Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Upcoming Hag buff

Might_Oakk
Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I really like this buff. I always hated the tiny range of her trap teleportation. It really forced her to play within a small area of the map. Obviously quicker trap setting time is just good.

The negative add on effect reduction is really nice too. I hated how if I used increased teleportation range the setting time went up so much.

I think these changes might lift her up to lower mid tier!

Comments

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
    I currently can not watch the stream, how did they buff Hag?
  • GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

@BaconMuncher9 said:

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

@BaconMuncher9 said:

--> Decrease base trap setting time
    --> Increase base trap teleporting range
    --> Unlimited trigger notification range
    --> Add-ons balance pass

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

The Hag's ADDONs

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018

I don't know. They need to give buffs to the Hindered status effect, it only affects them for like 1-2 seconds, unlike clown where it's 40% speed movement reduction

Rusty Shackles, Granma's Heart, Disfigured Ear is still as useless. Please just remove it

The biggest issue with hag is that people can destroy all her traps by just running around, so if the Hag is chasing one survivor, his friends can destroy all her traps extremely easily. and there's no counterplay to this

They should also get rid of her slow after teleported, her run speed is really slow

Why Waterlogged shoe have to remove the ability to teleport to traps? Those 2 seconds slow will do nothing, I already tested and used the addon many times and it's rubbish. Please do some play-test on this, the slow is almost non-existent

If it's permanent it would be useful and would be a good addon. but what would a 2 second slow do? You cannot gain bloodlust with this addon on. absolutely useless.

did you guys realize huntress with an axe can make survivors 30/ 45 seconds slower? So why a hag with ultra-rare have only 2 seconds and required a survivor stepping on a trap? and even removed her ability to teleport

• LizzyLovesSatan
    LizzyLovesSatan Member Posts: 8

I Am So Excited! I am hyperfocusing on the increased trap setting speed, because that is ALL I have ever wanted as a buff for Hag and WAAAAAAH HERE IT IS! I can't wait!!

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Someissues said:
    The biggest issue with hag is that people can destroy all her traps by just running around, so if the Hag is chasing one survivor, his friends can destroy all her traps extremely easily. and there's no counterplay to this

This is not an issue with a Tinkerer build, and the buff would make her base trapping speed even better than the Tinkerer build.

Besides, it's an urban legend that you can destroy "all Hag trap while she is chasing one survivor". For several reasons:

• Your chases shouldn't be too long with the Hag. She has a really, really high chase potential.
    • If your chase is long, it's mostly because you chase a survivor with no trap around, and it is a mistake. Drop the chase, hide yourself like an immersed Claudette, relocate your web, then chase again.
    • You should be able to punish someone who tries to destroy your traps at one point, unless you trapped in a corner or the map is really, really huge. In this case, try to trap more in the center, so that you can teleport from all borders on the map.
    • If someone manages to destroy all your traps, they are too close to each other, and too predictable as well.

If you have too much troubles with that, try to expand more your web, and make it around a tactical spot (main building, for example, or huge juking spot). If you know for a fact survivors are in X area (because you hear a gen, see scratchmarks), stay hidden and trap before you engage a chase.

I'm not saying it's easy, though. But it's part of her learning curve ^.^

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    With the change to Tinkerer coming, running a hag with that and the Heart would make things quite terrifying for survivors. Having the increased teleport range with the aura sensing ability as well would be cool I think.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Michi said:
    You mean she was top tier and still stays there after the changes

:lol:

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:

I'm not saying it's easy, though. But it's part of her learning curve ^.^

It wouldn't be an issue if the unlimited teleport range doesn't have a 15 seconds cooldown. It's overkill.

@TrumpJunior said:
    I guess removing the downside of these add-ons  which literally disables her ability to teleport would be too OP? That’s nearly as dumb as using two blink removing add-ons on the Nurse.

