PC - 5.7.0 Animation Stuck (Game Breaking)

Options
Ayesha
Ayesha Member Posts: 38
edited May 2022 in Bug Reporting

PC - 5.7.0 Animation Stuck (Game Breaking)

PC - Stuck on animation (Any action or interaction)

How does it happen?

Step 1: Boot the game

Step 2: Play as Killer / Survivor in a public match

Step 3: In-game, do any action or interaction with objects (Pallet, Exit Gate, Killer Object (like Jigsaw Boxes or Freddy Kruger Clock Alarm) / abilities (like Doctor Static Blast, or even victor pounce)

Step 4: Notice you have random chance (High) to stuck on any animation.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played: Survivor (All) Killer (All)
  • Perks played: Anything
  • Map: All Map
  • Frequency of the issue: Very high (I got 3 on killer and 2 on survivor in a day)
  • No bug like this on 5.6.0, only happened AFTER update 5.7.0.

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

• Images
  • Videos
  • Logs (PC only)

• Animation stuck on repairing the generator, even after the generator is completed.
  • After a survivor notices me in a stuck position and lure the killer, the killer was able to grab me and hook. I was able to move freely after getting unhooked.
  • Stuck in mid pallet dropping animation and get hit by the killer, and the killer was unable to pick me up in dying state. Other survivors were also unable to do anything. I can't move or do anything else except left for dead.
  • Other survivor send me their POV on trying to pick me back up, but no interaction is available.
  • The doctor stuck on his Static Blast animation (No progress on the bar even after I no longer hold it, can't hit anything, still able to move) (Its the beginning of the match, so I DC in this situation)
  • The doctor stuck when trying to destroy the dropped pallet, can't do anything (Blind had no effect) (Also the beginning of the match, so DC immediately when this happened)
  • Stuck on gate opening animation, but this time killer was able to hit me down, pick, and hook.
  • You are not the only one able to stuck, your friend is also able to stuck mid animation (He is near the gate in his POV)

*Don't have a pic but I faced a Trapper who was stuck in his mid arming trap animation (Like crouching) but still move around weirdly.

==Update - 1==

• Animation stuck mid-mending, has to go down. But luckily other are still able to interact (recover) me.

==Update - 2==

• Stuck on gen repairing, repair not progressing. Skill check keep appearing, and I able to do the skill check but not able to do anything other than that. I leave the skill check alone so the gen will attract the killer to grab me. What a fun experience...
  • Stuck while vaulting window on a chase, survivor just seeing me confused. (Also the beginning of the match, so DC immediately when this happened) got 15 minutes matchmaking ban, great
  • Now I had video proof of this Animation bug, it happened at the end of the video because the Instant record takes 5 minutes of recording.
  • Updated log files.

==Update - 3==

• Skip to the end of the video for animation stuck in action, having to wait 30 minutes for a matchmaking ban is super not fun. I hope we got a solution ASAP.

==Update - 4==

• Already tried to reinstall the game but had no luck, the animation stuck still there.
  • 30 Minutes of Matchmaking ban from Disconnecting from that bug, nobody would like to sit and watch uncontrollable character getting T bagged and wasting time on leaving phase just because the survivor decided to do so.

==Update - 5==

• My friend got stuck in a dying animation and his status on the left side still dying too, while in fact he is already in an injured state and can't be interacted with.
  • My map can't be used in the middle of the match, and can't interact with anything (You can see press prompt button won't show, and the map active sound is looping). I need to be downed and hooked by the killer to be free again, after the unhook I am able to interact again with the totem.

==Update - 6==

• Doctor stuck on his Static Blast Animation
  • Stuck on entering locker animation

==Update - 7==

• Stuck on rekindling a totem (Killer - Wraith)
  • Stuck on healing animation, killer able to hit me and hook. I can control the character again after that.

==Update - 8==

• Stuck on his ability.

==Update - 9==

• Idk if this will ever be fixed since no acknowledgment from them for so long since the report was made, even this report can't be voted after they just delete the report and brought it back for whatever reason. The silent treatment really throws away my motivation to play this game, if that's their goal for the 5.7.0 update they really did a splendid job. Well done...

--

I will update the post when something new happened

--

Post edited by Ayesha on
4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 606
    Options

same for me i've the same problem, casual i've the animation is stucked.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Same here. Stuck in repairing animation even after gen was completed.

• Alleluja
    Alleluja Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thank you for this post.

Yesterday I've played as Myer on mcmilian map and at beginning, Yun Jin tried to slow vault a window in shack. She got stuck in animation. I could still stalk her, then down with tier 3 Myer m1. After hitting, it took several seconds before survivor model went down as well. And after that, I could not pick her up (tried several times), survivors couldn't heal her as well, and she bleed out on the ground with 400 points in total.

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 606
    Options

i've this problem today, i've vault a window of the 4x4 and i'm stucked in this window for all entire match with the Huntress.

• Ayesha
    Options

I hope this issue can be resolved as soon as possible, this bug affects both survivor and killer which is annoying and can't be avoided unlike specific ones.

• Ayesha
    Options

Ahhh I happen to be bugged like that too with Freddy back there. Quitting the match is my to go to, rather than being T-bagged and wasted time after leaving phase happened.

Truly a game-breaking bug...

