Legion needs to be changed (from a Legion main)

Options

After buff Legion makes games miserable and it is showing a similar level of frustration of the original Legion (first version).

This is coming from a REAL legion main (see all my posting history about legion).

It is a continuous flow of mending after mending after mending.

It is not DBD, it is just a mending simulator.

The new speed feels great when you use Legion but from the survivor perspective is just a faster and faster freight train coming for you and there is not much you can do about it.

Is this Legion unbeatable or even OP? certainly not unbeatable and perhaps not even op (some add-ons are) but it opens once again the door to the same issues of OG legion.

You can beat them slamming gens and escaping but it is a miserable experience.

Please keep the music but change Legion's power. It is not possible to balance this mess, it is either too weak, too strong or too frustrating

Comments

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377
    Options

They might be ok strength wise but they have recreated a similar situation of OG Legion. You can't have a killer that just want to make you disconnect. This is what I feel when going against this version of Legion.

When I play as them I can clearly see the frustration in the survivor camp. It is not healthy

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    Options

Nerfing is what it would come down to though, at this point.

The devs have clearly spent a good amount of time working on Legion and having them in the state they are in, they won’t be getting another major update for years.

The best counter to constant mending is to split up as far as possible and give your teammates time to do gens if you’re being harassed by Legions deep wounds. If 3+ people are constantly being deep wounded, there’s a problem there (or it’s never sleep pills and mural sketch).

I think Trapper is boring to face, I hate plague’s sickness, I hate Tricksters knives, I hate Leatherfaces chainsaw, but I don’t consider them In need of nerfing/changing. I just personally don’t like the gameplay they bring but I’ll try my best against them anyway.

I’d much rather have to mend constantly than try and avoid a chainsaw or constantly look out for traps.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    Options

I like the point you made about Bubba. He’s not a meta Killer, but his power is pretty strong when Survivors don’t respect it. Legion appears to now be in a similar boat.

I did fear for Bubba back then but I’m glad the devs didn’t buy into the hysteria and nerf him. They did say they wait longer now between releasing something and changing it, so I’m sure when the Legion playerbase dies down a little people will be less hysterical. Especially when they learn more counter play (which they should be able to with how common Legion is now).

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Old Legion was the worst killer in the game this change was a must and needs to stay

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

Mending's annoying but legion is the only killer apart from nurse who can vault a pallet and instadown you just like that. I think that's a little more of an issue right now

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

I'm not having problems facing the buffed Legion. People should learn to not mend as soon as the killer hits them. If you're smart about it you don't need to mend non-stop.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

For how is legion now i think they should just get rid of mending, a frenzy hit should injure the survivors and that's it

• Jasonisanicefella
    Options

I was thinking the same. This mending situation is just ridiculous. It is not fun gameplay, versing current legion is like sitting on a cactus for hours.

Just injure survivors and thats it

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

To be fair to people complaining about Legion, I haven’t seen too many people saying they think Legion is “too powerful”. The complaint is more about the total length of the match against Legion and the gameplay loop Legion matches follow. The question isn’t “how easy is it to escape against Legion” but rather “how long are Legion matches on average and how much of the time in a Legion match is spent just Mending?” Hypothetically of Legion is great at stalling the game, but not weak at actually getting downs, then that could lead to games where you get interminable stalemates of survivors taking forever to finish the gens but Legion also taking forever to secure any hooks or kills.

I don’t have a strong opinion on this one since I’m a killer main and don’t experience the Mending side of things, but I can understand I think where that sort of complaint could arise if the new Legion matches tend to be longer affairs with a lot more Mending going on.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 804
    Options

+1

Every single Legion game I've played since the buff has inevitably ended in me just giving up because I just can't be bothered to play any more.

I realise that killers foam at the mouth as soon as survivors find something "boring", but when something is this tedious it's not longer an issue of "git gud whiny survivors hurr durr". It's unhealthy for the game in general.

Sadly they already said that a complete rework is highly unlikely, but that does at least show that the devs have considered it and therefore are aware of these issues. Tbh, I don't know if I trust them to come up with something that isn't even worse.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

The counter to legion is just to split up and not heal. By splitting up legion can't get multiple hits in FF.

Unless you allow legion to get 5 FF hits he is just a m1 killer.

