Sick of this trash game - You can't play anything other that top teir killers or you get dunked.

Lyonic
Lyonic Member Posts: 224

I try to explore the different killers through dailies etc - but some killers are just so trash its not even funny. Did you want to play one of the below killers with crosses? TOO BAD.

Unless you are using disgusting addons with the above, with 4 meta perks - its just not possible to have any kind of fun. What are BHVR doing? Ohtofu recently made a video about the REAL problem with this game its on the nose.

Every survivor has DH. DS, BT then add in a cheeky boon or unbreakble - something disgusting to garnish the scum.

I find myself just ragequitting more and more often now. If suvivors dont want a fun game, why bother?

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I mean... it's called a meta for a reason. If you want to win why would you actively harm your chances of winning? It's the same reason every survivor uses Dead Hard, every killer tries to win too.

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232

Last night I played against a team where one of the players had perks that made it impossible to transport them to the hook. I couldn't even move 10m before they wiggled out and I picked them up like 4 or 5 times in the match. Trash game. A few months ago, I had BOTH AGITATION AND IRON GRASP on and I was barely able to move a Feng I was playing against on Dead Dawg a few meters until they struggled out multiple times.

It's just a crap game that's dying with all the streamers I know who either mainly or solely played this on their channel who are moving to different games because they're fed up. The MMR and entire game has become #########. It was not anywhere this bad when I started playing. Had it been like this then, I would've abandoned it or better yet never bought it because it was streams of friends playing DBD that made me buy it and all my friends are fed up with the style that these johnny-come-latelies have been playing and the perks that have made playing killer be pointless. Especially the boon perks that allow survivors to infinitely bless the same f'ing totem over & over again. Go play a killer match on the Temple of Purgation map and see how fun that is when they keep blessing a totem down in the temple's bottom floor.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,200
  • AykDanroyd
    edited April 2022

You do realize that you're implying that all the killers that have little chance to get a 4k against better players are pretty much pointless in the big picture, right? Which means DBD is mostly a waste of money because it mostly contains killers who may be fun at the beginning when others don't know how to play against them, but afterwards just collect dust & are useless against better survivors & SWF teams. And the ironic thing is that rather than fixing the long standing issues of the game, BHVR just focuses on adding more mostly useless killers who will in the long run be worthless against SWF teams. The purpose of adding all those weak killers is defeated.

Post edited by AykDanroyd on
  • Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Nah, its no coincidence that players who main their character for years have fine matches despite being called weak.

• AykDanroyd

At this point I think the best thing they can do besides trashing the MMR system and returning to the way it was when ranks were numerical & your rank didn't reset back to Rank 20 (or Ash IV as it is now) where you could also derank, is letting killers break finished gens to extend matches and allow survivors to attack killers. One of the dumbest things of this game are loops where you have to waste a good minute or 2 chasing a survivor around to injure & hook them while a good 2-3 gens are getting done by the rest of the team. Just imagine a horror movie where that happened and how how pathetic it would seem. Or add a perk that lets killers break undropped pallets. When you only have 5 gens until escape and loops that waste a good amount of time, it becomes pointless unless you play as Nurse & can blink or have some projectile or range attack like Pyramidhead's or Huntress's.

• AykDanroyd

I have yet to see that against a SWF team. It probably does happen, but it's the exception to the rule and not the rule itself.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465

Depending on the map and approach Trapper can sometimes be brutal.

Add on's help and you might be required to camp sometimes.

Against a rampant swf maybe not so much fun. I don't think I'm a bad player just because I sometimes get rolled with a weaker killer.

I like variety over being able to stomp as much as possible I guess.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

You gotta play to their strengths.

Yeah a number of killers could use some more QOL buffs but they are only really weak when you try and play them in the "expected" way. Committing to chases, trying to pressure multiple gens, mind game at loops etc.

Some killers excel at a 3gen defensive strat, Trapper, Hag, bubba. You lock down the basement as trapper whomever is down there is never getting out.

I play a lot of Myers he's my fav killer, Halloween is the quintessential slow burn slasher flick. Stack the deck run jumpscare and bring an indoor offering (I miss hawkins great jumpscare map). Tombstone piece and get a quick kill or infinite/judith's stack slowdown and go for the slaughter fest.

I think the only truly terrible killers are the ones that have no real insta down or rely on hit and run playstiles which have been gutted by COH, e.g. legion, pig, etc.

If you want to play the expected way anti loop and mobility is what you need. Then yeah more than half the roster kinda suck.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I’d be switching Deathslinger and Trickster

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

If you focus on just having fun then you win no matter the outcome!

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    edited April 2022

Hi again.

Actually no, I'm not. I will elaborate, however I don't think we will ever agree because we see this game's "point" very diferently.

From your statements I can surmise that you not only consider that the only fun in playing DBD is always winning, but that you actually think only 4k stompings are a win and that any killer that cannot 4k consistenly is a waste of time.