Waterlogged shoe even after the buff it's still useless. The slow only last 2 seconds and it's not a 40% speed reduction like Clown. Huntress can have 45 seconds slow with just one hit. Combined with that and using this addon's removes the ability for Hag to teleport is just extremely bad

I can't believe the Devs cannot see why this addon is so useless, did they even try to use it?

If Hag can still teleport after using this addon, it would be a good addon and not overpowered. Removing her ability to teleport is just dumb and threw the balance out of the window

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446

It wouldn't be an issue if the unlimited teleport range doesn't have a 15 seconds cooldown. It's overkill.

You are forgetting the part where not only is it unlimited range, you can teleport to it at will, not wait for a survivor to trip it. That is what brings the cool down, so that you aren't omnipresent.

Someissues said:

Waterlogged shoe even after the buff it's still useless. The slow only last 2 seconds and it's not a 40% speed reduction like Clown. Huntress can have 45 seconds slow with just one hit. Combined with that and using this addon's removes the ability for Hag to teleport is just extremely bad

I can't believe the Devs cannot see why this addon is so useless, did they even try to use it?

If Hag can still teleport after using this addon, it would be a good addon and not overpowered. Removing her ability to teleport is just dumb and threw the balance out of the window

By itself, ya it's pretty useless. But combine it with scarred hand on indoor maps so you can use your traps to body block bottlenecks and steps those few seconds and their utter confusion are more than enough.
  • Soren

@azazer said:
    You are forgetting the part where not only is it unlimited range, you can teleport to it at will, not wait for a survivor to trip it. That is what brings the cool down, so that you aren't omnipresent.

If I recall, they also plan to remove the cooldown of "teleport as your will"!

• Someissues

@azazer said:
    By itself, ya it's pretty useless. But combine it with scarred hand on indoor maps so you can use your traps to body block bottlenecks and steps those few seconds and their utter confusion are more than enough.

It limits the player's play style and forces them to use Scarred Hand. If the hag can't teleport and her ability is only to block players. It's even a weaker ability in comparison to the trapper, whose traps might be easier to be seen and disarmed, but are much more punishable notably with the reworks. Especially if he hunts you into them during a chase.

Losing the ability to teleport is like said already a huge deal when it comes to the hag's mobility and map presence. The collisions alone can't make up for that. You are better off playing Trapper instead

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:

@azazer said:

Yes, and did you forget why Hag is so weak? People can just crouch and ignore her traps. Even if it doesn't have a cooldown it wouldn't be as overpowered and it would make it a great addon. Many Hag mains doesn't use it and much prefer the trap setting time due to the fact that if you take this addon you won't be able to deal with pallet loops well. Nor will you be able to deal with jump loops and other issues

Even after the rework if the Devs leave the addons as is Hag will still be a weak killer

• Soren

@Someissues said:
    Yes, and did you forget why Hag is so weak? People can just crouch and ignore her traps. Even if it doesn't have a cooldown it wouldn't be as overpowered and it would make it a great addon. Many Hag mains doesn't use it and much prefer the trap setting time due to the fact that if you take this addon you won't be able to deal with pallet loops well. Nor will you be able to deal with jump loops and other issues

Even after the rework if the Devs leave the addons as is Hag will still be a weak killer

Do you really think survivors have time to crouch the whole game?
    Also, with the upcoming update, she will have her Tinkerer build in her base kit. No need for necklets anymore.

Now, I don't really like Mint Rag, because it forces you to face the right trap and makes you less dynamic overall.

The first part of her rework (because it is not finished yet) will make her really close to the Nurse in term of pressure and overall strengh. I will even completely remove Ruin from my builds, it won't be really needed anymore, I prefer perks like STBFL or The Third Seal that can snowball really quicky with her ability.

You don't realize how powerful these buffs are for Hag - machine gun build by default.

If you still have doubt about how effective she can be at high ranks, I suggest you to watch Evil Cynthia, Spectrobyss or myself. Her pressure is just insane once you master her.

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:
    Also, with the upcoming update, she will have her Tinkerer build in her base kit. No need for necklets anymore.

