Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Killer impossible to play nowadays?

I got back into the game a few weeks ago and I have noticed that I seem to escape on most of my Survivor games, and 80% of my Killer matches are sweat-fests with gens popping left and right and 4 Dead Hards. With Circle of Healing and all, seems like the game just keeps getting easier for the average Survivor. Is Killer just impossible to enjoy nowadays?

Comments

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

Definitely not. But keep in mind that your experience as killer depends on a huge number of factors: your MMR, which killer you're playing as, which addons and perks you're using, your playstyle (are you being aggressive enough?), the skill level and coordination of your opponents, etc.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

No? It’s not by any means.

• twitch_ravKenclaw
    twitch_ravKenclaw Member Posts: 54

This. Every time. Unfortunately. Makes balancing harder, but not impossible.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

It is not fun exp but it is not imposible lol. You can win most of games as killer.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

slap 3/4 slowdowns on and you're golden

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

LOL, this is the part I don't understand. I think every killer knows that tunneling-off-hook-till-dead and face-camping is not fun to do. Yet killers players refuse to let tunneling-off-hook-till-dead and face-camping to be nerfed.

It would make the game more fun for killer players, because, as long as tunneling-off-hook-till-dead and face-camping exist, the game will always be balanced around those 2 tactics. But whatever, I'm losing faith in the developers to fix major problems, they're too busy making paid content instead of fixing problems that driving players away.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,608

My last pause was because I didn't want to keep playing like that. I was hoping the next patch would fix this a bit. It didn't.

It's past 21:00 and I've not fired the game yet. i only came back yesterday and I don't feel like playing already.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

no its easy just face camp and tunnel like all the killers have been doing and you auto go up in mmr.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 168

Nah, if you don´t focus on getting 4K every match.

Solo survivor is much worse, I usually switch to my killers to relax from solo survvior queue where I feel way more stressed and frustrated.

And yes, of course there are survivor teams that will break you, that will bully you, but whenever that happens I'm like, "Well... if I were playing (solo) survivor instead, I'd probably be tunneled out of the game early with 2 or 3K BP max.

Whereas as a killer, i stay in the game until the end even against bully squads and get significantly more BP even without kills instead of as a solo survivor. That mindset makes me more chill as a killer. I get angry much more slowly as a killer but as I said, my focus is BP and not 4K.

To be honest I'm actually quite happy if I don't get 3 or 4K all the time because I don't want to get into high mmr at all. It seems absolutely uncomfortable for killers to be there and I can't understand why so many killers sweat so hard and stress themselves out to get 4K whenever possible because that means the more 4K you do the quicker you get into high mmr and the more often you see pro-swf teams.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    edited April 2022

Unless you are playing the most broken killers with the most OP perks in the nastiest ways available, pretty much. It's crazy that even with Corrupt Intervention and all the slowdown in the world the first three gens will pop before your first hook if you don't use an instadown killer. <- And that assumes you got a relatively quick chase, if you find a capable survivor, have fun breaking pallets all the five minutes the match lasts.

• Tatt3dWon

they are nerfing the survivor community to the ground no good new perks and destroying all old ones while you get no hex ruin and scourge hooks and dead mans switch not to mention every killer getting a rework while literally not one of the good perk changes to survivor didn't get nerfed 2 days later. I personally don't even use perks but dead hard has only worked for 3 months correctly and now everyone wants to cry about it when its not even that good of a perk... Enjoy waiting in killer ques like we did survivor ques when there's no more survivors to play against.

• Tatt3dWon

I just gave you logic and reason so guess your just irrational sounds about right coming from a killer main. Literally everything I just said is true killers always have the upper hand cause all you have to do is kill 1 person to win but they still cry.

• Tatt3dWon

Lol see when faced with a real conversation you just get in fetal position thats why this game will never be fixed enjoy the que times!!! 😂🤣

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137
    edited April 2022

yea :/ no point arguing with a survivor main that didn't try killer before. Guy didn't even knew that there is 2k survivor queueing while there is only 1 digit killer queueing.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 168

maybe in high mmr where the whole team is good. That's something I don't understand about this community. Why can't one admit that solo survivors (the majority of solo players are not super strong players but move more in low or mid mmr) are really the weakest role.

