Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of the Twins?

I’ve played a pretty sizeable amount (50) of survivor matches since tome 11 came out, and I have yet to actually see a single Twins player

Is this the same for anyone else or are am I just getting lucky?

Comments

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited April 2022

I have played a few matches as them and honestly I wouldn’t call the experience unpleasant per say, It’s just really clunky

it’s the same issue I have with Hillbilly, I see the appeal, but I can’t get behind clunky design

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I got 4 of them out of roughly 12 matches today, so 1 in 3 games for me.

• Klavatoo
    Klavatoo Member Posts: 61

I haven't seen a twins player in probably a good 100 games. they don't exist LUL

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

you noticed too late, they were never common for a reason and a tome was not going to change that. they suck to play as and against.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

They are sadly trash and unplayable because of the Mess aka CoH even after the latest nerf thr perk is still Busted

Im a Twins Main and i would Love to play ja beloved Twins more but sadly it impossible except Survivors are Potatoes

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

I have started seeing more Twins again ever since the Tome release. Of course, any number > 0.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

he feels clunky at first, but when you start getting a feel for the saw, its addicting as hell.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790

I've seen them a couple times. Can't say I mind that they're not being played a lot. I'm sure it'll ramp up a little as we progress through the tome, though. The challenges will take more trials to complete

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

People are probably just doing the challenges last

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 552

Hopefully it stays that way

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

I had two last night. Most I've seen of them in months.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,115
    edited April 2022

I haven't seen them playing survivor. I haven't played that much survivor, but enough that I should've seen them at least once by now.

I already finished their challenges. Note to survivors: When a Twins player obviously just wants to do the "pounce on 4 different survivors" challenge, hiding all match and then waiting until the last second to attempt to run out the gate is a bad idea.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

That’s what happens when they unnecessarily nerf a killer and make them less fun to play when they’re already under played. Not to mention the CoH meta just completely destroys them along with all the rest of the hit and run killers.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's because they're horrible to play as and against so literally nobody wants to play them.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

twins is the only killer in the game I think where just no one wants to deal with em awful to play awful to play against

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Twins should be reworked so that victor is an ai like the zombies. She'd be so much better and much less annoying to go against

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

They're only viable at top end play which just means face camping to death.

• ThatGuySerenity
    ThatGuySerenity Member Posts: 15

I'm a twins main.

I've also gone against like 4 or 5 twins players so far.

• ThatGuySerenity
    ThatGuySerenity Member Posts: 15

If Victor was an AI like Nemesis's zombies, there would be even less people playing them. It's so much fun to play AS Victor.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Twins got killed a long time ago. Not counting this latest patch, i heaven't seen Twins for MONTHS. After this patch, people will just do challenges and Twins will die out again.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Twins just isn't fun, having an 8 second cooldown on a successful victor attack before you can even start really moving to go pick up the survivor you downed just isn't enticing gameplay

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Because they're absolute monsters in high mmr, so lets nerf them so nobody finds them enjoyable to play.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Unfortunately not. I got like 4 Twins today because people were playing them for the Archive/Tome challenges.

They've pretty boring to face. You spend all game avoiding Victor, which gives you very little Boldness points. All the while, gens still fly by, but you don't feel involved because barely anybody is being hooked or chased like a standard killer.

Got slugged for a while, and finally got Unbreakable value, which only happens like every 1/20 games. But slugging isn't particularly fun.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736
    edited May 2022

Twins are such mix bag for me.

On the one hand I really like them, power is unique, cool concept and it can be fun to play them but... at the same time they are very clunky, you can hard counter them if you have the right tools, 46466468 cooldowns, good teams will hold Victor anytime you use him, dead hard is a thing, etc.

And yes I would expect more twins players since the Tome came out but nope.

• buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119

I have noticed a lack of Twins since they came out.