Nurse needs nerf

Options

Comments

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,757
    Options

To be fair, Nurse ignores TRADITONAL means of defence

the solution is to be unorthodox and break LoS as much as possible (and also run Iron Will), which most people don't know how to do

• Hitari
    Hitari Member Posts: 51
    Options

i don't think you need base speed if you can already blink through windows, pallets or half of the map with one blink. nurse is also the only killer that gives zero shits about DS since pallets and windows are useless as fk. she's number 1 for a reason. she needs a huge nerf

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

One blink might get you across one tile... not anywhere near half the map. Exaggerating doesn’t help your case.

I do agree that DS should disable killer powers for five seconds following the stun, but that’s not a Nurse-exclusive problem either.

• Hitari
    Options

with addons it does. but either way, you can't outrun a nurse even if she isn't hitting half or even 2/3rds of her blinks. she has close to no penatly for messing up, whereas any other killers would either need to reload, wait for cooldown, get stunned by hitting obstacles, hope no pallets or windows are nearby, regain distance, etc... only to get hit by a good DH to a window or pallet. nurse has none of these problems to deal with, besides having a somewhat short cooldown

she's uncontested number one for a reason

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Funny how nobody complaining about the Nurse never plays her to show how "easy" it is to win against good players.

Half the players I've faced tonight must have been gods ... right?

Well ... they were not. They were just not trying to handle me like an M1 killer. In some maps I made a mistake or two, which is always punished hard. In some maps they were simply too unpredictable and had a lot of blinds at their disposition to cut my tracking. Mostly, they were smart.

The other half though ... well ... let's say it didn't go well for them but they did every possible mistake including playing gen-jockeys while injured, dropping down or dropping a pallet in a chase while I had two charges ready, being predictable and using the same two mindless "mindgame" to try to juke me, ...

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Do you even understand why Nurse's Range add ons are broken?

Especially when stacked?

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Honestly the only thing they need to forbid is the stack of double range addons. Its still really broken.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options
    1. Blink close to survivor
    2. Blink closer to survivor again and hit them

Decisions, decisions, so many decisions

And as I said, with Plaid Flannel the only hard part about Nurse is basically removed. Which is knowing which objects are going to cuck your blink. Other than that she is easy street. Needs to be nerfed into the ground imo, again. That way all the people who need to rely on her for wins can get kicked down a peg and actually have to learn DBD

• OpenX
    Options

I used to play a ton of nurse, and only played against nurse/billy way back in the olden days of rank 1 because those were the only killers who could compete with the legitimate infinites.

Your words are a waste on me. You won't change my opinion of her at all. Super braindead killer, and it was a joyous day when she got gutted. Casual play / Solo Q matters way more to me than "comp dbd" (it's a party game btw, DBD is about as "comp" as mario kart) because that's the experience 95% of the people playing this game have

Arrogant is much better description. And yes, you can 100% slap on wallhacks perks. Don't act like those don't exist. A brand new wallhacks perk just got added with Sadako

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

A weak situational perk isn’t going to make the difference. Pure delusion. If dbd is a just for fun party game, survivors shouldn’t mind dying.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I wasn't going to respond to your quoting me earlier because it lacked comprehension of anything I wrote, but... If your opinion is so rigid, you know, despite it being based on some previous experience that apparently suggests plaid flannel is a relevant thing, that it can't be reasoned with in any capacity then maybe you should do one post per thread and then go scamper off. Rather than telling other people they're wasting their breath.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

She does NOT need a nerf - what she needs is a rework.

Right now, she teeters on a hyper fine edge.

For 80% of players, Nurse is incredibly punishing and super hard to get used to. Her power is thorny and unwieldy in the hands of newer players and a new survivor player vs a new nurse will win just about every time.

The disproportionate performance between the 'average' nurse player and the 'good' nurse player is staggering.

When an average player gets behind her, she can be easily punished by survivors and her power can seem unreliable at times.

But a good player can wipe the floor with survivors without breaking a sweat.

Her kit completely circumvents many parts of normal gameplay, which not only makes her incredibly strong in her 1v1, but also chokes many of the potential perks at her disposal.

There has never been an actual nurse player that ever thought 'Oh no! A pallet/window! My greatest weakness!'

There has never been a nurse that has brought Spirit Fury or Bamboozle.

There's no need.

She feels rotten to play as until you finally 'git gud', then it's hard NOT to cut players down.

Is there counterplay? Yes. But a lot of it involves stealth and breaking line of sight with complete gambles during mind-games.

She's far, far, far from balanced. The only balancing element to her is how unforgiving and punitive her power can be when execution is imperfect.

She's fine as-is where her numbers are concerned, but if we want her to be more enjoyable to learn and less of a face-stomp to play against, she needs a rework.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Except that when played optimally she does. Nurse is problematic by design. She's the only killer with this issue of ignoring game mechanics that every other killer has to respect. It's why she's the best.

But by all means continue to downplay it and say she is perfectly balanced. Let that bias show.

