Does anyone else find facing Oni unfun?

Options

Like,

once he fills his power, gets a hook and uses it he can just:

Run around fast, have instadown, big lunge, curve around walls while sliding on them as if they are made of butter, destroy pallets with it,

and unless the survivors instantly heal, the map is just filled with red orbs for him..

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

It takes a lot of playtime to get good with Oni and pulling off his power can be challenging. Take solace that you will not be facing him every other match.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

I'm pretty lucky with Onis

yeah but what if you're not the first survivor he is chasing? and he is enraged and has demon dash available?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited May 2022
    Options

While Oni is very balanced, Killers should be more like Artist.

Good 1v1, good 1v4, strong Add-Ons and still remaining counterable

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

I feel like his main power should be more risk/reard for him. It's way too lenient and lasts for way too long. Also, with turning addons it's too cheesy. They should balance it, but then again, they should balance so many things. Will they? Maybe. In 3 years time, there's a 15% possibility they might look into it, after 60 more killer DLCS, 150 more wigs.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

No. He is scary and, as survivor I feel genuinely threatened. That's fun.

As killer I like that survivors just can't ignore you.

One of my favorite things is to get into a queue as oni, only to find a flashlights Sabo squad.

They'll either abandon their original plan or accept their fate and try their stunts anyway.

I respect them if they choose the latter option and will try to make the match fun for both sides.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I run Tinkerer on Oni and I get plenty of demon strikes on unsuspecting survivors. Id love to have seen that from there perspective. Ive watched a few twitch videos of survivors playing against me and the whole game they were nothing but purely enjoying the thrill of tinkerer Oni.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

No, he is very fun to play againts.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

I'm sure every killer has some who doesn't find it fun playing against them. It's why "unfun" should never be used as justification for changes.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

Where can I get a copy of BrokenSoul's rule for the DbD forum, got to make sure I'm not being cringey.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

But The Artist doesn't get to bonk naughty survivors with a big stick.

*BONK*

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

I have only one problem personally that Oni's usually tunnel me but other than that he is fun killer to face but it is much more fun to play as him thought.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

She can bonk Survivors from the other side of the Map with birbs, I find that more fun

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

The thing is don't give him his power try to delay it as much as possible by pre dropping pallets and just playing very safely and alsl Coh should help in healing quickly.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

You were the one derailing it because you're so starved of my attention that you always have to reply to everything I post. You're ######### annoying, at best.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yes, I don't like going against him.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

Wait, I thought we complain about Legion for 2 weeks, then Nurse, then Blight... Then maybe Piramid Head. Oni was supposed to be the topic of complains in July.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

It used to be kind of annoying when your team mates ran around injured never healing and continually fed him blood. But that's more of a team mate issue.

However since the boon meta kicked in that rarely happens any more.

• Ath4nat0s
    Ath4nat0s Member Posts: 77
    Options

That's why he is one of the most balanced killers in the game LOL

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 159
    Options

Oni getting complained about now? Yikes this playerbase man

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

Not a direct character thing but it's unfun when teammates feed him his power 40 seconds into a match

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2022
    Options

i feel the same , but oni is not OP ...is just the fact that if people get hit easily , giving his power all the time, and if you dont have nothing to heal you faster them by the time you get heal there a lot of blood orbs ... LOSE / LOSE scenario.

basically bring a medkit and oni is way weaker.

dont bring a medkit and you just are gonna get destroyed unless people dont get hit a single time(playing safe - pre drop pre drop).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

I actually don’t like him that much. He’s balanced, I just don’t find him fun to face. I’d rather go against billy.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52
    Options

Oni is definitly one of the more annoying killers to face in solo q if you have teammates that feed him his power, but if you and your team knows how to counter him and play around his blood fury he is pretty balanced!

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I dont have a problem with his gameplay loop, only personally as a stealth-enjoyer, I hate having a glowing, floating trail of orbs giving me away.

Oni with his power active is very intense in a good way, and managing to expend his power and maybe even potentially survive it is maybe one of the most thrilling things that can happen in this game!