There's a perk called Urban Evasion and it works extremely well, it's even much faster than as if you're walking. Putting traps near hooked survivors are useless. Survivors aren't dumb, they can just crouch and then save their friends

What does that mean? That means you have to camp with the Hag, the setting time should have been in her kit from the beginning.

The addon changes for the higher tier ones are still as bad. Rusty Shackles, Granma's Heart and Disfigured Ear is still as useless as always. and the changes they did with Waterlogged Shoe is just lazy. If they want to make a Killer viable they can't be just half-arse on this

Ultra Rare is meant to be powerful, not something that hindered you or put you in a handicap. This and Judith's Tombstone is the worst Ultra Rare addons for Killers right now. The amount of time it takes to activate Tier 3 on Rank 1 games is non-existent with this addon on, especially with Moderately decreased movement speed guaranteed you will get infinite to death and pellets

Posting examples of successful Hag mean nothing, I can easily get 3-4 man as Freddy and Wraith, even he Hag too which is the worst killers, and if you look on evilcynthia all his games are games that were successful and 4 man Jones, I highly doubt all his games are like that

• Soren

@Someissues said:

@Soren said:

There's a perk called Urban Evasion and it works extremely well, it's even much faster than as if you're walking. Putting traps near hooked survivors are useless. Survivors aren't dumb, they can just crouch and then save their friends

What does that mean? That means you have to camp with the Hag, the setting time should have been in her kit from the beginning.

The addon changes for the higher tier ones are still as bad. Rusty Shackles, Granma's Heart and Disfigured Ear is still as useless as always. and the changes they did with Waterlogged Shoe is just lazy. If they want to make a Killer viable they can't be just half-arse on this

Ultra Rare is meant to be powerful, not something that hindered you or put you in a handicap

Posting examples of successful Hag mean nothing, I can easily get 3-4 man as Freddy and Wraith, even he Hag too which is the worst killers, and if you look on evilcynthia all his games are games that were successful and 4 man Jones, I highly doubt all his games are like that

Yeah, I expected the Urban Evasion talk soon or later. You should really watch SpaceCoconut's Hag tutorial if you haven't seen yet. But I'll sum it up for you: Urban Evasion will never be an issue for the Hag. Never, ever.

If you urban evade / watch the whole game. You hinder yourself at a 56.5% speed, while the Hag can move at a 110% speed. That means you will take an insane amount of time to travel around the map, fix the gens, make rescues, while I can freely patrol between gens and hunt with my low terror radius. You just don't exploit Hag's most weakness, which is the genrush. Besides, by overly crouching, you protect her traps, that means: 1. she will down you really quickly as fast as she finds you 2. you save her even more time since she won't have to trap again.

Really, this is the worst you can do against a Hag. I remember playing with a cute streamer back then, as soon as she realized it was a Hag, she started urban evading anywhere. As soon as I hear a trap, she saw me leaving the gen to run everywhere on the map and locate her web.

On your other point. I'm a high rank Hag. I barely bother with the camp. I don't need to, because of the pressure I can put on the map. Hell, it's even the character I camp the less with. But either way. You don't want to listen to anything. We told us we don't have issue at all with the high ranks. Yet you just stick with your beliefs. Stay with them, I don't like stubborn people.

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:
    On your other point. I'm a high rank Hag. I barely bother with the camp. I don't need to, because of the pressure I can put on the map. Hell, it's even the character I camp the less with. But either way. You don't want to listen to anything. We told us we don't have issue at all with the high ranks. Yet you just stick with your beliefs. Stay with them, I don't like stubborn people.