As far as slow down perks every killer at the higher mmr needs to run a lot of slowdown perks to combat the fast gen speed. Try playing a m1 killer at high mmr without slowdown perks and the game will be over in 5 minutes.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,106
    Options

If that’s the case, looping should be removed from the game because it’s repetitive, boring and tedious for most killers.

Legion is only boring when you’re with a group who don’t know how to counter him. Had a match yesterday where my teammates didn’t know what Discordance was and kept revealing their locations. I was able to do three gens, lose him in chase multiple times cleanse three totems and deny him a chain hit several times because I’d just start running before he could make it to me (and lithe helped).

Many times, it’s really not the killer I have issues with when playing solo. It’s the idiot teammates.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Options

I agree, looping, camping, tunnelling and gen rushing are ALL aspects that should be removed. This has nothing to do with how boring are games with the new legion.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

Only changes that I think should happen is a rework to Julie's mixtape that shouldn't even be a thing and a filthy blade rework because +4 seconds on a mend is just brutal

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Yeah, I think it's problematic when games push the 15 minute mark. That's way too long.

Plus there's a psychological aspect to constantly being interrupted and having to mend. It's like running in place and it feels frustrating. There's a difference between holding M1 to progress a relatively finite objective vs being repeatedly interrupted, having a screen effect take place, and having to hold M1 to resume what you were doing.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    Options

Buffed Legion is definitely stronger, but the basic gameplay mechanics have been in place for years, so I just don't see this as a big issue. Maybe it's just because more people have been playing Legion this past week (i.e. people are getting annoyed because they're facing it more often)?

There have always been people who hated playing against Legion and there have always been complaints about "mending simulator." When you play against Legion (pre-buff or post-buff), there will be mending, since inflicting Deep Wound on multiple survivors is literally the main purpose of Legion's power.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

I don’t have a problem with base legion, but Julie’s mixtape was a mistake.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

There's nothing wrong with Julie's Mix Tape. If you pallet slam a Legion in Frenzy, you still break his chain combo, he won't be able to down you after that, he'll just be able to jump the pallet and hit you, which is something most Legions are going to do anyway because they'll wait for the pallet drop instead of running face first into it without a care.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,356
    Options

Seeing how deathslinger was changed to be more fun im happy I dont play legion.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

There's "people saying it's not fun" and it actually "not being fun".

I'm speculating and haven't played against Legion since the update, but if it's extending the game an extra 15 minutes and the game becomes mending-by-daylight, then my guess is it's in the "not being fun" category.

Also, Legion caused the game to be mending-by-daylight previously, and the developers changed him.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Never played Legion before, is now a good time or will I just be adding to survivor frustration?

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

The only survivors you frustrate would have been frustrated regardless.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Legion changes are just copium from 6 months of overpowered Boons.

Now that you cant brute force heals like before, you might have to...idk, be more strategic with your heals and mends.

I will say that Thana and Dying Light Legions are boring, however.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260
    Options

If anything legion still needs buffs. Super fun to play now but base feral frenzy duration's rather low lol

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I can honestly live with that considering our stun CD is better

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,630
    Options

This is why I wanted legion reworked instead of buffed.

He's very annoying to go against, probably the most annoying Killer.

That doesn't mean he's strong. That just means nobody finds him fun to play against.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

"The new speed feels great when you use Legion but from the survivor perspective is just a faster and faster freight train coming for you and there is not much you can do about it."

have you ever face a blight with both speed addons? that thing is a really "scary faster freight train coming for you"

you know that getting a stun on legion resets the chain hit playstile🤔 RIGHT?

about the mending playstile .............DONT MEND CLOSE TO A LEGION JEEEZ...outside of that i agree that mend overall is not fun but thats the thing dont mend evey single time you get hit. (if you hate mending just 99% your mend progress bar and do gens)

by doing this you dont get show by killer instinct and at the same time you avoid giving free chain hits for legion.

• FormelyThomas
    FormelyThomas Member Posts: 22
    Options

Change the music, it's so bad

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 583
    Options

Legions power is just not suited for dbd and its current groundwork. That's the reality. It's not because it's op or take weak, it's because it's unfun and impossible to balance properly.

If they nerf Legion, the killer side suffers from having to use a now almost useless killer. If he's buffed, the survivors suffer from an unfun killer that the chase and game unbearable.

I think the devs should work to make Legion as he was previously advertised. Whether it be mimicking survivors or having 4 different power states or whatever. Running around and stabbing people is a far cry from what we were HEAVILY expecting