Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If Dead Hard and NOED were both removed from the game...

Bartlaus
Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

... would you agree? Are you survivor or killer main? Or do you play both sides equally?

I've noticed a lot of complaint discussions about DH today (actually as always 😂) so this question came to my mind. I would suggest killswitching both perks for a test weekend.

To me Dead Fart is by far the strongest survivor perk and my biggest crutch in Solo Q. That's why I use this perk almost every match. With Dead Hard for distance I can extremely extend almost every chase. Still, I would appreciate it if this perk were removed from the game. NOED doesn't bother me that much personally, but I wouldn't miss it since I never play with NOED. But it is survivor's most hated perk. By the way, I play both sides equally, so I'm a DBD main :3

Post edited by Bartlaus on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

NOED being removed wouldn't really achieve anything either way, so that's an extremely raw deal for survivors lmao.

Still, from a purely selfish mindset, absolutely I'd be alright with that. The removal of the single most OP perk in the game, and all ""my side"" gives up is a mediocre, inconsistent noob stomper? That's a damn good deal.

• DriplordDrew
    DriplordDrew Member Posts: 246

Meh NOED is annoying but w/e get your kill cause you played like trash. I don't use DH so I wouldn't miss it. Honestly you take both out or even on the other side will cry. If they both go you are going to have both side set their crying eyes on another perk.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

It would be a delightful taste sensation!

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

DH and NOED can get deleted and forgotten.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

Love that

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

If noed goes, adrenaline goes.

• Bartlaus

At least they don't have to worry about NOED and don't have to cleanse 5 totems before a single gen is done (my daily Solo Q experience by the way). And hey, @Sluzzy recently mentioned that Sprint Burst is even better than DH (:

But I agree with you, I also think DH is stronger than NOED.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

I would be fine with it I don't use noed and I use balanced landing usually

• t0007319
    t0007319 Member Posts: 176

Without dead hard solo q wouldn’t exist, it’s painful enough as is.

I’d be more than happy without dead hard or noed but the game has severe balancing issues which can’t be sorted.

• DriplordDrew

NOED rewards a killer for not getting everyone dead before doing the gens which is their objective. After the last gen it become stopping them from leaving. Adrenaline rewards a survivor for getting all the gens done. They are not the same thing.

• latigresa
    latigresa Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2022

NOED exists so babies won't quit the match. Its meant to be overpowered.

Dead hard is overrated. Good survivors would still beat you at loops. Killers would complain about something else, just like how they did with BNP, OoO, DS, Boil Over, COH, etc...

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

Adrenaline is not really comparable to NOED imo. The only thing they have in common is that they share the same trigger condition.

Adrenaline rewards the survivors for successfully completing the majority of their objective, while NOED rewards the killer for failing to stop the gens. There's a big difference.

• DrDeepwound

Killers job is to get people dead. When the gens are done has nothing to do with it. The game has end-game builds for a reason.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,236

I'd take this trade in a second as a killer main.

• DriplordDrew

legit one of the emblems is to prevent gens from being done so your right... oh wait no reward bad play cause you have an end game build cause you can't get it done during normal game. Adrenaline only comes into play when survivors are done their objective again these two perks are not the same. One is for trash and the other is for completing the objective. Gatekeeper emblem if you are interested in reading about how part of your job is to prevent gens from being done.

• DrDeepwound

wait, I thought we were playing the game to have fun. Who cares about emblems man, run head on and blood warden,, its great.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Killers should lose more perks than just one if dead hard would be removed all the other exhaustion persk are too weak expect sprint burst which can be better if used right.

• Bartlaus

So would u agree or not?

"Good survivors would still beat you at loops." Yes, that's why they don't actually need DH. Because with DH they are even worse.

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139

Let me guess......judging by your name you must main PH 👀

• DrDeepwound
    edited April 2022

Perks are there to help each side achieve their goal. I run adrenaline on all my survs. I also think running a No Way Out, Blood Warden, Noed build for giggles produces some good fun. Much like Mad Grit. Besides that means all match the killer had no perks cept BBQ

Forgive me for having fun.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

And I'm not saying you can't have fun, to be clear. If my only two options were to delete DH and NOED or to do nothing to them, I would delete them. But in an ideal world I would want DH to be nerfed and NOED to be reworked into something that has the same general idea as an endgame perk but doesn't feel so cheap, rather than just deleting both perks entirely.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the idea of an endgame build.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Removing DH would single handedly raise kill rates significantly and removing NOED would single handedly lower kill rates significantly. They both need changes and are unhealthy design.

• MrsJukes
    MrsJukes Member Posts: 17

Not really. I do think Dead Hard as it is now needs to change, but not removed for good (not like they'd do itlike that, anyway).

NOED can go, though. I don't mind. [90% killer, 10% survivor]

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

better yet, make them both base kit for a week and let’s see those results🥳

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

NOED isn't even that good so nice trade

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

LOL

I run end game builds sometimes because they can be fun. And sometimes those survivors don't even get to see that endgame build, which is the most weirdly satisfying yet disappointing feeling ever. It means the survivors all got killed by a killer with no active perks and a couple of addons.

This thread also really highlights the really big disconnect a lot of you have with some of these perks and their application. Everyone always assumes NOED = bad killer, bad play, which isn't always the case. But yeah, let's just keep thinking it means only one thing instead of acknowledging other factors that also result in certain perks being equipped. Like if I notice that games are going by really fast despite my best efforts, that's when I might run an endgame build and that will change my mood because I'm responding to reams rushing through matches. Or I enter a lobby and you can just smell the sweat and Boons about to happen, which means totems stay up. And what is the bad play in that situation btw? The people putting the same Boon up on the same totem over and and over or me knowing the best thing to do after a killer snuffs a totem is cleanse that totem and move the Boon somewhere else? Because it really doesn't feel like such a bad play at all when I'm basically reading a team at the lobby and take advantage of that very common mistake. But you probably don't see it that way.

