The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How I got the Achievement Deranged Pursuit

Hi. I just got this achievement today. Rather than reiterate what needs to happen, I'll just link to this post below, which spells out what you need to do to get the achievement:

DERANGED PURSUIT NOT BUGGED

By the way, that post is 100% correct, but it is misleading. I followed that one and others like it and was misled. You don't need to "lose" the first Survivor, then try to find them again. Stay with them until you bring them down! Be patient and wait for opportunity to present itself!

I decided to focus on Deranged Pursuit pretty much since the DLC was released on Dec 11, 2018. I only had 2/25 as of four days ago. It only took me three days to get this done, basically. Once I figured this out, I knew it would work, and you'll see, too!

So, here's the trick: When you first go into Feral Frenzy, and you hit your first Survivor, hit them again, throwing you OUT of Feral Frenzy. DO NOT BREAK OFF PURSUIT AT THAT TIME! This is key. Keep the chase on until the Survivor with Deep Wound inevitably encounters another Survivor. Then, enter Feral Frenzy, hit that new Survivor, then go back and down the first one who should still be nearby. This should make sense once you think about it.

Here are some facts to consider: In a chase, the Deep Wound timer won't bleed out. Knowing that, you need to keep the Survivor in a chase as long as you can. It will also take 4 hits to bring a Survivor down in Feral Frenzy, three if you use Frank's Mix Tape. So without Frank's Mix Tape, you need to hit the Survivor twice, stay in the chase, then at some opportune time go BACK into Feral Frenzy and hit them a third time, then conclude with waiting for the Survivor to encounter another Survivor, or another Survivor to be a Boy Scout and try to take a hit for him/her.

Perks I used were Sloppy Butcher, Fire Up, Brutal Strength, and Bamboozle. The reasons should be obvious. The Survivor is going to keep running, and looping, and juking. They will drop pallets (Brutal Strength), they will juke through windows (Bamboozle), their pals will be working on generators the whole time, and you're not going to try to stop them (Fire Up). And when you do lose your prey, which you will occasionally, you will track them because they are bleeding (Sloppy Butcher). But I must add, use whatever you think would work. I'm not going to argue. Also, you can go in and out of Feral Frenzy as needed to jump over windows and pallets or to keep up with the Survivor.

Lastly, there are some cautions. The Survivor will notice that you aren't trying to bring them down, just chase them. This happened about 40% of the time, I'd say. When that happens, they'll just stand there and when you are facing them, waiting for them to run, they'll start Mending. At that point I just hit them and knock them down. That's just me. Then I find other prey and repeat the same thing. Once or twice I had a Survivor disconnect on me for "tunneling," I guess. But in my defense, I don't hook the Survivors I'm chasing. Being chased for no reason may not be fun for them, so I don't Sacrifice them. I let everyone go, in fact.

One other thing: don't be discouraged. In all the matches I started since four days ago, when I needed 23 pips, I would say in about half of them I got the 1 pip of the match at the gate area, right when they were escaping and the other Survivors were teabagging me. Thanks for clustering up! Also, I actually played about 30 matches, because some I didn't get a pip, and in two cases I got two pips during the match. You can do this!! You'll be amazed at how it does work.

I am an Achievement Hunter, and I have been at 100% on this game pretty much all the time until a new DLC comes out. If you notice, the game came out on the 11th of December. I was working that night, but had the 12th off, and got the first three Achievements done (Adept Legion, Adept Jeff, Unforgettable Getaway). Dismantle took a bit more time. I am going to work on Heavy Burden next, but to be honest, I could have gotten that one a while ago if I wanted to. Deranged Pursuit was the hardest Achievement to do, right up until I figured out the trick. Taking One for the Team is still the most difficult, I think.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited January 2019

Or you can message the survivors to farm it! That works too.

(this seems even more tedious than the Taking One For The Team lol)

@Vietfox TL:DR Chase a survivor, drop their bar so they are 1 frenzy hit away from being downed and go after them until they find another survivor, hit them and then the guy you were chasing originally

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    TL;DR
    do what the achievement tells you to do.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Grats. Bloodhound worth it?

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    Taking One For The Team may have been more difficult, but at least it was more fun.
  • Chaireth
    Chaireth Member Posts: 16

Bloodhound is not worth it. I tried it and it becomes a tangled mess.
    Consider when you break off for the 2nd Survivor, you will temporarily lose the 1st Survivor. It's harder to track them down when you see all the track marks from both of them running around. Plus any other Survivors who may be there.
    But you may have more luck with it.

• EnteWurzel
    EnteWurzel Member Posts: 25

why would you need to hit another survivor for this -.- i won't understand this.
    it yould be enough work to hit this guy in chase 3 time (or what what it needs to down one) ... ######### achievement :(

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I have already 20/25 and I didn't even hunt for it nor do I play Legion that often. Idk why people are making science about that achievement tbh
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Jigmac said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    I have already 20/25 and I didn't even hunt for it nor do I play Legion that often. Idk why people are making science about that achievement tbh

because the description is telling you to directly down someone who is affected by deep wound with frenzy instead of telling you to activate killer instinct and down someone with frenzy to someone who is affected by deep wound?

Idk, the description was weird at the release but now I'm used to all the terms. 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Worst achievement I've ever seen. So glad I'm done with it.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Jigmac said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Jigmac said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

because the description is telling you to directly down someone who is affected by deep wound with frenzy instead of telling you to activate killer instinct and down someone with frenzy to someone who is affected by deep wound?

Idk, the description was weird at the release but now I'm used to all the terms. 

Description on the achievement wasn't changed at all....

I didnt say that, I say that I got used to the new terms.