I have already contacted the support staff too by Email and they already acknowledged the problem and trying to resolve it as soon as they can without any clear timeline. I will update the post with more information from those Emails

😉

• Polilla
    Polilla Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yes! Same yesterday for me! I kept me repairing the gen but the progress bar was stuck. It could only be progressed with great skill checks (which I failed most of them so it didn’t really matter), my teammate could join me and they could make actual progress, but I was just dead weight there. The killer got me out of it in the endgame. He didn’t hit me tho, I’m not sure what he did to stop me, maybe he tried a grab?

Also in the same match I couldn’t get out. My character freezed in a standing position right at the very exit, the killer could no longer hit me, but the game didn’t let me out, I had to DC.

And something that I think may be related happened to me with the huntress. I thought it was a bug specific to her so I reported it as that, but maybe it’s an extension of this one. Here’s the report https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321926/huntress-power-not-working

I hope this gets resolved, it’s quite frustrating

• BearTrapSnap
    BearTrapSnap Member Posts: 86
    Options

This needs to be addressed. It's happening to me so much that I'm getting large DC penalties, and I'm not someone who DCs, ever. It's driving people away because it's so frequent. I find myself unsure if I even want to bother starting the game up, because I know it'll happen eventually, and it does every time, even though a few matches will usually be okay. I've done everything: my ISP has come out to check my connection, I've replaced my modem, router, wired modem directly to PC, fully reinstalled the game three times, verified files, have a stable and fast connection, Steam isn't showing any problems on their end, and finally tested a bunch of other games just to ensure this was a DBD issue. It is.

• Ayesha
    Options

My first experience with animation stuck also while repairing the generator. I think the huntress bug you have is also related to this because from my experience the stuck happened randomly during a transition between an animation (Either ability action or interaction with an object).

Most killers who rely on abilities will have a much bigger chance to trigger the bug, like Deathslinger & Huntress (Aim), Trapper (Arming Trap), etc. Also, killers are the role who suffer the most from this bug, because they host the game and whenever it happened they couldn't do anything unlike survivors that able to get grabbed (Killer grab free us from the bug most of the time), killed, or left dying without ending the match.

😥

• Ayesha
    Options

SO TRUE!

I also never DCs but this is too much and just a big waste of time, I got like 30 Mins matchmaking ban from DCs because of how often this bug has been happening.

I tried several methods like verifying and reinstalling the game but nope, this just happened only after the 5.7.0 Update so I have the alibi to blame the update here.

• Ayesha
    Options

Yup, I think it's related to this one because one of my friends happened to experience the same thing as you there a few days ago.

• Ayesha
    edited May 2022
    Options

A little story behind this I think my report got deleted somehow by whoever managed the community post, I got a bit confused as to why it did and after I create the same report the next morning the old report just came back but without status and can't be voted as you say.

• New report when it got deleted.
    • The old report just back in the next morning with no status and can't be voted back.
    • I got scared that these issues will not be fixed before the 6th anniversary live stream, they didn't even mention this game-breaking bug in their newest patch notes.

😥

• zaseca
    zaseca Member Posts: 1
    Options

i've experienced animation bug too, but without the effect to gameplay or some mechanics. This bug triggered after the game freezes for several seconds after claudette was downed and then picked up for the first hook.

• Miss_Johnny
    Miss_Johnny Member Posts: 56
    Options

yeah have it too, this match the girl got stuck in healing me while I was already healed and could interact with others. She had to dc and for the rest of the match I got 'protection points' any time I took a hit.

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2022
    Options

PC 5.7.1, I got a survivor stuck at a window when I was the killer.

After being dropped, the survivor was healed by another survivor and was moving normally.

The player of the survivor seemed to be using the same platform: PC Steam.

Post edited by Jirobeko on
  • Ayesha
    Options

Either DC or left dying depends on the situation. Sometimes the killer is able to grab or down to free us from this. Absolutely annoying to have this kind of bug that won't even let you do anything except surrender right away...

• Ayesha
    Options

I guess almost 1 week from this post has been made without any kind of acknowledgment. I just want people to rest assured that this is currently being investigated or anything, this scale of bug is really urgent from my perspective.

• Ayesha
    Options

Ahh, I also got that too while playing as the killer, vaulting randomly stuck you at the start of the animation, and if you are a survivor the killer is still able to grab or down you but for the killer, it's an instant lose when that happened.

😥

• Skyost_AB
    Skyost_AB Member Posts: 42
    Options

It even happened to me while unhooking a survivor with Leader, apparently the faster and yellow unhook bar caused a frame drop and i got stuck there, of course the killer was able to grab me because the animation never ended.

• Bunga_cantik
    Bunga_cantik Member Posts: 2
    Options

Its happened to me. In mid game got lag spike and freeze about 6 sec. That killer already hit me twice then I was in dying state but on HUD show that I was injured. On this picture i was on the hook,because of lag became like this bug

• Ayesha
    Options

God... this bug hasn't been mentioned by the 5.7.2 Known Issues. I even got bugged 3x today to know how urgent this is...

The trigger is not known to be able to be avoided like a specific killer, survivor, or even some map bug. How can I get excited for the 6th Anniversary when the game just broke from the 5.7 updates and not even a confirmation given to this day.

😥