Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

SBMM changes did NOTHING.

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Still hardly seeing any killers besides nurse and blight, (legion is being seen but that will die down soon enough). This is so incredibly boring, give me a weaker team so I can at least verse a different killer...

Then killers miserable, cant have any fun in these matches. I get no weak link and have people running full meta with strong items making the experience just pointless, god forbid I play someone who isnt blight and able to actually stand a chance.

I just cant force myself to play your game in this current state, no side is fun and neither gives/allows variety. And I'm not going to spend ages deranking every other day.

Comments

• EntitySpawn

I'm just bored and fed up. The game is getting so stale and I cant have fun in it.

I dont mind versing blight/nurse, but not all the damn time... and killer well dont even get me started on that rubbish

• EntitySpawn

That's because they have tightened the matching parameters, mine is pretty much the same as I'm off peak time but neither is enjoyable. (Admittedly I can have the one fun survivor game but it soon gets stale when it's only 2/3killers)

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

They made two changes that somewhat cancel each other out.

So, I'm not surprised this is the outcome.

• EntitySpawn

Yeah I dont get why, they could easily implement a system which puts new players together, they can add the basic tutorial bots as filler too so they get an idea how to play.

I do find it odd that the top players are ignored

• EntitySpawn

That too, I assumed it would be obvious reducing the cap wont help as itll just push players further down. Top will remain the same

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Something is a bit iffy recently for sure, but I think that's a lot of people coming for the bonus archive stuff leading to more backfill, and thus more chaos.

I know I've just gone between a 4500 hour Nurse, a 120 hour Bubba and a 3300 hour Trickster.

• EntitySpawn

Mine hasn't been like that it's just been consistently the same boring stuff, I just cant play for more than a few games atm

• Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202

Legit the first game where instead of paying someone to boost your account, you'd be better off paying someone to just throw games for you.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well the questionaire at least hinted toward alternative game modes. So there´s a little hope here.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896
    edited April 2022

Yeah because "skill based matchmaking" doesnt work well in a game of RNG for pallets and window. Thats why you constantly see nurse and blights cause they ignore how strong certain tiles can be.

• EntitySpawn

Well I dont care for other game modes personally as that's not what my issue is for me.

I'm not a fan of splitting the playerbase either, but I'll take a non ranked mode. It will suck for some people I verse because I'm good but I want to be able to play for fun

• EntitySpawn

Oh definitely RNG is a issue but even before that some maps are far to big and just some tiles are too strong. DH is an issue as well, especially now you're matched against similar skilled players and it's far more common to be used

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Splitting the playerbase sounds bad on one hand. But on the other hand, a huge amount of players quit the game for one reason or another. Having more game modes might just be the thing they wait for, so they actually come back.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited May 2022

Sad thing is they won't admit being wrong and can it.

Just go back to the old system but make getting a pip harder across all ranks and remove the safety pip.

• CryptoMiner
    CryptoMiner Member Posts: 49

It's been a fun ride, but I think DBD reached its peak and that was in 2021. DBD has lost about 45% of its overall playerbase in the last 7 months. The game is dying slowly but surely and people are quitting and just moving on.

source: https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

BHVR knows this and I have a hard time believing they will do anything to improve it (they have proven time and time again that they don't listen to their playerbase the majority of the time, the changes they make end up making things worse, and they constantly seem to take one step forward, two steps backward in most things). I'm not sure how much longer I will be playing DBD as SBMM has ultimately ruined most of the enjoyment I had left in this game.

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

one day i'm having great matches with great teammates, and the next day, i'm just dying on 1st hook against a blight or a nurse or something like that. i understand your problem, and i just wish people would take a break from blight or nurse or even spirit because after a while, it gets soooooo boring

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

to be honest with you, i couldn't agree anymore. i have brought 3 packs for this game and a few cosmetics, but now that the game is dying, i don't want to feel like that was a waste. I enjoyed this game so much (before the resident evil update due to all the bugs) and i think that if they want to make this game great again they need to implement a health update, or even a new gamemode (perhaps something to do whilst you're waiting for a match in game).

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,608
    edited May 2022

They've listened for the request about a second objective for the survivors.

We got the boons. 😒

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

It's always funny when people go through the most ridiculous mental gymnastics to justify why the game is losing so many players.

• CryptoMiner
    CryptoMiner Member Posts: 49

Ridiculous Mental gymnastics? Do you have a simple mind in which an explanation seems exhausting to you? You can always peruse over to youtube that will do the thinking/explaining for you.