This is why I suggested that for you, and you in particular, the answer to your chagrin would be to master either of the only two killers that can do this consistenly.

Personally I consider 3ks a nice win, though I have, for some time now, stopped getting 4ks and 3ks even when I can. I almost always let at least 2 survivors go and I enjoy my trials very much. For instance I have been playing Harpoonslinger recently and, though he is slow and lacks map pressure (probably because I still have it at lvl 17) I just have a lot of fun playing turkey shot with the survivors. So much that I actually forget about everything else and just keep shooting at people until suddenly all gens are done (when did that happen?) or everyone stops moving (whoops)

So no, I did not imply those killers are pointless. Only for you.

Thus, try nurse or blight, those will give you what you want to have fun IF you have the skills. If you find you cannot master them, well, I sincerely, non-confrontationally, unironically suggest you do find a different game that allows you to enjoy it.

Best of luck to you and may you nurse blink always strikes true. And first!!!

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

As much as im against OP points I have seen the best clowns, pigs and demos on stream get easily dunked on by semi decent teams just playing casually some of this killer player having records for # of shred attacks or wasted downs.

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

I'm a Doctor-main and he's not bad at all. it's true, sometimes I can't get a kill but most of my matches are 3k-4k. There was a glitch recently that prevented Static Shock from having any effect but I haven't noticed it happening as of this week.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

I think you just dont want to look in the mirror and say......."maybe im just not that good"......i have come to the realization as a survivor ill never be great at the game.....i think some people are just to quick to say its the game....when in reality its the person at the controls that is the real problem

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Why are you refusing to play nurse?

It boggles my mind the kind of rigid stubborn garbage people come up with about this game. Give her a try you might enjoy it.

it’s really weird.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Bruh... I just watched that vid from tofu and it was the most Cringe thing i have seen and fits with the suspicious caliber of the survivors he gets. I just watched him get 4 man 5 gens with wraith using weird perks...

The vid boils down to

Surv meta perk op, nerf meta perk. Killer slow down op, Nerf killer slowdown but gen speed fine because gens boring.... leave gen speed. nerf killer over all and put hooks in a pool to force 12 hooks, but leave gen speed alone... because gens boring.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I'm able to have fun while playing Ghosty even when using corrupt as my only slowdown. Do I win flawlessly every game? No. That's fine though as I'm having fun. Y'know, fun? That thing we play games for? If you're not having fun with the game anymore, just take a long break. It genuinely helps.

• MetaBuildSurvivor
    MetaBuildSurvivor Member Posts: 61

Honestly I have no problem winning with quite a lot of the crossed out killers. Sure some killers like trapper isn't exactly fun when there is no foliage to cover traps, or Legion on very big maps.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Maybe play the other characters more. All of them are viable in pubs.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

"I CAN'T 4K WITH EVERY KILLER EVERY GAME I PLAY SO OBVIOUSLY THAT MEANS THIS WHOLE GAME IS LAME AND BROKEN AND NOT THAT I'M JUST UNSKILLED. IM THE VICTIM HERE WAAHHHHH"

is basically what you said. heres are my 2 suggestions:

1. get gud
    2. get over it

problem solved

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I did last night and I sucked all 4 survivors got out I got 1 hook before all gen were done she to hard for me I do better with the weaker killers

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

Reject the Blight/Nurse meta

embrace Clown supremacy

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

ok

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

So you have half the killer roster that can handle playing better teams and I'd even argue that pinhead, onryo and twins deserve a spot, so you're mad that half the killer roster is viable in your own eyes? Some killer need to be beginner killers just to get people into the game not every killer has to be blight or nurse level

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I’ve been dominating as Sadako lately. 🤷‍♂️

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Your crossing of killers is so confusing lmao like trickster is uncrossed but Pinhead isn't?

You can play however you want without "getting dunked on". If you want to win every match, bring stuff to win every match. If you don't care about wins, then don't play sweaty lol it really is that simple fr. You are in control of your own fun, and I don't understand the complaints. Fun is subjective and most survivor meta perks directly counter (again, subjective) notorious unfun killer strategies and killer perks counter (AGAIN, subjective) unfun survivor strategies.

Do you really just want easier matches? Do you just want to use meme perks but still 4k at 5 gens? Are survivors just supposed to stand still or play immersed all game? What do you actually want in the game? Play how you want, and realize that getting better is usually a part of any pvp game, especially one that is almost 6 years old.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Cenobite crossed out but not trickster

dbd forums moment

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

How on earth does a team get dunked on by clown while being on haddonfield or while using 4 deadhards, those people had to be throwing so hard, with how easy it is to dunk on clown im surprised people manage to lose against him like that.

Honestly Id take tutorial dwight over them in my solo q, 4 deadhards, COH and 2 bnp and still manage to lose must mean those people had no idea how to play at all.