The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lobby ready, survivor

Survivors should be locked before killers. The killers are hunting, they should he able prepare a little bit. Last minute switches with the killer not being able to prep isn't good. It's not so killers win every match, but hunterd prepare for their prey. What do y'all think?

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022

Yes is the short answer, and.... Killers should be able to switch killers, yes.

We were able to until the "we gave each killer MMR" which is the "reason" it was taken away

I would take the old system of learning a new killer in high ranks and being able to switch killers in lobby to this shadownerf

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

I hear you. When people switch to bring in medkits you can't switch to someone like plague.

• DrDeepwound
    edited May 2022

to comment further, survivors should be locked in when they click ready too and match should NOT start until everyone clicks ready.

to stop any hostages, you have to click ready BEFORE you enter lobby, once ready you are locked, as killer is.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

Why not doing this for both survivors and killers? Do you really feel the need to adapt your build depending on what items the survivors bring?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

Since killers can no longer swap in lobby I agree with this, giving them an extra bit to change build to suit locked in survivor builds can prepare killers for matches and deny the "strategy" of 4 man last second swaping

• DrDeepwound

The game is and has always been based on allowing the killer to see what items survs have and to choose his build based on that.

Its how the game was designed originally and remains so. The only thing that changed was killer can no longer choose a different killer. We are locked in whatever killer we choose. Survs can click at last second and change to a surv with purple flashlights etc,... givin killer no time to change.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Good luck with that homie.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I agree survivors should be locked at 20sec.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Survivors should be locked in the moment they begin, at least as far as items go. I see no issue changing perks or cosmetics around, but until the Devs change it Ill just do what I always do. Watch the Survivors, and if I see a sudden last second key/flashlight swap I just close DbD and reopen it.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Yes because the power role needs to prepare in this game due to balancing. If that wasn't apart of this then you wouldn't be able to see survivors like they can't see killer. Based off of the lobby itself. It's designed for killers to gather knowledge and for survivors to be in the dark. You're supposed to threaten and knowledge is power.