COH

Options
Nathan13
Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639

How is the new COH?? I won’t be playing until tomorrow.

Comments

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 56
    Options

In SWF still good but in SoloQ waste of perk slot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Yeah I saw the healing speed change isn’t that noticeable.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

The nerf is 3 seconds for self-healing.

Played with it on the ptb a few weeks ago and it still felt completely busted. Haven’t touched it since then and I’m currently taking a break.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

I doubt there is any amount of nerf that can put it at the sweet spot between OP and useless.

The problem is with the boons being an effectively fifth perk with very little downside. They need to be breakable, or to have some kind of charge ... Something to limit them. Else they will always be OP.

I've been back for only a few matches and I've already been twice against multiple shadow-steps SWF builds. (Or how to have no tracks on a good part of the map.) Wonderful.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

Bingo.

Boons strangle themselves by being unlimited to the point where in order to balance them the perks can’t be good without being busted.

COH has an additional issue over the other 3 as well in that its effects primarily take place away from the killer, something the other perks aren’t as good at.

But yeah I don’t think you can make boons balanced without making them more limited than they are now and then rebalancing all 4 of them.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I still think their reluctance to change it is because of how they coded boons. They can't make it work differently to the rest because they are all sharing the same pool of code and equipping the perk just flips an effect on or off.

Its the only logical reason i can think of that explains why they only change the healing values.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options

Why don't they make the healing speed like selfcare? Even then it would still be an infinite medkit for the whole team that only takes one perkslot of a single person.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    Options

I understand the people who complain, while in SoloQ the perk is practically dead (and it's not just about 2s more self-heal, but the cost benefit for the person who brought the perk to spend blessing and still healing himself in firist use) , but in SWF with group healing and using medkits within the totem radius, apart from the engagement of always blessing the totem every time (0 cooldown), is what still makes the perk strong.

So, the perk stopped being solid and became situational. And the purpose was exactly to make the survivor waste time on secondary objectives (bless totem).

I don't care that much anymore, and I think most players in SoloQ don't care either for the simple fact that we're back to using the same old perks and focusing again on generator, while SWF can still have fun with others secondary options like exponential.