Hex status of Huntress Lullaby is not justified.

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Thats quite a claim i know, but in contrast to how all other Hex perks this perk really lacks in effect and allows for more counterplay on top that the stronger Hex perks don't offer.

Devour Hope can only be countered by destroying the Hex and offers instadowns and moris.

Third Seal can only be countered by destroying the Hex perk and is a huge time waster that is brutal for solos and near meaningless against SWF.

NOED can also only be countered by destroying all totems before it activates or finding the Hex once the generators are powered. I don't need to mention how powerful it is.

Ruin can be countered by destroying the Hex totem, using Stake Out or hitting great skillchecks. 

Lullaby offers a meager effect in comparison, only a few percent extra regression along with a 20% warning reduction for each token. However Lullaby skillchecks aren't that hard to hit once you got used to them and know what to expect, its still very possible to work through a gen with 10 skillchecks and not miss any as it doesn't offer a penalty for only hitting good ones. Its possible to simply ignore it and suffer no real consequences for it.

For a buff, i'd ask for its Hex status to be removed, and its effect deactivated while Ruin is active in return. 

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I was getting the same feeling tbh, it's not powerful enough to be completely turned off like that and with all 5 tokens it's not a threat at all because you just need to pay attention.

I think it needs a stronger effect but just turning it into a normal perk and not a totem is probably enough, still weak but still there. I think it's only powerful against new players and if you have Unnerving Presence because it's smaller and no sound. And it not being active during Ruin is cool because then youhave two Gen perks and when the actual powerful one is gone you have this lesser effect in place.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Lullaby is a joke.
    Now that we got haunted grounds, it is even useless as a decoy totem :lol:

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I never understood why Lullaby is a Hex, Devour Hope and NOED sure but Lullaby hardly impacts the game enough to warrant being a Hex perk

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

I never understood why Lullaby is a Hex, Devour Hope and NOED sure but Lullaby hardly impacts the game enough to warrant being a Hex perk

Exactly. Its not even a good timewaster compard to third seal and Ruin.
  • Obsession
    Obsession Member Posts: 10

The biggest problem is that Lullaby shows up before the perk is even active. I'd start with having it spawn after the first hook or at least not give the survivors a heads up before the perk is even active. That should already help with some of the problems. However I'm not a big fan of the totem system in general and I still think that literally all the Hex perks need a huge overhaul. Either you stomp games like crazy with good Hex spawns and immense pressure, or you lose your valuable perks due to unlucky rng.
    Removing the Hex aspect of it entirely like you suggested is not the right way in my opinion. It is still a really powerful perk in the right build with the right killer. If anything this change would punish beginner level players up to the point where they can't do gens at all and high rank survivors would either just ignore it or "gentapp" their way through it.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,121
    edited January 2019

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Thats quite a claim i know, but in contrast to how all other Hex perks this perk really lacks in effect and allows for more counterplay on top that the stronger Hex perks don't offer.

Devour Hope can only be countered by destroying the Hex and offers instadowns and moris.

Third Seal can only be countered by destroying the Hex perk and is a huge time waster that is brutal for solos and near meaningless against SWF.

NOED can also only be countered by destroying all totems before it activates or finding the Hex once the generators are powered. I don't need to mention how powerful it is.

Ruin can be countered by destroying the Hex totem, using Stake Out or hitting great skillchecks. 

Lullaby offers a meager effect in comparison, only a few percent extra regression along with a 20% warning reduction for each token. However Lullaby skillchecks aren't that hard to hit once you got used to them and know what to expect, its still very possible to work through a gen with 10 skillchecks and not miss any as it doesn't offer a penalty for only hitting good ones. Its possible to simply ignore it and suffer no real consequences for it.

For a buff, i'd ask for its Hex status to be removed, and its effect deactivated while Ruin is active in return. 

The Hex status shouldn't be removed, but it should not alert the survivors that the Hex is in play until at least 3 tokens are gotten AND they get a skillcheck on a gen. There should be a bigger increase in the missed skillcheck regression though, the perk deserves that much.

EDIT: Maybe the totem doesn't light up at all until one person is hooked and the notification doesn't appear until 3 people are hooked would be a better buff to this perk because it would at least let it get some stacks before being destroyed.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

I do think that a big part of it not being worth it is the notification being given before a survivor has been unhooked. Even then, I don't have much of a problem with the silent skill checks since I'm a filthy generator warrior. However, I feel like there's not much of a good answer since it's a brutal perk for new players to deal with and a wasted perk slot against veterans. It feels like another one of those stagnant perks that probably wont ever be touched.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I'm in favor of removing all Hex notifications in general.
    Making players actually use their brains and knowledge gained during gameplay to be their main weapons.

It's not hard noticing any of these hex perks being used.
    Even if you remove red skillcheck and notification on Ruin, you will instantly know it is in use, once you hit good skillcheck, as it would regress the gen.

Lullaby... shorter skillcheck sound cues, easy to see the difference.

Third Seal? None of your aura perks work or killer downed someone before, you could see their aura, after that you were chased, escaped, he downed someone else, now you can't see their aura... OBVIOUS THIRD SEAL!

Haunted Grounds, hex totem popped, some killer without insta down downed someone with 1 hit... Duhhhh (Same goes for NOED). But what if the killer has instant down? Let the paranoia begin! It's fun!

etc.
    Lack of information was one of the main selling points for this game back in the day.
    Introduction of SWF and other dumbing down of the depth of the game is losing its original appeal.