Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Spirits Passive Phasing.

Noel_Vermillion
Noel_Vermillion Member Posts: 30
edited June 7 in Ask the Community

Like many people I have been playing dbd for quite a long time now and I have been wondering, around her release, while she has been out and most recently with her NERF a few months back and now the introduction of sadako.

Is there sort kind of reason be it gameplay wise balance or otherwise why the spirit player has no indication of when she is actively Passive Phasing?

The whole time she has had 2 addons (now 1 since her addon passes that mixed the 2 together) that directly influence her Passive Phasing something the player csn buff with addons like sadako does with her addons yet the player are still clueless and unless you against her even remember it's a feature at all unless you get a really dodgy down at a short loop that makes you confused as to why they did something so weird movementwise

I'm now more than ever trying to understand the existence of the passive phasing addon when the spirit user can't really effectively integrate it in to gameplay

is there a way to know?

Am I just stupid?(Don't answer that🤣)

If you could see the visible confusion on my face it would look something like this

','7

Post edited by EQWashu on

Best Answers

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    Answer ✓

Juniper Bonsai (the yellow passive phasing addon) is not very good.

Passive phasing is not really that impactful with or without the addon. But if there was some kind of way to know when the spirit was passive phasing so she could use it more to her advantage I think that would be an interesting idea!

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    Answer ✓

Yeah as Dorito said I’ve moved on her and DBD as a whole. DBD because I was sick of the game and the state it was in. Spirit because of reasons I don’t feel like explaining in detail, but let’s just say she’s negatively impacted me and the person I wanna be, and it’s taken me a while to realize it. Thanks for the kind words though!

@Topic:

I guess just because I’ve moved on from Spirit doesn’t mean I can’t help. There isn’t a way to tell when you’re passive phasing and her yellow add on, Juniper Bonsai, that effects it, it’s not worth using. I would put it aside unless it sees a rework in the future.

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well. I don’t think there is any indication as to when passive phasing is on?

but surely our local Spirit-main @TheGannMan would know better than me and may have some tips for you?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

O.O

thats very sad to hear, they were always respectful and nice as far as I remember. But well, can’t blame them.

• Noel_Vermillion
    Noel_Vermillion Member Posts: 30

Thanks for the answers :3

Just wanted ti make sure I'm not crazy and it is basically a pointless addon she can't even utilise properly.

Hopefully in the future they do something that actually lets her use her passive in chase cos as it stands now it's just another random spirit thing that gets your random questionable downs at times vs being something you actually purposely did to secure a down.

Just don't feel good knowing some of my downs I think I worked for was due to a conveniently placed passive phase rather than we actually using the passive phase purposely.

Hopefully BHR let her see it in the future, because as it stands spirit herself is definitely aware of it happening with the violent contortions of her body whenever it happens

This discussion has been closed.