• Valik
    Options

She's very fun to play when you're good at her.

She's very unfun to play when you're not good at her.

She's very fun to play against when the killer isn't all that good.

She's very unfun to play against when the killer is skilled.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Nurse possess the highest skill ceiling. You say "She's just muscle memory" yeah you know how long it takes to develop that muscle memory?

Clearly you don't play Sally or enough of her, because her skill isn't just muscle memory, it's reading and anticipating what survivors are going to do and adjusting your strat to get the survivor. But because survivor's don't have a way to consistently have the advantage over her she's busted.

Where as Blight, you just pinball into a wall and take advantage of your speed and hope you positioned yourself properly to get to the survivor.

• Hitari
    Options

the fact remains that a decent nurse has an easy time hitting a very good survivor whereas other killers don't have it as easy.

there is literally nothing viable you can do against a nurse. atleast vaulting and throwing pallets wins you some time against blight or spirit.

match a 200 hour nurse against a 1k solo que squad and the squad will probably loose. nurse does not have the highest skill ceiling. her power is not that complex. it DOES comes down to muscle memory, blink close, blink closer, hit. anticipating movement is something most killers have to do to score a hit as making split second desicions is. there is obviously going to be p1ssed off nurse mains who will loose the ability of playing killer if she ever gets nerfed and i'm fine with that. the month nurse was disabled was probably the most fun month to play survivor

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Time played does not equal good. Equal games results in equal matches.

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46
    Options

no you need to get better nurse has already got her mind numbing power gauge nerf what more do you people want?

• OpenX
    Options

Not even close. Nurse is limited by what the character can do. She has two blinks, and that's it. How is that the highest skill ceiling?

Many other killers can perform more actions in the same timeframe as those two blinks, requiring just as much precision and prediction

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

It's just one of those things that are never going to happen. Honestly, either stop playing survivor or switch to killer.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

Nurse and Blight both need a slight nerf but almost all other killers need a buff...

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44
    Options

Move this to feedback and bhvr might actually listen and give nurse a deserved nerf

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

It would be nice if they also buffed all other killers.

• Valik
    Options

I really don't see how.

It's binary.

You lose line of sight, you run contrary to normal pathing.

She blinks - you do your little spin or DH.

She either hits you or she doesn't.

Rinse and repeat for 7 minutes (Probably shorter, because if she's a good nurse, she's not going to miss much)

I don't see how a killer pointing at you and damaging you regardless of sightlines, pallets, mindgames, spins, or perks is considered 'fun'.

• SuzuKR
    Options

Because the sole and exclusive way for her to land a hit is by beating you at a mindgame. It’s the most skillful kind of chase you can possibly have. Nothing is decided by map RNG. It’s entirely decided by which player is more skilled at mindgaming.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

That's why you fake which way you're going to run, because once she's committed to a blink, she can't stop.

Also, the small walls are great for jukes because if she doesn't charge up her blink enough, she won't pass it. And if she charges up too much, she'll overshoot. Plus she also has to work around your own hitbox, and try to land somewhere to hit you after that. You can easily switch sides in the mean time.

In short, there's plenty you can do. You just don't have the skills to do it. Get good, and stop crying for nerfs as a bandaid to your lack of skill.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Only inexperienced Nurse's do those things. You can't do anything against a good Nurse that knows what she is doing.

• Valik
    Options

You look at a survivor and hold down your power the correct amount of time.

You land near them and repeat this.

You hit them.

That is not a mind game.

Survivor goes behind a wall.

You guess where they are.

You repeat this if you did not guess correctly.

If you guess right, you hit them.

That is not a mind game.

Charge in the open.

Survivor doubles back.

Look at the ground to lower distance and hit them.

That is not a mind game.

T-bag on other side of wall.

Nurse accidentally does not hold down button enough to clear the wall and teleports right in front of it.

You escape as she fatigues.

That is not a mind game.

Nurse charges at pallet.

Throw pallet to stun.

She looks at ground and releases her power and swings mid-tp to avoid stun and hit you.

That is skillful, but not a mind-game.

You see survivor.

Teleport to them.

They do a little spin.

You miss.

That is not a mind game.

You precise blink.

They dead hard.

You blink again.

You hit them.

That is not a mind game.

Misjudge distance and teleport too far.

That is not a mind game.

Undetectable from tinkerer

Teleport upstairs and grab someone off of a generator.

Good eye, but still not a mind game.

Undetectable from Tinkerer.

Teleport Upstairs on wrong side of generator.

Survivor gets up and you hit them with follow up blink.

Nice try, not a mind game.

Run around a wall the nurse cannot see past.

Nurse teleports to the other side of wall, swings and hits you.

That is not a mind game

Nurse teleports to the other side of wall, swings and misses you.

That is not a mind game.

Nurse misjudges their power and does not clear the wall.

Nurse attempts to teleport again, but misjudges their power and slingshots too far.

