My survivor matches have been terrible lately

I like to play a balance between Killer and Survivor because I like variety. I started to play Killer more and more due to my frustration with really terrible luck in terms of matchmaking. This past week however was unbelievable. I couldn't tell if the other Survivors were just new or really didn't care. It got to the point where I was taking keys into each match simply because I got tired of being the only one doing any work. You name it and I probably went through it. Between hiding in corners on the map to unhooking (or not even bothering to unhook in some cases) right in front of the Killer with no BT. I would circle the maps at least twice to see if any of the gens had been touched and the Survivors are just casually walking around doing nothing. You'd think that once Devour Hope activated that most Survivors would actually go looking for the totems. In one of the matches, a Hag was face-camping and I knew not to go near her until I found the totem for DH. The Survivor sends me a nasty PSN message about how I let him get to 2nd hook... I mean really... DH is active and she was face-camping. I used to be a major team player in the random matches but I'm feeling like maybe I need to pull back and focus on my own escape. I don't want to be selfish but I don't like having to do extra work when there are four Survivors. Any thoughts?

Comments

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

Similar thoughts. I noticed that a lot of my matches when I play as a Killer have a completely different set of Survivors. They all seem to work together and sometimes I can't even find one. Kind of like Night and Day in terms of how different they've been for me.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

I can tell you for sure that it never used to be this bad, in fact, it was actually enjoyable. Aside from killers having new strong perks, and survivors getting nerfed in every single update, as well as omega blink nurse on the rise, I'd say the reason is due to killers gravitating to camping and tunnelling in every match nowadays.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited April 2022
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited April 2022

I feel like a lot of peoples "hate" of solo queue comes from a lack of accountability. I play solo queue for literally hours and hours every single day, way more than most and solo queue is totally fine. We win the vast majority of our matches. Even 1 good player can carry a team. I think this is more people playing badly and blaming "bad teammates" instead. I would even go as far as to say that even in solo queue you still have a massive advantage vs the killer with the games balancing. For people to even go as far as to call solo queue unplayable is just completely ridiculous and I think people should rewatch their game play.

• xBlitzAce1989x

It's just the opposite for me. Lately I'll do around 3 gens solo and everyone else is doing something like crowding a hook. I'll be the only one without a hook and out of sympathy, I'll run over to help my team. Then I end up dying on 1st hook while gens still aren't being touched. I can see they aren't doing anything from the yellow auras.

• xBlitzAce1989x

You just described my matches perfectly! Sometimes I'll get a good team and we always add each other because we know that we will cover each other when needed. I just had a match in Midwich against a Legion. Again, I was the only one doing gens. One person spawned next to the Ruin totem and they didn't even touch one gen after that. The Legion surprisingly let me have hatch. I wonder if he saw that I was the only one making an effort. I was able to finish 1 1/2 gens all on my own while other people were just hiding in lockers.

• Shaped

Have you guys tried playing during different hours throughout the day? If you can I mean.

For me the only bad time to play surv is around 8pm-2am eu.

Otherwise it is better than pre sbmm.

• TheRealOne
    TheRealOne Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2022

I always dodge the lobby when I see survivors wearing default cosmetics. I assume they are newbies and will do nothing the entire game.

• Shaped
    edited April 2022

I wear default cosmetics on some of the licensed characters. Also no prestige because I don't like wasting bp on it.

But I understand where you are coming from, I am probably not the norm and am an outlier.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    edited April 2022

I used to be a major team player in the random matches but I'm feeling like maybe I need to pull back and focus on my own escape. I don't want to be selfish but I don't like having to do extra work when there are four Survivors. Any thoughts?

Play the game the way you want, and do not make other people entitlement dictate you how to have fun.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I wear default cosmetics because you think I am going to spend money on survivors? Hell to the no. The only reason I finally got my Yun Jin was because they let me get her for like half the shards. Luckily her default outfit is pimp. That is why I chose her over Jane. Jane has a very nice model (at least from behind), but her outfit is blah. So I had to make an important decision. Baby got back, or baby got no one's back? I think I did a pretty good job and chose correctly, but I regret my decision every day.

• Shaped

I have a lot of skins, mostly from shards, some of them paid.

But not for licensed characters. That is why I play them with their default outfits.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

That's why I stopped playing DBD. 99% of my survivor games were soloQ and about 80% of them were 4k.

I think many soloQ survivors don't even try to win anymore, because it's pointless, they just fool around, which is sad. The balance for soloQ is terrible, it's basically unplayable, unless you just want to fool around.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

Sometimes I do that. Worst case recently was a default cosmetic David. I loaded into the match and realized he had no mither. He went down in the first 10 seconds of the match so I dc'd. He wasn't even going for adept.

Most of the time if people have default cosmetics it means they're either new, don't play survivor much, or they're memeing and want to look like they're new to fake people out. If you play enough survivor, you've probably got a fair amount of shards to spend.. so unless you're using them all to buy characters or on the shrine of secrets, then you're likely new. I usually don't care enough to dodge lobbies just cuz of that, but if I get bad matches back to back, then yeah I'm dodging if you look like you're new

• xBlitzAce1989x

The most annoying thing that I've encountered lately is going to cover my teammates and then after taking the hook, I see their auras scattered and I end up dying on 1st hook because nobody bothers to come near me. When it's back-to-back matches with the same issues, that's enough to make you quit playing. Yet I find it hilarious that when I play Killer, almost all of the teams find a way to cooperate (not always the case).

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
  • xBlitzAce1989x

Yeah. My main question was regarding how matches are set up. Why would I keep getting matched with players like this repeatedly?

• Tsulan

Call it elo hell or bad luck. But the mmr favors faster matchmaking over fair matchmaking. Unless that changes... there is little we can do.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

The harder to play survivors less players will be skilled enough for the role.....

• Tsulan

Well thankfully there seems to be an overabundance of survivors. At least compared to killers.