is running it, more often than not he will not camp unless he doesn't see anyone on the BBQ proc.

It makes for more speedy games and it's easier to save most of the time, since the killer quickly gets into another chase and you can unhook safely. When I play killer, I'll go after those who show up on BBQ, leaving the survivor completely. If the survivor is unhooked before I find someone else, I'm going to return to that place simply because it's all the information I have. You know there are at least two survivors back there and you have nobody in front of you. See what I'm getting at?

I've run Distortion and it works perfectly as a counter for the tracking, those few times when you see a survivor downed and can not reach a locker by the time he gets to the hook , you can rely on this perk.

But, that could screw your hooked teammate over since the likelihood of a killer camping is vastly increased when he doesn't see anyone on BBQ proc.

Best case scenario is when whomever is close make sure they don't show up on BBQ by going to a locker or sneaking up close to the hook, then the killer sees someone far off on BBQ and hightails it over there. In that case, you don't necessarily want to have distortion....

TLDR; "git gud"

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited January 2019

@Lateral said:

@DocOctober said:

BBQ is in absolutely no way a crutch, as said the most this perk does is give us better addons which would not be worth a perkslot in itself so it got the aura reading.

For Legion players BBQ and chilli is basically a guaranteed Franklin's Mixtape, nothing more. I'd hardly call that a crutch.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

@MhhBurgers said:

@Lateral said:

@DocOctober said:

BBQ is in absolutely no way a crutch, as said the most this perk does is give us better addons which would not be worth a perkslot in itself so it got the aura reading.

For Legion players BBQ and chilli is basically a guaranteed Franklin's Mixtape, nothing more. I'd hardly call that a crutch.

Calling a Duck a Walrus doesn't make it any less of a Duck. Well not unless of course you have super strong powers of imagination.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I think BBQ is the perk with the highest amount of counters, does it really need one more?

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Lateral said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Lateral said:

@DocOctober said:

Calling a Duck a Walrus doesn't make it any less of a Duck. Well not unless of course you have super strong powers of imagination.

Oh the irony of that argument.

Guess what, this can be turned right back to you.

As I said before: git gud

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Mc_Harty said:

@Milo said:

@Mc_Harty said:

It's called Distortion.

Diversion is the pebble!

FFS there are so many Di-Perks. Distortion, Diversion, Discordance... [BAD WORD] kill me

Your an Adam, your natural instinct is to chose Diversion over anything else. It's ok, just throw the pebble and and hope that bbq killer goes for it
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@White_Owl said:
    I think BBQ is the perk with the highest amount of counters, does it really need one more?

For Survivor mains it does. They've become so lazy and entitled that any counter that requires you to think about your next actions is a counter they can't be bothered with.

They are too lazy to hide behind gens.
    They are too lazy to search for a Locker.
    They are too lazy to go inside the radius in which BBQ doesn't work.
    They are too lazy to fake out their movement direction during the 4 seconds of Aura-reveal.

They want passive counters that don't require thinking.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Gonzalo said:
    I know you can counter it with lockers but most of the time you would be in an area
    What do you guys think?

DO you want to be camped even more?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    I think BBQ can be countered with a pinch of readiness and is fair as it is now.

I think also there are too many people who rage in anger when a new player is scared by some game mechanics and come to the forum to ask for help: they, instead of receiving calm and polite explanations, sometimes get irony or group attacks, and feel like they fell in a cage of lions... That's really not good: aside every consideration about human respect, new players are our hope the game will last for many many years, so don't shoot at your feet.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

BBQ already had enough counters. Survivors continued to whine and the devs gave in by creating Distortion and buffing lockers. At this point it's just a simple matter of getting good.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Gonzalo said:

What do you guys think?

4 Things:
    1) Distortion exists
    2) Go in a locker and you’ll be fine
    3) Get semi close to the hook so that the killer can’t see you.
    4) If the first 3 fail, find a window or pallet and run the killer for a little bit or lose him. You can also juke them by running one way and walk another/use UE.

Basically, no BBQ doesn’t need a nerf it’s one of the most balanced perks in the game because it had enough room to be countered but is still really helpful and doesn’t guarantee anything on the killers end (meaning they know where you are but it doesn’t mean they can catch you).
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited January 2019

dude.
    this perk has just been nerfed.
    isnt this enough? like, seriously?

this perk has so much counterplay, if you cant use it properly then git gud and stop asking for nerfs

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited January 2019

BBQ is generally okay. It's only really broken in the hands of Billy.

Also you can counter it by hiding behind a generator, if a locker isn't available.