That is not a mind game. You did not mind game the killer. The killer doesn't know how to use their power well.

Nurse charges her teleport, you use balanced landing

She blinks in front of you and hits you.

That is not a mind game. The killer did not mind game you. The killer knows how to use their power well.

I don't know what there is to understand. There are few opportunities to 'mind-game' a good nurse.

Either you blind them to your movements and force them to make a complete guess, or you're in the open and you spin and pray.

There is no 'I outsmarted the nurse' only either 'that nurse isn't very good' or 'I forced the nurse to make a blind guess' which is not at all a mind-game.

If a nurse knows where you are, you cannot mind game them.

If a nurse does not know where you are - her power is, unlike any other killer, completely binary.

See the nurse about to cut you off?

What do you do?

Double back?

50/50 they commit to it or predict.

Snore.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

You can't do anything against a good player - killer or survivor - that know's what they're doing. That's not an argument.

It's actually a position of hypocrisy because I've yet to see any survivor main ask for survivor nerfs because of god pallets or a million-and-one 2nd chance perks and options they have, it's all to do with skill. But now you've got a killer who's played enough and levelled up their skill, and rather than respect that and up your game accordingly, you'd rather just call for nerfs so you can feel better??

• SuzuKR
    Options

Why do people keep using this absolutely moronic argument? There are equally good survivors that know how to match the other player evenly. Yeah, maybe if they’re better than you, but that’s a skill issue. She performs at 2K average in actually even matches at high levels of play, both in and out of tournament settings.

• Valik
    Options

If what you constitute as a mind game IS a mind game - then back-revving with Hillbilly and Tentacle whips in the open are pinnacle of mind games.

Nemesis pulls out tentacle.

Do you dive left or right?

Nemesis is going to slap you if you go straight, but he will also understand that you know this and avoid.

Left or right?

50/50

Is this a mind game to you?

If Huntress got a rework - Hatchets go through all terrain, but she is slowed to 25% for 5 seconds after each throw during a reset. Infinite Hatchets.

You go behind a wall.

You can either continue going straight or stand still.

Huntress will have to make an educated guess on if you double back or not.

A mind game is not an educated guess. It is forcing a killer or survivor into making a play against their best interest.

Showing/hiding red stain to make a survivor think you're somewhere that you're not - that's not a guess, that's tricking them.

Showing a killer scratch marks and then walking the other way to trick them into vaulting a window, that's not a guess, that's tricking them.

Looking down at a pallet to make it seem that you will break it to force a survivor into the open, that's not a guess, that's tricking them.

Running for a fast vault to illustrate to the killer they can get a hit, only to pull away - that is not a guess, that is tricking them.

Pulling out your hatchet before approaching a pallet to make survivors think that you are going to hold it isn't a guess on if they will throw the pallet or not - it's tricking them into conserving it.

Mindgames are not GUESSING games, they are tricking your opponent into doing something against their best interest.

Running left or right for a nemesis whip isn't a mind game. It's a last-ditch gamble.

Throwing a pallet in hopes that the Huntress was about to sheathe isn't a mind-game, it's a gamble.

Jumping out of a locker because you're making an educated guess that the Bubba is lowering his rev isn't a mind-game, it's a gamble.

In back-rev situations with Demogorgon shreds, Victor jumps, Pig dashes, Executioner Judgement Of The Damned - you aren't "Mind Gaming" them, you're trying to juke a gamble. You're playing rock paper scissors - blind chance.

Blind chance ro-sham-bo games aren't mind games.

Moonwalking, stain flashes, power tricks, window fakes, DS repair baits, LT pauses, Corner peeks, DH holes, Feign Ignorance, Camera flicks, False approaches - these are MIND GAMES that are intended to trick your opponent into throwing themselves out of position or losing you in chase.

Spinning in little circles hoping that the killer loses you is not a mind game.

Going left and hoping the killer goes right is not a mind game.

If you think that a nurse missing a completely blind blink is 'outplaying' the nurse, then you really need to take a hard look at what you consider an outplay. Because, in that case, a blind hatchet narrowly missing you can be considered an 'outplay' - an Executioner's alt attack coming up 1 inch short of hitting you can be considered an 'outplay', or a clown missing a window with their bottle can be considered an 'outplay'.

Winning rock paper scissors and jousting with blind chance is not skill.

If your greatest way to beat an opponent is to lock them into blind chance, I think that speaks to the balance of the interaction in and of itself.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

All killers require you to break LoS as much as possible. Also, with all killers except Nurse, you can loop, throw pallets and use windows.

The Nurse is broken because she ignores every defense that survivors have and use against every other killer in the game, except for breaking line-of-sight. If the Nurse had other weaknesses survivors could exploit that other killers did not have, then it would be fine, but she doesn't.

Consider this, what if The Trapper could walk through every wall, window and pallet in the game. How would that be fair. It's not fair for other killers and it's not fair for survivors.

Sure Nurse is hard to learn, but once you learn her, your basically god-mode.