That doesn't mean that Killer can't be absolutely miserable, I play both roles myself. But if you don't just look at the game one-sidedly then you know that swf dominates the game but that solo survivor really can't be compared to it at all. Except maybe in high mmr.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

It is possible if you don´t care to much about the outcome.

But killer has a real stressful feel most of the time.

To mention i mostly play "normal" killers. If i get a good team i get stomped often.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224
    edited April 2022

To further the point: there is no "high MMR" solo survivor. Even if you're above the softcap, you're going to be put with one or two complete gutter tier teammates and be expected to carry the match. Solo survivor is miserable at all levels. Your reward for putting in the time and effort to be among the better players is to be matched with default clothing teammates who don't know how skillchecks worth. BHVR very much respects its vet playerbase.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I find it hard to start up the game sometimes but once I get into a match I get into it.

It can be fun and exciting. Especially if you do not stress about a particular outcome, do your best, and just go with the flow.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Only escaped once via killer pity today. I have not increased any pips. So no, killer doesn't seem to be too hard nowadays.

• semm88
    semm88 Member Posts: 27

I deleted the game yesterday. I am a killer main, I got to high mmr and pretty quickly and then the games became so frustrating that I am just not enjoying it any more. If I weren't against SWF squad every game I might have played more but that is not the case. Survivor squads either popping gens or bullying the killer is just not fun. All in all, DBD deserves all the criticism and number drops since the game still lives in 2016 and its 2022.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Impossible to play? No.

Really frustrating with the amount of safety survivors have access to and how quickly they get their objective finished? Yes.

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60

Kinda.. it's not fun. You will lose often. You will be bullied. If you are a masochist container playing killer or switch to OP survivor and have fun doing literally way less and still win.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

All Killers are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Find a killer you enjoy that isn't just a m1 and you can find "fun". But 70% of the roster requires you to play with your face 2 inches from the screen like your willpower can land that hit.

There will never be equally in this game, their are simply to many variables for it to be so, just jump on A/S tier killers and you might find a sort of balance.

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77

My only advise to you is afk every killer (each killer has individual MMR) to a low MMR so that your games are more manageable. If it's too easy, kill them and your MMR will go up eventually to a sweatier and manageable game. Once you reach that stage, just do 2 kills and let the other 2 go, but if you do kill all 4 rinse and repeat, afk a few games and go back to the same MMR. 0-2 kills = lose mmr 3-4 kills - gain mmr

I know what you're going through coming back to DBD. I played when it first came out after 2-3 weeks. There was only Trapper, Wraith and Hillbilly. I mained killer back then and quitted just after nurse came out. Played a bit when huntress came out too but I quit for years. Came back about half a year ago and first game as huntress, I met a survivor who knew how to loop and dodge my noobass hatchet. I couldn't get any kill and I couldn't find any other survivors, guess I didn't know what I was doing back then. After game end, the survivor BM so hard. What a way to come back to DBD, toxicity right of the bat. I became a survivor main afterwards and its much more chilled. I noticed a lot of killers afk a lot or afk farm or killers only kill 2 and let the other 2 go. That's where I did my research and realized I should just play low MMR. Games has been so much more fun to play in the low-mid tier MMR (although there will be sometimes where MMR do not work and I get sweaty players)

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Not unwinnable, just a bit more difficult. You need to be prepared to sweat more often than not as if you've been playing a long time you're probably getting matched up with people who know how to play optimally against killers

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77

"Killer only needs to get 1 kill" - I literally laughed when I hear that. I am sure there are 4 survivors. Not sure if that guy can maths but let me type it for him in case his maths fail.

0/4 = 0% 1/4 = 25% 2/4 = 50% 3/4 = 75% 4/4 = 100%

0/1 kills = below average, a win? LOL

2 kills = average, not a bad game

3/4 kills = above average, feels good to win cos effort got paid of with kills, very satisfying not that this guy know becos 1 kill = win LOL

Just from what he type I can feel he only enjoys the game by escaping, escaping is a win to him.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just going to say yes and no.

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137

It really shows how much this lead developer Patrick is out of touch with the community and proves that he don't play the game at all.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited May 2022

To make tunnelling and camping less efficient, chasing needs to have a higher pay off game wise.

