Can we manually stop the survivors from crouching at the exit gate?

Options
irejog
irejog Member Posts: 39
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

It would be a simple patch that would disable the crouch action for survivors once they past the gate threshold of the exit gates. This would go a long way towards cleaning up toxic survivor activity and improve the sportsmanship policy of the game.

Also, what issue could it cause in survivor performance? I see no reason to continue to allow it and all it does is allow survivors to troll the killer

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Or maybe just ignore people who spam the crouch button.
    Why people get so mad about it? I find it hilarious even when playing as a killer. T-baggers make my matches funnier.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Then you just get them doing it outside the gate, which for most Killers is still a safe Zone.
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@irejog said:
    It would be a simple patch that would disable the crouch action for survivors once they past the gate threshold of the exit gates. This would go a long way towards cleaning up toxic survivor activity and improve the sportsmanship policy of the game.

Also, what issue could it cause in survivor performance? I see no reason to continue to allow it and all it does is allow survivors to troll the killer

Maybe stop get pissed for a survivor who spam the crouch key?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Run blood warden with noed for a few days

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

Run blood warden with noed for a few days

I love it when they run BW, they can see my t-bag from the other side of the map.
    Btw, i always leave the gate at 99% when someone is being chased just in case.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Chase them out, there you go, you manually stopped them doing it anymore.

Your welcome.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    They will just teabag outside the threshold, about as safe as if they were in it.

Or just stand there.

Nope. We need a 5 minute countdown, or something. A set of whirling blades starts over the gate room, and it starts to lower. The last minute you have to crouch, or crawl your ass out or the gates are closed, lest you want to become a philly cheese steak with ketchup.
    Or something like that.
  • Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315
    Options

What about diversion? People couldn't use it at the exit gates

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Best way to stop survivors tbagging at the exit gates is to maybe kill them before hand. Easy right. 
  • Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    Options
    I don't linger at the gates to troll, I just want the killer to come give me a farewell smack. I lose points in the survival category for the killer to earn some in this exchange so it's my way of trying to say GG.

If they're not interested I won't stay to waste their time and I won't teabag because that could muddle the message. It irritates me too that some folk use the safe space to be puds instead of good sports. 
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

We need an exit timer.

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Gorgonia said:

We need an exit timer.

Git gud
  • Gorgonia
    Options

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    Gorgonia said:

We need an exit timer.

Git gud

I play survivor and I still think we need an exit timer. Try again?

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Gorgonia said:

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    Gorgonia said:

We need an exit timer.

Git gud

I play killer and survivor, when i lose to either side i accept my loss and move on i don’t immediately run to the forums complaining about “ crouching” “ swf bullying me” lol as long as im having fun i really could careless win or loss mind games is what makes me play this game... What next are you sensitive players going to complain about next? survivors that are running away from you
  • nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66
    Options

I think, and this is just me putting a thought out there, that it would be neat if a Killer could close the exit gate once it has been opened completely. That way if people are in the exit gate tea bagging, just hit the switch and it takes just as long to shut the door as it does to open it.
    A survivor wouldn't have to power up more gens to reopen the door, just open the door again as usual. I think adding that element would encourage more survivors to open the gate and leave.
    I could be wrong though.

• Gorgonia
    Options

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    Gorgonia said:

@ForeheadSurviors said:

Gorgonia said:

We need an exit timer.

Git gud

I play killer and survivor, when i lose to either side i accept my loss and move on i don’t immediately run to the forums complaining about “ crouching” “ swf bullying me” lol as long as im having fun i really could careless win or loss mind games is what makes me play this game... What next are you sensitive players going to complain about next? survivors that are running away from you

the problem is people stay in the game a lot of time even after the gates are open and as a killer you need to put up with that or dc

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No.

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

You know what's more simple? Chasing them out.

• Rebel_Raven
    Options
    Silas said:

Know what's even easier still? Survivors walking out the exit.
  • Silas
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Silas said:

Yet the easiest of them all? Getting over it and moving on to the next match.

People complain about the most insignificant things in this game and demand an immediate fix. Multiplayer games like this are meant to be competitive, so there should be no surprise when a survivor teabags at the gate or a killer nods their head after a hook.

• Rebel_Raven
    Options
    Silas said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Silas said:

People complain about the most insignificant things in this game and demand an immediate fix. Multiplayer games like this are meant to be competitive, so there should be no surprise when a survivor teabags at the gate or a killer nods their head after a hook.

tell that to the survivors that won't get over the match, and just leave.
    Instead hang around until they get chased out.
    Are you going to keep suggesting things the survivors could be doing, too, but don't?
  • Silas
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Silas said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Silas said:

tell that to the survivors that won't get over the match, and just leave.
    Instead hang around until they get chased out.
    Are you going to keep suggesting things the survivors could be doing, too, but don't?

You may not be the best at reading and that's okay, I will not judge you on that. To further clarify, or repeat rather, I did clearly state that this is a competitive game and it's no surprise that players from both sides will grief the other to an extent. To whine about such trivial matters is entertaining, I will admit, but quickly grows tiresome when it becomes the 10,000th post on the subject.

I could further elaborate but I shouldn't have to. You're either arguing just to argue or, which would even be more pathetic, you truly believe that you have a point. If you're genuinely still confused on the matter, refer to previous post. Still baffled? Refer to common sense.

Bye bye now.