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

you seem to have really good teammates than, lucky you

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

yes he's very unfun to face imo but at the same time i wouldn't be calling for nerfs or calling him boring cuz there are much more boring killers to face that don't require as much skill as oni.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

PC onis can be obnoxious with their fast, precise mouse movements.

But in general I think they are fun and scary, especially with Tinkerer.

Tinkerer Oni on Lerys is a nightmare to face

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2022
    Options

oni is fine he is strong but is fine. not only is rare to see but at the same time he is rewarding to play as and against, even with his power he still can be juked and looped unless he has like super speed addons wich can make it hard but for the most part is doable, COh have weakened him quite drastically because no longer huge blood orbs everywhere and survivors get healed all the time.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited May 2022
    Options

Too reliant on snowballing, not fun to play as or against. Survivors can starve him to death or feed him endlessly. Worst type of killer power design.

Only good thing about him is the character concept and sound effects.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,731
    Options

I enjoy playing against Oni. I've always found that his Blood Fury is easily countered by turning corners, or in absence of a jungle gym, running around round objects; it's not as simple as 'Oni fast, you dead.' He's very threatening if you or your teammates screw up, but he's balanced and I don't think any of his mechanics are annoying to deal with (which isn't the same for, say, Hag, Legion, or Doctor.)

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    Options

Sometimes it's not your allies, it's just there's nothing to do. Any decent Oni will zone a survivor in firist chase and prolong their down to create an area full of blood to activate a lot of times his power in the match. it's very unfun.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

I love Oni-macaroni lol.

I find him to be a really cool design, some amazing cosmetics, and he looks/sounds legit intimidating.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

I think he's super cool and fun to versus.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,086
    edited May 2022
    Options

He's unfun when he gets his power 15 seconds after it ends, which is like every Oni match

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Not specifically cause of oni. Just teammates being bad against oni.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    Options

He's not very fun to face, mostly because he's either A/ An easy M1 killer, or B/ A killer you have no chance against if they're not bad. Either too easy or too hard.

It's fun to work around him as a team, absolutely dreadful as a solo. There's nothing wrong with him, it's just yet another design choice that drains me more than it should. At this point it's becoming the whole game so whatever.

• Giraki
    Giraki Member Posts: 12
    Options

Ummmm... what turning addons exactly? If you wanna talk about addons talk about his duration addons. If you stack two of his best addons his power lasts much longer and doesn't have nearly as much of a "penalty" when downing survivors. At base the power lasts a perfectly fine amount of time. And even WITH addons, unless survivors are lining up and don't move whatsoever you are pretty much never going to get 4 downs in his power. With no duration addons 3 is near impossible. Oni is fine.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,731
    Options

Now that I think about it, this is the case with every power burst killer. Plague, you have the teammates who cleanse the second they get sick, or god forbid you get the doofuses who touch a dirty gen, immediately run away and cleanse, and then go back and touch the gen again. Myers, you get someone on a gen who isn't paying attention and lets him 99 his T3 at the start of the game. Oni's the same - if he finds a fodder teammate who gets hit immediately and then the Oni follows them around lapping up blood orbs until he finally gets his power and puts them out of their misery, you're in for a rough game. There's even shades of this with Legion now, where if your teammates cluster up for the first three hits and someone runs towards you while the Legion's on them, there's virtually no way to escape the incoming down.

Your teammates are always capable of screwing you over, but it's extra prevalent with the killers whose powers rely on survivor interactions.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

particularly he's one of my favorite killers to go against, and though I suck at playing him, it is satisfying to hear the sound of his power fully charged and going around at blood rage is quite pleasing. His scream is sick and when you see him charging at you it's always thrilling to try finding spots to avoid him and finding out if you can make it to a certain point of the loop before he can give you the bonk.

• MaekShiftBeats
    MaekShiftBeats Member Posts: 51
    Options

As an Oni main I'd like to know the location of these turning addons, I feel like they'd help me round those tighter corners for sure.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Basically never

It's weird, Oni is one of my all time favourite killers to go against

The people who play him are basically never toxic from my experience as well

Nothing to complain about.