Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Playing Artist feels Underwhelming

Azarino
Azarino Member Posts: 24

Has anyone else played Artist recently with this tragic SBMM?

I have found playing her very difficult against survivors who know how to dodge her crows and jump into lockers.

They also have the tendency to flash their flashlights at the exit and tell me how much of a bad Artist player I am. I never used to struggle with her so much. But these days, i'm lucky enough to get 1-2k with her.

Anyone got any tips, or recommended builds as her?

Lastly, playing as the Artist in Pale Rose, needs more awareness. It's practically impossible.

Comments

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

I mean artist isn't too hard to play. You just put your crows down at a loop and force the survivor into it for unavoidable damage, and if they run away, you just catch up while they're out of position because she is 4.6 for some reason or repeat the process. Then when you down them, you use Deadmans Switch and her scourge hook to block the gens with crows and slow down the game to a crawl, because Deadmans is a super super fair perk. Haha but seriously just try zoning more with the crows, she's unloopable if you do that.

I'm surprised they're dodging the crows. Do you spam 3 crows at them? They already have pretty big hitboxes but shotgunning crows at people can make it nearly impossible for you to dodge. I've never seen someone jump in a locker to get rid of crows so I don't know if it's worth it or not. Maybe use Iron Maiden?

• Azarino
    Azarino Member Posts: 24

I've tried all of your recommendations. Survivors are usually far away when hit by a swarm of crows. By the time I get over, they hold 'W' somewhere else, or jump into a locker so the crows are pointless.

I'm quitting Artist for now, and switching to Nurse, as I can't take the entitled survivor swf's any longer :/

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

She's a pretty good killer, just not very satisfying to play. You can make some big brain play and get wallbangs, but it's not very rewarding to do so or simply takes too much time.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I play Artist and find her very effective. Her best add-ons are, in my opinion, Severed Hands and the bell add-on that makes survivors Oblivious.

Do not shoot three crows unless you already have a survivor swarmed with crows and you don't have confidence in your aim.

Call of Brine OR Surveillance are good perks for her (unfortunately, the perks do not have good synergy) simply because as soon as you see a gen is being worked on you can chase the survivors off even while chasing another survivor.

DMS and PR are really effective on her as they are on any high mobility, high map pressure killer. If you don't like that combo, Ruin, Undying and Surveillance is great at map pressure while your hex is up as you know immediately if a gen is being worked on as long as the survivors don't work on the gen from zero uninterrupted to 100%.

BBQ and Chili as well as Floods of Rage also play to the Artist's strengths as the Artist can interrupt gens, healing, etc or just snipe a survivor whenever it goes off.

Lockers are annoying but head to a survivor that does that as soon as you hit them. If they're too close then you can get a hit in or take them out of the locker with not too much work. Or use Iron Maiden. 30 seconds of exposed and a scream can discourage jumping into lockers a lot if you can chase effectively.

The Artist will get most of her downs through M1s so, if you need to work on M1 type chases, that would be something to work on.

The first reply to your post is very heavily understating how high the Artist's skill cap is and how much counterplay is available against the Artist. She's a high skill cap killer that does have a lot of counterplay.

I find Artist to be a lot of fun but, even optimally played, I don't think she's as strong as Nurse. She's not that far off though and is definitely A tier. If you find her enjoyable, play her and if not, Nurse is an amazing option as well.