I watched it already and knows what you're talking about from the Reddit thread. You are dodging and missing the point of what I'm implying. Her kit after the reworked will be fine, her add-ons, however, are not

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437

@Someissues said:

@Soren said:

Ultra Rare is meant to be powerful, not something that hindered you or put you in a handicap. This and Judith's Tombstone is the worst Ultra Rare addons for Killers right now. The amount of time it takes to activate Tier 3 on Rank 1 games is non-existent with this addon on, especially with Moderately decreased movement speed guaranteed you will get infinite to death and pellets

First of, urban evasion doesn't make your speed faster than your walking one. It makes your crouching speed the same as your walking speed. Also if you have make your choice crouching to save your friends is helpful for the hag. Often when a survivor triggers the trap near the hook, the hag teleports to it and make your choice doesn't activate. That way it does and a lot of survivors trigger the trap on purpose after the save which means easy one hit for the savior, easy hook.
    As for the last thing you said, every single killer has good games and bad games. Doesn't matter if he's top tier or not. Plus everyone has their own tier list. Billy for instance is low tier on my list but he maybe top in yours.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited June 2018
    azazer said:

How to use the Mint Rag:
    1. Place Traps in grass around totems and gens in a way they wont get triggered right away.

2. Get on top of a building, hill etc and wait for survivors to take the baits.

3. Get gen/totem grabs.

4. Repeat

Its stupid but won me a few matches so far.
  • Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91

@Soren said:

« The Hag plays completely differently than ever other killer and barely has any counterplay in chases, yet she sucks because I think so. » 

Urban Evasion is only good for hook saves, the rest will just harm your team. Her add-ons being bad doesn’t make her a bad killer. I mean, look at Nurse...-_-
  • Someissues
    edited June 2018

@foodie said:
    First of, urban evasion doesn't make your speed faster than your walking one. It makes your crouching speed the same as your walking speed. Also if you have make your choice crouching to save your friends is helpful for the hag. Often when a survivor triggers the trap near the hook, the hag teleports to it and make your choice doesn't activate. That way it does and a lot of survivors trigger the trap on purpose after the save which means easy one hit for the savior, easy hook.

Yes my bad for saying its faster when due to low FOV making it seems faster, anyhow the main problem with Hag's rework is the addons

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437

@foodie said:

Yes my bad for saying its faster when due to low FOV making it seems faster, anyhow the main problem with Hag's rework is the addons

Consider this buff she's getting a step in the right direction. Sure they can do more but right now im happy with what they're planning to do with her.
  • Soren

@Someissues said:

@foodie said:

On this point, all downsides will be removed from her addons up to green with the upcoming update. For purple and pink: yes, most of them are awful, because they are (mostly) meant to be a "new game mode" like Scratched Myers. But hey, I don't mind it. I played with mostly brown addons for nearly one year, now I will be able to use green addons without worry, lol. One of our fellow is currently discussing with the devs to buff/rework some her higher rarity addons. Not the priority of her Triangle Cube, though.

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:
    On this point, all downsides will be removed from her addons up to green with the upcoming update. For purple and pink: yes, most of them are awful, because they are (mostly) meant to be a "new game mode" like Scratched Myers. But hey, I don't mind it. I played with mostly brown addons for nearly one year, now I will be able to use green addons without worry, lol. One of our fellow is currently discussing with the devs to buff/rework some her higher rarity addons. Not the priority of her Triangle Cube, though.

I am no Hag main but Trapper and I hope they do justice for Hag, I am sick of seeing Nurses and Billy on Rank 1. I highly doubt there would be anyone having success with Hag on tourneys, even one of the best Trapper fail. Good to hear u have someone like that, hope it all worked out

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

Sweet! I love the concept of the Scarred hand but it was so trash due to the reduced movement speed. Now I'll be able to actually use the scarred hand to block off pallets and windows while keeping chase. Sweet!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I can't wait until these changes makes it to the PTB then live! I feel like trapper will be in the upper-mid tier and the hag will be in the mid tier, CAN'T WAIT! :)
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    The thing I hate is they flat buffed her without fixing her turtle style game play. There's nothing more frustrating than watching the game slow to a crawl because two idiots don't know how to crouch and you and the last survivor are ready to stick it out for 30 minutes for the hatch escape. She's just downright boring to play against if you don't fight the right hag.