What do you think of the change to Myers?

Options
SaltyKiller
SaltyKiller Member Posts: 474
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

For those who don't know: the big change to Mikey is that when he's in Evil Within 1 his speed will be 25% faster. He will still have the ######### lunge.

I also like the change to Save the Best For Last which raises the perk from complete ######### tier to possibly S tier. It's the perfect counter to body blockers and makes vault more tolerable.

I'm going to have to get Mikey now. The grind to get Monitor and Abuse 3 on him shall be painful.

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

Sounds cool definitely, especially the change to Save the Best for Last with tombstone will be awesome. One thing I wish they would change about mikey in general though would be to his stalking. Like that all survivors count as one single pool of stalking juice, so it's not so devastating to kill a survivor you didn't drink from so much.

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78
    Options

i love the change to myers but i never really stay in EW1 that long. I love the STBFL change and will definitely use it.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Myers won't be 25% faster.
    It will take 25% less time to catch up with a survivor. Which is very different lol.
    Basically, it's like a 1-2% movement speed difference overall.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Scratched Mirror muwahahaha

Also since lunge range is based off speed I wonder if it got a tiny increase as well. Myers already has an anomaly with t3 lung to that rule though.

• Trollfarceur
    Trollfarceur Member Posts: 33
    Options

STBFL + PWYF will now have a really better sinergy. You now have 2 reasons to let your obsession alive.

We will now have again the Machine Gun Build xD (but you'll need to build it up instead of having it right at the start as it was before)

The scratched mirror's Build has been slighty buffed with the increase movement speed in EW1.

It will be easier to grab survivors on gens because of the speed increased with Monitor & Abuse which is really nice :)

They didn't rework Dying Light which is sad in my opinion. I would like Devs to rework it since :

• It doesn't work well with other Myers perks (except if you pick a tombstone piece and mori your obsession after getting some STBFL tokens)
    • Requiring a specific survivor to be dead in order to get the perk effect is stupid. It makes killers tunneling that specific survivor. making him have a ######### match if he gets found early. (downed, hooked and then mori right after being unhooked)

Also, Tinkerer could now have a great use on Myers: Just imagine a EW3 Myers with no terror radius... :D That's sounds really funny to me ^^

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

I feel like they should increase it a bit more, the thing with Myer 1 is that people can infinite you because of your speed. He's the worst killer when get bullied by this and there's no counterplay. Grabbing survivors on high rank is almost non-existent since they can check their camera all the time

Vanity Mirror needs to be reworked. Why does it still have lower movement speed? Makes no sense since Wraith and Pig does this better

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

@TrumpJunior said:
    Wait, what happens to STBFL?

Each time you strike a non-obsession survivor you gain a token up to 8. For each token gain a 5% hit recovery rate. (presumably only succesful)
    Hitting your obsession causes you to lose 2 tokens. Once the obsession is dead you no longer gain tokens.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options
    These changes are great. Now scratched mirror Myers is even more scary :) and STBFL really needed this rework. When Myers was released the perk was great but then they nerfed it. Now it has the potential to make a new meta
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:
    Myers won't be 25% faster.
    It will take 25% less time to catch up with a survivor. Which is very different lol.
    Basically, it's like a 1-2% movement speed difference overall.

My bad. In their Q&A they described him as being 25% faster.

In Q&A they said he's catching up 25% faster, actually, which is very different.
    Tho, it's very misleading. It's pretty much the same issue than Enduring, that makes people think it's a 75% stun reduction, while it's only a 43% stun reduction on pallets, and a 35% stun reduction on DS.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Am I the only person who believes they should bring back bloodlust for tier 1 Myers?
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Vanity Mirror needs to be reworked. Why does it still have lower movement speed? Makes no sense since Wraith and Pig does this better

No Amanda does not to activate her aura seeing ability when using the add-on you have to be crouching you are slower than nurse whilst you crouch not only that but she only have an aura reading of 12 metres if anything vanity mirror Myers still out classes Amanda's letter by leaps and bounds.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Stalking intensifies!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    I can already imagine my P3 pig going around and just destroy survivors after having 8 tokens! I just wonder if it will affect my ambush successful attacks through...
  • Someissues
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

No Amanda does not to activate her aura seeing ability when using the add-on you have to be crouching you are slower than nurse whilst you crouch not only that but she only have an aura reading of 12 metres if anything vanity mirror Myers still out classes Amanda's letter by leaps and bounds.

We're talking about Myer here, anyhow for Pig her addon for 12 meters is too Harsh, you are better off playing Wraith with 12-meter wall-hacks addon with no penalty and does a much better job at it

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

@Someissues said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

We're talking about Myer here, anyhow for Pig her addon for 12 meters is too Harsh, you are better off playing Wraith with 12-meter wall-hacks addon with no penalty and does a much better job at it

Can the Wraith head-trap dudes and buy himself time? No? Okay then.

You do know the traps are heavily based on RNG meaning potentially someone could get it off within 30 seconds or so and you just wasted one of your only four bear traps.

And there's very little in the way to actually make bear traps more difficult and more time consuming.

• Someissues
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:
    Can the Wraith head-trap dudes and buy himself time? No? Okay then.

What use can Pig do if it can only place 1 trap on a survivor?

• Someissues
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
     You do know the traps are heavily based on RNG meaning potentially someone could get it off within 30 seconds or so and you just wasted one of your only four bear traps.

And there's very little in the way to actually make bear traps more difficult and more time-consuming.

In all my matches with Pigs on Rank 1, I have never seen anyone dying to the bear trap, it's a time waster and it's ridiculously easy to get off the trap. Again with 1 trap and 2 box you aren't gonna be doing anything

• Someissues
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:
    Plus Wraith's decloak time is garbage and his power gets countered by a flashlight.

Good wraith with flash-light immune + 12 meters will counter this hard. with only 2 boxes you aren't gonna get RNG, it's 50% correct and it only takes like 3-5 seconds to search the Jigsaw

I am mainly talking about her issue on the addon where it only limits you to 1 Trap and 2 Jigsaw Box, the trade-off for 12 meters is not worth it and is too punishing