Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

I don't know which Killer would suit me the best

DogeDogeMan
DogeDogeMan Member Posts: 22
edited April 2022 in Ask the Community

I think I've made up my mind: I will play Huntress, and save my Iridescent Shards when I really want a new Killer (that's probably gonna be Doctor), but in the meantime, I am gonna play Huntress.

I started playing when DBD was for free on December 2021, and I played Wraith, cause I thought I would be good with stealth, but then I many times forgot when to cloak, when to not, and I became a basic M1 Killer, and I got my @$$ kicked. Then I tried Survivor, but it didn't work that well. But then recently on Spring, I tried Hillbilly, and boy was that a good change of pace. Now I am way better on Killer, but it isn't perfect, and it has left me hanging...

I dunno which Killer should I buy next? I tried Nurse, but I am terrible at her. I think maybe Blight could fit me, but then again, I was great on Doctor when I played on mobile. So do you maybe have some suggestions?

I will get Thanatophobia from Nurse for gen pressure and healing slowdown, so I am kinda good on perks, cause I also got Hillbilly's perks, so no need to get a Killer for perks, just for playstyle.

I could get a licensed Killer, but better would be an original Killer.

Post edited by DogeDogeMan on

Best Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    Answer ✓

Well, no one can really tell you until you try it.

if you liked Hillbilly, then I guess Oni might be suitable for you. He starts as an M1 killer and has to charge his power but once you got it you can snowball pretty well and with demon rush you can maneuver around the map. But Blight might be a great choice as well. Blight can be very fun but I do think it’s especially for a beginner also frustrating to miss hits and slide off assets while rushing past survivors etc.

Spirit might be a good choice as well, you won’t really forget her power unlike Wraith as she is a slower killer and kinda dependent on phasing.

You didn’t mention Huntress or other ranged killers so I guess you could try her as she is already available.

• AuspiciousTiming
    AuspiciousTiming Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓

Hey DogeDogeman,

Welcome to Dead by Daylight!

If you are brand new to the game, there are many killers that fit different playstyles that vary a lot depending on which perks they equip, and which add-ons they use. There is a website with a small quiz that could help you determine which killer you could like: https://who-is-your-ideal-killer.vercel.app/

My personal recommandation for you would be to try the cannibal. He is very similar to the hillbilly, but with more maniability from up close, with the downside of losing a bit of time if you bump into an obstacle. If you do not like him, it is not a waste because his teachable barbecue and chilli is also very good for beginners on a lot of killers; not only do you see every survivor that is 40 meters away from you, but you also gain a token for each survivor that is hooked and each token grants you 25% increase in bloodpoints at the end of the game, for a maximum of 100% bonus blood points if you hook all four survivors at least once. This means that each time you hook a survivor you will gain information on where to go next to pick up a chase, and your blood points will be doubled in each game you equip this perk, making the grind to unlock other teachables on killer a little less tedious.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask away :)

• DogeDogeMan
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Ok, I tried Huntress, and woah, she might be my second main! I got a 2k with multiple hooks, with one practically useless perk. Imagine what would happen if I leveled her up? Woah.

Oh, and also I think I won't get Trickster. I think a one-shot-damage is better for me, cause in that 1 match, I got not a lot of line-of-sight to the survivor.

Post edited by DogeDogeMan on
  • Erendriel_00
    Erendriel_00 Member Posts: 30
    Answer ✓

I main Doctor and I think is super fun to play as and against, but if you play it get ready to receibe not very kind words on the postmatch...

Answers

• AuspiciousTiming
    AuspiciousTiming Member Posts: 2

Here is the description of the perk:

Unlocking this Perk makes it available in the Bloodweb of all KillersA deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook

• Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stack-able 25 % bonus to all Bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of Several Percent.

The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it." — Drayton Sawyer

May be unlocked in the Shrine of Secrets or in Cannibal's Bloodweb at Level 35

• DogeDogeMan

I have tried Oni on mobile with "Free Tickets", and on mobile, the controls are a bit finicky, but I do think he might be a good pick, thank you for reminding me of him.

And on Huntress, I get scolded by my friends for having bad aim in shooter games, but I think I might be getting better at it. I will try Huntress as well, but part of me says I should get Trickster if I like Huntress, but don't get a lot of hits.

And Doctor, I was super good on mobile, but I think the survivors on mobile are not the same as on PC, so I might get Doctor, but only after I get someone good like Oni or Trickster.

And also Cannibal could be good, but about the quiz, I don't really know what playstyle I want, so I get suggestions, but I don't think they suit me. So I could get my answer there, if I could make up my mind.

• DogeDogeMan

Oh, btw, about the start you said: no, I am not brand new to dbd, I have played on dbd mobile for a long time before this, and just watched videos for also before (like from 2020 I think), so I am very familiar with the mechanics of the game, good strategies, and much more. Despite this I still suck a bit.