Solo Q perks

Options

Kindred and empathetic connection has been gold for me. Empathetic connection helps others see you on a gen, see if you're going for save etc. It is a,soft kindred for hurt survivors. I've had less people running to my gen during chase and more people play optimally since I use it. I am also able to motion to hurt survivors being tunneled and they come to me for a block. What perks do you like using in solo?

Comments

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    edited May 2022
    Options

From those you mentioned, i like kindred, but the rest of the perks are totally situational.

soloQ healing perks are essential, and I used a lot niche perks after the CoH nerf (Ressurgence + Self-care or built to last + pharmarcy), but with the hemorrhage update, a bunch of niche survivor perks ended up being completely nullified by a simple perk or addon equipped by the killers.

So now i'm using the default build (BK + SC with DS and Unbreakable or BT)

Post edited by randonly on
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

My blind Artist build counters every Aura reading Perk you might have

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

my demo power build counters everything survivors have😤

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Kindred feels almost mandatory. Should honestly be base.

Being able to self-heal is really nice. I like Botany/Self-Care a lot. Healing under hook is a trap and it's better to split up. Plus Botany lets me heal teammates faster.

Totem perks are also nice to have. D-hunch or Counterforce.

BT is just good, period. Adrenaline/Resilience is good too if I want to be a bit more high risk/high reward.

Lots of options depending on how I want to play.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I consider Empathic Connection awful because its like Empathy but it can be used by someone to drop the Killer in top of your head even if you are injured and in death hook while they are havent been hooked once. It could be argued it can be used by someone to find a teammate to tank a hit but Empathy can be used the same way but you decide if you want to do it instead of being forced by a third party.

For me in Solo I use perks that benefit me and are easy to activate, Solo is hell and unless you get one of those rare lobbies where everyone has similar skill you get way more value of non niche egoistic perks than altruistic or niche ones. For example Iron Will, makes you harder to detect even if someone leads the Killer to you by accident and its almost impossible to not get value out of it, same as Spine Chill or most exhaustion perks.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

Yup, I run mostly altruism. Kindred, botany knowledge, empathetic connection, borrowed time

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Same I usually just run selfish perks for solo Q. Way too many nightmarish matches and I will routinely get left to die / die on first hook anyways even with a full team-oriented build.

Sometimes I will get a really good team and feel bad for not running BT or something but honestly the stompy (in both directions) matches far outweigh the tightly knit matches where a single BT can save the game.

Usually it's my team being completely slaughtered at 4-5 gens left or the killer getting stomped and having so little pressure my perks were irrelevant anyways. So I bring perks for the "team slaughtered at 5 gens left" games

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options
  • Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    edited May 2022
    Options

Woo is to me almost necessary. The amount of decisions it reveals as bad is amazing to me.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

My usual build is bt, we'll make it, wglf, an exhaustion perk and a medkit.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I dont feel bad about having a full "ME!!" build because it lets me run the Killer for more time than if I had a team oriented one, giving the rest of the team a bigger window to fix gens, as long as your build and gamestyle helps progress the game its ok, the major drawback is as Im on my own so are they, especially when there is only 1 gen left and onwards but thats the first golden rule of Solo queue.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Yeah I only have two rules for solo Q. Don't be the first one chased, and don't be the last one chased. First one chased can get tunneled, last one chased usually gets camped.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

Aftercare

It's good if you are someone who is hard to take down

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58
    Options

Play blast mine, the gen highlight effect gives so much info to your team especially when working on the last two gens.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,914
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm a solo player and love kindred. Also Overcome or Lithe, Iron Will, Windows of Opportunity, Distortion, and Prove Thyself. They tend to be the ones I alternate through, though I use others of course when doing certain challenges.

Edit: oh and BT on occasion too