When did you first start playing the game?

I knew about the game since 2016 when I used to subscribe to GameInformer and saw a review there for it, but I started playing when Stranger Things got added to the game but didn't start playing religiously until the year 4 Silent Hill update.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

3 years ago

• Key
    Key Member Posts: 37

I’ve been playing since it released on console in 2018

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Just about when Oni was released, so Octover 2019 I think?

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

I don1t remember precisely, I just remember that I started playing when Freddy released, 2017

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

July or august 2018.

But I had a lot of breaks. Some quite long.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Started playing since the 4th year anniversary

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 69

I started the day Michael Myers came to the game

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

December 2016! How the time flies.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

January 2019, but I own the game since december 2018.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I bought the game around the time hag came out, didn't know how to do skill checks so I uninstalled.

Actually started playing around pyramid head.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The fifth anniversary. Resident Evil was enough for me to finally bite the bullet (ayy) and give the game a try. It is crazy to think that I have been facecamping respectful and skilled survivors for almost a year now...

• pA4n_1337
    pA4n_1337 Member Posts: 21

April 2019 on a free weekend on steam :)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

September 2017.

• Martine1979
    Martine1979 Member Posts: 58

I am very new and joined i think under either Jan or Feb this year.

Got to level 20 in game yesterday when i played some games. :)

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152

I played the game a while back as solo q survivor when the hag came out. I played it for like 2 months reached red ranks then the game became stale and i got inactive and only somewhat informed myself about the following chapters until the clown came out.

In the beginning i thought the game had great potential, even though graphical improveable the killer skins were cool and the general atmosphere as well, i hoped the gameplay would become more diverse with the appearing chapters then running around pallets, but the horror aspect of the game dropped real quick and was mostly rewarding a cocky playstyle, this lack of variety made it stale.

I came back now a month ago, not sure why, i just felt like i wanted to play a match of DBD. It was interesting to face all the new killers and this time around i started playing killer but beside becoming more efficient with my gameplay and very rare appearing fun moments the game seems again like it has not much more to offer for a longer stay sadly. If i wouldnt know the anniversary would come up, i probably would have stopped again by now even though i dont have much hope for it to shake things up.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

playing since about September 2017,

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

November 2017, just after they nerfed Freddy for the first time.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

in December 2020

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I started playing in August of 2018 when it was free on PS plus. I wouldn't have taken an interest normally, but some friends at the time wanted to play it so I joined them. Enjoyed it at first but dropped it just before the Legion's release because my friends stopped playing it and I didn't know how to mindgame as Killer. Surprisingly, Holding forwards without doing any mindgames led to a lot of losses which annoyed me enough to quit, lol. I came back a month or two after the third anniversary which is when I REALLY got into the game (I have good ol' Otz to thank for that). Still one of my favourites, even if it pisses me off sometimes.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I started shortly before Deathslinger got added. I'm not really sure when that was.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I watched psn store pretty hardcore and when the Freddy Chapter dropped, I was very interested and looked up DbD. Prior to that day, I didn’t care about DbD and thought it had 1 Killer and these were just a skin to put on your Killer. I was pleasantly surprised Freddy had a power and it played homage to the source material. I played DbD till the New Freddy drop. Now I just play sporadically when nothing else is going on~

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137

If you remember this.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

My first achievement was on 23 July 2016, so probably on that day.

My friend convinced me to purchase the game and I'm so happy they did.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

All i remember is 2017. With long breaks in between. Breaks are very healthy!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Sept 2017. This was shortly after it got added to console.

Remember my first proper chapter being Bubba.. got the camping back then was horrible 😂

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Watched since release. Bought 2016. First time played Jan 2017.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

October 2018 started playing when DBD was free on PSN but funny I own it on steam before that but my PC sucked back then still only play on ps4.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

first half of 2017

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Jan 2017

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

3.5 years ago

• MyNameIsMud96
    MyNameIsMud96 Member Posts: 12

I started playing on console in June 2019. However, I was playing on Xbox Game Pass and I never got it renewed so I didn't get to play again until about May 2021.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,569

Shortly after Spirit's release. September 20th, 2018, specifically, if steam's achievement records are anything to go by.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 377

Right after the Blight release.

• Voriis
    Voriis Member Posts: 131

A couple days before Nurse was released.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I know the game since it released, cuz I've watched a ton of youtubers playing it, but i only bought it years later, It was after Oni release, i think it was literally the day Doctor rework dropped. Also Ruin rework appeared around those days too. Kinda miss it

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

April 2019 was my first achievement. But i played it a bit on my Brothers PC before i had one.

DBD was actually my first PC Game ever. Before i only had a Nintendo and my Phone.

• Gibus
    Gibus Member Posts: 7

December 2018 on Xbox, brings back memories.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,853

Jan 2019

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I started watching the game when freddy was released, but I got the game when spirit released and then mained freddy until his rework. Been a killer main for 4 and some years.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

For me it was somewhere between the release of Clown and Spirit.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Sometime in 2016 I think.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2022

For me it's basically like this.

• Learned about the game's existence from it's Payday 2 crossover.
    • Tried to get into the beta but failed.
    • Pre-purchased the game as soon as possible.
    • Played during the launch period but didn't stick around long after as it took ages to find more than one game because everyone were looking for their friends since SWF didn't exist.
    • Came back right around before the release of Huntress and have played continuously ever since and have no plans of stopping anytime soon.
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

June or July 2018

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156

January 2022. I was playing a lot of "Flee the Facility" on Roblox and thought a stand alone game like that would be fun. Then I heard that Dead by Daylight was the model for Flee the Facility and the rest is history!

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I downloaded and tried the game when the stranger things DLC was being teased so around September 2019.

• cybermonkey
    cybermonkey Member Posts: 7

Briefly in 2016, but didn't really get into it until 2018. That's when it bit me lol.