Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What kind of killer is missing?

What do you guys think? What KIND of killer do you want to see in DbD?

A flying killer that goes over tiles?

A Spider killer that uses small npc spiders to find and hurt survivors (like the nemesis zombies)?

A disguising killer who can pretend to be a survivor, UNdoing gens?

What about an evil engineer who can break a fixed gen?

I know THESE ideas are stupid ^^" That's why I want to ask you guys!

And forget what BHVR can or would do, I want to know what the community would LIKE, regardless of "possibility"

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

A spider killer that can crawl along walls and pounce like demo isn't such a stupid idea. Just incredibly broken and therefore unlikely.

I always use the old game alien vs Predator 2 and it's alien wall crawling ability for comparison.

It would be cool to be able to climb on the outside of high buildings in outdoor maps and pounce across half the map. It would be quite a "jumpscare" but also overlap quite heavily with demo, which might not be that much of a problem since they lost the licence.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I want either an animal killer or a robotic killer

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333

Xenomorphs or a Praetorian Predalien

• UnKn0wN45
    UnKn0wN45 Member Posts: 60

THIS! This is the scariest ######### I've seen in a while :D

He could be done like the spy in TF2? Possibly tricking even SWF?

OOOOOH a Robotic killer! One that could hide INSIDE a gen and jump scare and hit a survivor trying to do a gen, he'd work INSANE with dragon's grip! :D

• UnKn0wN45

NIIIIICE! Like plague but with fire? :D Or ice to slow the survivor down maybe? :)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Sure. I like the idea of having some flamethrower that does damage overtime to Survivors if they are on fire and they need to waste some time to clean themselfs from fire or they will lose health state, etc. You would have some ammo and you would reload at lockers for gas / oil tanks. Haha

• UnKn0wN45

They could LITERALLY just release a plague reskin and get the same thing? (more or less?) and if not, what would be the difference?

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

A fun one.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Well you would have to remove the flames because you will keep getting damage until you get downed. Also no "clean" stations that gives extra power if you collect them. It would be similar to Plague but not the same.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

I want a swarmhost type killer where they are basically a collection of smaller gremlin types that can coalesce into a bigger form. I dont know exactly how to discribe what i mean but hopefully the idea is sorta understandable

• UnKn0wN45

I get it! Instead of being broken and needing a follow up hit, it would do damage over time unless "cleansed/cleaned" Would it stop during chase? If not it could be op, but how do you explain it NOT burning during chase? 🤔

(Not poking holes in the idea, I love it, so I want to flush it out ^^)

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Well It might not be overtime in chase but if you keep using flamethower (it would have short range but can damage from windows, palets, Its a flamethrower aka gun) you would get down. Similar like plague pukes on you to get faster infected. Difference is there is no infection and you can get downed by it.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

A killer that can take control of survivors briefly, moving them out of position in order to strike.

A werewolf killer that can track the trail of a survivor, bypassing perks that block sound, scratch marks, blood trail blockers, and aura blocks.

A killer that can make obstacles that survivors can't pass through, but the killer can.

• UnKn0wN45

1) Sounds super fun, would it work (kind of like) twins?

2) That sounds kind of like adept Wraith on steroids xD

3) That... That's an amazing idea! That would be awesome, like the frost giant in smite? (if you are familiar with the game and character)

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

As for aesthetics, a medieval killer.

As for gameplay… I like the idea of a killer doing multiple very different things, while drawing from the same resource. I eventually landed on a mage of some kind, but it always turns out to be busted in execution.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

1. You'd probably have to get a hit on someone with one power in order to mark them. Then afterward you can take control from a certain distance away and do stuff like drop pallets, go in lockers, vault windows, etc. (Basically Incapacitated, if not they gain that status effect while controlled). Survivor meanwhile has to complete a series of skill checks in order to break control.

2. Pretty much. Wanted a killer that gave the feeling that you can run, but you can't hide. Would be cool if it had a special attack like Demogorgon, but a shorter range and could be chained 3 times.

