A bleed out option should be introduced

CausticMisery
CausticMisery Member Posts: 35
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

There are many situations where the Killer will slug everyone and then simply let everyone die by bleeding out, which makes everyone lose their time over nothing. I feel like if you have the option to suicide on hook in order to give Hatch to a teammate, for example, you should be able to do the same when downed, by giving you an option to bleed out faster if you choose to do so. Then you also won't have to be forced to wait 4 minutes on the ground because the Killer decided to BM you and leave you on the ground until you die.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited May 2022

This is t-bag version of killers.

Don't t-bag, don't waste killer's time. Just leave.

Don't leave people bleed out. Hook them and let them die faster.

But toxic people will do toxic stuffs. Because BHVR allowed this things.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

Sad truth.

I don't know if this is a good idea, you'd see survivors using the bleed out button as soon as they get downed to leave a match just like using the dc button, but without the dc penalty.

• CausticMisery
    CausticMisery Member Posts: 35

Sure, but Survivors can already do that by suiciding on hook. I'm not saying you should be able to bleed out instantly, but rather than you should be able to speed it up so that you bleed out in like 30 seconds instead of the usual 3-5 minutes. That way you can only use it if you get slugged and the Killer is letting you bleed out to BM you.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Bleed out option would be nice, but probably never happen.

Killers use it as a tool to get that 4k by slugging one and searching for (or ambushing) the other survivor.

Devs apparently want you to suffer playing their game for the real survivor experience...by making you stare at the ground for 5 minutes.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I think that once your bleed-out timer is less than half-full, you should be able to make the ultimate sacrifice.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Let's just end these time wastes for real. Give survs a bleed out option and killer some kind of button in the basement so they can end the game once collabs startet

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

My idea? If all survivors are dead, hooked, and/or in the dying state, survivors can double the acceleration rate of their bleed out by holding M2. That way if a killer is playing for the 4K normally, can go for it; but if they’re slugging everyone just because, the survivors won’t be held captive in the match after it’s basically over for them already.

Could also make a HUD change to the dying state meter when this is in effect, so the killer can act accordingly.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2022

This is basically word for word what I've thought. A "Dark Glyph" in basement for killer, same spot as White Glyph for survivor. Shows up after exit gates are open, with the prompt "surrender" or something that makes it clear that it's the option to give up. Interact with it for 3 seconds to end the game. Should count as a gate escape for survivors.

For survs, add an option to bleed out after 2 minutes of bleeding. Not available within 5 seconds of being downed. Requires holding the button for 2 seconds.

Killing yourself on the ground should count as being sacrificed. Could have the same animation as EGC death. I feel it should also count as being hooked, so you can't deny the killes hook effects like Blood Warden with a tactical bleedout. While we're at it, make DCing give you a survivors BBQ stack.

Finally, remove collission between the killer and the last survivor, but only while EGC isn't active. This would fix stalemates for hatch like when the killer and surv block each other from a door to reach hatch, but the surv is healthy so you can't hit them or they'll escape. It would also fix holding the last survivor hostage by bodyblocking them in a corner. It's strange how that's even possible, you can literally force a DC and it can be done infinitely. Blocking during EGC is fine though.

The only scenario the bleedout changes wouldn't fix is closing hatch on last surv and then slugging them and picking up over and over. But accounting for that level of BM isn't realistic.

The bleedout change would make adepting killer even harder, but honestly adept should just be a 4k anyway.

What do you all think?

Post edited by MrMori on
  • Starrseed

Just waiting for all these little dancing queens to say the killer should just push them out the gates and he needs no give up function

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

The thing BHVR may not realize is that it's not just about killers being oversensitive or whatever. If this makes more players play killer, that's a shorter queue time for everyone. If that means killers exit games 1 minute and 30 seconds earlier, that's faster queue times. I find it strange why BHVR are so terrified of making changes that would upset toxic players and no one else. I don't think the majority of the community is toxic, but they make it less fun for everyone. If they don't want to play anymore cause they can't be a dick that's a good thing.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

No, it will take away a lot of joy out of the game.

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333

Good idea if a Survivor wants to leave a game quickly because they've been down for a while.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

A minor point, I don’t just bleed people out typically but I have once or twice had to bleed a survivor out simply because there are no hooks in the area and they don’t crawl near one.

But yeah, intentionally bleeding people out just because it drags the game out to give the survivor the middle finger is a jerk move.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

Yeah, I think this would be a good idea and would help to cut down on a lot of timewasting annoyances. Likewise, the killer should also have an option to push out all survivors still remaining in the trial during the Endgame Collapse.

Nobody wants to be slugged for 4 minutes or have to watch people tbag at the exit gates. Cutting out both of these chances to BM would improve everyone's gameplay experience.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I’m all for a surrender option for killers after 15 minutes into a trial, but there’s a big difference here between pushing survivors out of the exit gates and slugging. Killers can pick up and hook slugged survivors, they can push survivors out of the exit gates in a matter of seconds. But survivors in the dying state cannot help themselves without perks, cannot force killers to just end the game for them, can be waiting up to four minutes vs. four seconds.

• Starrseed

Yeah that's why we say give both side an option to take the "Fun" that some people find in that toxic crap away

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

I don't know how that changes the fact that both of these issues should be addressed in some way.