• DrDeepwound
    edited April 2022

This thread also highlights that survivors will complain killers are running the same ruin/tinker/undying builds all day, but the moment you find something funny to run like Blood Warden which hardly ever procs but can be super fun when it does, they call you "bad killer who can't get it done during the 5 gens."

Ummm, no, we just did that the last 10 matches and are running something fun before we call it a night. More like we just played a match with no perks until end-game. But oh no a killer is playing something off-meta, he must be bad he can';t win without Blood Warden! LOL

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Dead Hard is way more valuable than NOED.

Killers should give up corrupt for Dead Hard at very least if not lot more

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

People would find something else to complain about.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited April 2022

The problem with these perks isn't their strength. Strong perks are fine; No one is going to get excited about playing the game if most perks are like Monstrous Shrine. The true issue is that DH and NOED are both very frustrating to play against. Things in games that cause frustration are also generally fine. A game with no frustrations or obstacles is lackluster and boring to play through, but take it the extreme and you stop having fun.

The problem is perceived fairness. These perks take mistakes and turn them into strengths. They punish the other team for winning, and getting punished for winning feels extremely bad. Getting squirted in the face by a water bottle when you're expecting a tasty snack is a little frustrating. Especially when it happens several times in a row.

"I won the mind-game and I was about to get a down that would help me create pressure and win the game. Instead, the survivor dead hard'd to the pallet and effectively nullified their mistake, forcing me to chase them for an extra 30 seconds. I still got the down, but that extra time in chase made me lose a generator."

"I slammed out the gens when I could and took the killer on long chases, helping my team complete our objective efficiently so we can escape. However, the killer has NOED and I just got hit from stealth. I tell my teammates to just leave and not worry about it, but I'm still annoyed that I'm dead despite not making a mistake that was dire enough to be punished so severely."

• TheRealOne
    TheRealOne Member Posts: 23

play survivor its so much fun and less stressful than playing killer. I know dead hard is broken but its fun

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Nowhere does it say survivors need to die before the gens pop.

The survivors job isnt to do 5 gens, it's to escape.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Neither one should be removed IMO.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

Dead hard needs nerf for sure. Good news, the devs actually talked about working on it.

NOED needs a rework. It gives cheap downs. But is inconsistent when you really need it. Everyone would win if it got changed. Unfortunately, we have nothing on the radar about changes on it.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

How are the downs cheap?

What makes a NoED down different from a normal down? Take out the 'after 5 gens' BS; What makes NoED 'cheap downs' compared to any other down late game?

A down is a down. Survivors don't get to decide what's cheap or not, or Killers would have 2 minutes to get kills; After 1 gen (because if you kill before a gen is done, you're toxic and sweaty) but before 5 (Because 5 gens is 'basically winning' for Survivors and 'already lost' for Killers!)

I am sick of this 'NoED is cheap' and 'NoED rewards failure' tripe. It's wrong.

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Noed is fine

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I can't understand the logic of some people. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of NOED but people always say it's cheap because you get rewarded for failing to hinder the survs at completing the gens. Remember bhvr wants the game at a 2k/2e balance so logicly the gens should get done otherwise it would work so it's not a reward for failing anything or is my logic flawed

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

While I would prefer they were both reworked, i'll still be fine if they were both just deleted for good.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I don't use either of them.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I'd love to see the perks killswitched off for a week and see the data and feedback that comes out of it.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

NOED doesn't REWARD anything, my friends.

In order for a perk to REWARD behavior, it must have some sort of gameplay requirement that forces killers into a particular style of gameplay.

Dead Hard does not REWARD anything.

Again. In order for a perk to REWARD behavior, it must have some sort of gameplay requirement that forces killers into a particular style of gameplay.

NOED and DH are aggravating because they do not REWARD any particular choice or action. They do not incentivize a particular style over another or grant increased value given some practical sense of preparation. They do not have and prior consideration or cognitive evaluation to employ.

The problem with NOED as a killer perk - and DH as a survivor perk - is that these are FREE.

They can be used with a virtual guarantee of value without any actual skill, any actual input, without any consideration or preparation.

When a survivor sees NOED pop, it's almost like the killer says 'I brought this perk, I win.'

When a killer sees DH pop, it's almost like the survivor is saying 'I brought this perk, I win.'

The problem is not the direction of the power, it is not some sense of 'Rewarding' behavior.

It is the opposite, in reality.

These perks are completely omnidirectional in their application and have no structure whatsoever to 'reward' anything. They do not require consideration or risk. They have no true vices that can make their employment difficult or challenging.

DH may have Exhaustion for 40 seconds, but NOED can be removed from the game and is a dead slot for the vast majority of the trial.

In either case, NOED will almost ALWAYS find value in a match and secure a kill. DH will almost ALWAYS find value in a match and secure safety.

There is absolutely no specificity to anticipate, drawbacks to consider, requirements to prepare, or situations to force.

There is no transaction between potential value and cost.

It is not that people who bring these perks are babies, or are being given treats for bad behavior.

It is that they simply need not do anything or consider any factor in the game whatsoever to find value, which utterly breaks the tradeoff economy that this game has in spades.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I don't mind Dead Hard it has it's problems sure but, it doesn't bother to much and NOED well you can get rid of that before it even pops and it's not guaranteed.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,416

I'm a survivor main, and NOED actually doesn't bother me. Not fussed at all if i die, as long as I pulled my weight during the game. I usually get NOED vibes off certain killers anyway and cleanse or take note of totem locations so I can hit the hex totem if NOED activates. Then I die trying to get everyone out anyway lol