It has nothing to do with people not wanting it changed, it has to do with how viable it is if you want to secure a win against the alternative of chasing.

Often chasing is a fools errand, the best pressure you can apply as killer is to eliminate 1 player early and take the game to 3v1 as quickly as possible.

Might as well ask survivors to not finish more than one gen a time and allow killers to get more chases… it’s just as silly a proposal as asking killers to go for multiple hooks and leave every survivor alive for the whole game.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Dead Hard is being looked at. Just being looked at, for years.

• xoxbelleee
    xoxbelleee Member Posts: 19

I think playing against dead hard requires killers to play around it more and memorize during chases who does have DH. From watching good killer mains, you could be patient and wait out the dead hard. But most survivors use dead hard to gain distance, I think they're afraid of being exhausted on ground but I heard that was fixed. Unsure but maybe try being more aggressive? If survivors are gonna play aggressive, I would do the same too XD

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 679

That's the big issue ain't it? People should enjoy and play the game how they want, and winning is fun for a lot of people. They just don't have the same mindset unfortunately.

The thing is, we as players shouldn't have to be worried about winning and facing swf death squads as a result. We shouldn't have to derank ourselves and be stressed playing a game

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I know reading the title and jumping to conclusions is tempting. But he literally says in his first line, that he´s escaping most of his survivor matches.

Anyway, back to topic:

I can confirm a high escape rate. Main thing thats preventing escapes are suicides/disconnects. CoH is still strong, since the "hard nerf" just increased the healing by 3 seconds. So i still use it with success.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

This is the kind of thing you have to put up with as a killer. Relentless bullying if you show any weakness at all.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Just went against a Billy who got a 3k. So no, not impossible.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

No, yesterday was one of the best dbd days for me

there were couple matches where we all died but we all had 20k points and as killer I had 4k as legion and ghostie but also got ######### on as Legion on shelter woods lmao and ormond with 1k only but even when I lost I got 25k+ bp and so did the survivors, which to me were fun matches.

sometimes the game is in your favour no matter the side and sometimes it is not.

I am never constatly losing but I am rarely constatly winning as well unless I am playing 4 man swf or double range Nurse (2 most op things in the game) which in the end seems ok to me, even though as killer it does feel like crap sometimes if you only care about winning and solo queue can be nightmare inducing

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Yeah? And survivors get to go against facecamping Bubba for over four and a half years - who is literally impossible to hook rescue against. Is he being looked at too?

• malloymk

No. Killer is not impossible.

• malloymk

I don't believe any survivor that says they're escaping "most of their matches". Period. Point blank.

The data released by the devs throughout the years have always shown a better than 50 percent kill rate. So maybe there are a small percentage that escape most of their matches, but not nearly as many that proclaim that's the case on the forums. This week in 50 or so games, I probably escaped 10 times. This includes the games I played with friends.

"Well maybe you're just bad". Sure fine, I'm terrible. Okay, then why isn't my MMR dropping to the point where I'm getting easier matches? Hmm.

In my killer games yesterday, I had two games where I got beat pretty badly. No kills, four hooks or less (wraith/trapper). Four k'd games as wraith, pig (3 times), Freddy, and twins.

I get it, why should you believe me but not this other dude that says he escapes most of his matches. Again, the data released simply shows that kill rates are too high to believe that this game is so easy for survivors.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I love how you´re making up a conversation in your head. Since i never claimed to escape most of my matches and i certainly didn´t call you bad or anything (especially since i never spoke to you before this post). My escape rate is high. But i can also have some bad days, where i won´t escape a single match (which, as already stated, originates in my teammates giving up).

The kill rate has dropped around 30% in the last 2 years. Devs even explaining that SWF have a 15% higher escape rate than solos. So with the current kill rate around 50% (some killers slightly below, some slightly above). It looks like an improvement for survivors.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

That's just one killer, in particular matches. Dead Hard is almost every survivor, and definitely almost every match.

• malloymk

You brought up the OP saying he said he survives all the time. Show me these 30 percent kill rates lol.

• malloymk

That's not a thirty percent drop or even close really. Most characters are about a ten percent drop at most and all are damn near close to 50 percent kills. Again. Any survivor that says "I get out all of the time" is full of it.

Just as any killer that says "it's impossible to play killer" is full of it.