3. (Never played it, but I have heard of it.) I can't decide if making the obstacles pop out of the ground like Hag traps would be better or if using it as an ability mid chase would be more advantageous. On one had you could set up an area before hand and prevent trapping survivors to hold the game hostage, but on the other using it mid chase has a lot of potential to shut down strong loops.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

A green ogre with a dodgy scottish accent.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

A killer with some sort of power that effects the environment and/or limits survivor visibility.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

An s tier killer that can be comfortably used with a controller without it being a massive handicap and being several times harder to master

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

Robocop

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

A doll. So give us Chucky already.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited April 2022

Mfw we will never get a Parasyte chapter, no Claudettes openingtheir faces and killing their fellow colicky clicky friends :(

• Martine1979
    Martine1979 Member Posts: 58

Well, some of killers in this game is guest stars in lately MK games like Freddy and Jason.

As a big MK fan it would be cool to see if someone from MK games will arrive as a killer.

Goro maybe, with 4 arms he can even lift two survivors at same time. (Just imagine this in my mind). lol :D

Or maybe just a vampire as a killer. hm, maybe Rayne (Blood Rayne).

• SoloQueue
    SoloQueue Member Posts: 18

An idea I've always loved is a Wendigo from Until Dawn. The Wendigo can pounce on things in the map (like blight), and also climb vertical walls on buildings. I'm not sure how it would work though.

As for a game play feature, I think a killer who could swap locations with Survivors would be cool. If there's a survivor in the basement, the killer would channel a random survivor and swap places to be in the basement. The survivor would be left where the killer started. It's kind of a gamble, but it could be interesting and a jump scare. It would pair well with discordance or something. They would trigger their power to "swap" and would be randomly placed in the location of a survivor. It would also possibly slow Gen progression if said survivor was on a Gen.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

a possession killer that can hide in survivor's shadow

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

I would really like a killer themed around puppets/mannequins, mostly aesthetically/thematically. So many possibilities to what the power could be: he/she/them could assume the form of other dolls/mannequins around the map, or set them as sentries and traps, maybe even have a power that turned survivors themselves as his puppets temporarily somehow, god so many ideas and I can imagine the lore, music and visuals being so iconic...

I also wish they made Sadako able to completely ignore pallets and windows while demanifested, like able to just go through them without having to interact with the animations, but since they didn't do that to her, they could maybe make a ghost killer; I know it sounds "more of the same" since we have Sadako, Wraith and Spirit already but it there are so many different takes on the "supernatural creature" trope. It could even have more to it than just a copypaste of sadako's demanifestation, maybe some poltergeist like effects and definitely a jumpscare mechanic that could work most of the time regardless of map or survivors being aware of its presence.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I'd love to see some kind of killer based on Weeping Angels.

It could be like they could move only when you're not looking at them, but to make it balanced, keeping your gaze on them for too long would injure you.

Looping them would be interesting, cuz you would be able to stop them anytime you'd like, but you can't overdo it, and can't really run with looking behind you, gotta go full for feeling

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I would like to see Medieval Knight of some kind as a killer.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

A mimic. "Hey, I'll just check this chest, ahhhhh!"

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244

A killer that starts really small like The Critters but then the more bites he gets he grows huge and shoots his spikes at you. He can also roll into a ball smashing walls and pallets easy.

However Survivors can kick him around like a soccerball when he's small.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

In terms of archetypes:

• A flyer.
    • A summoner/spawner.
    • A shapeshifter.
    • A burrower (I guess Demo...partially counts).
  • Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

We need a killer who really interacts with the obsession mechanic on a deep level. Right now, the closest we have to that is Judith's Journal, but I think it has the potential to be expanded into an entire concept. The killer would need to have an obsession change mechanic baked into their power to prevent a tunnel-encouraging playstyle, but I think the idea has merit. We've also got Cenobite who's got a similar idea in that he wants to hunt down the holder of the box, but it's not quite the same as a true obsession-based killer.