Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Haddonfield is empty man. So empty.

shelobster
shelobster Member Posts: 272

Is this real? They really left it like this with nothing but a couple of cars on the road and not a single pallet anywhere? It's like half a football field with nothing to use if you get caught out there and nothing to block lines of sight. You can see from one end of the map to the other.

Comments

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

Exactly, it's like they wanted to make many strong loops that are still unfair to killers but then also the biggest dead zones you've ever seen that are completely unfair to survivors.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I've been on there once and it was really open. Like the whole street and stuff is just open. I barely even went into the houses.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

It’s a map for stealth.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

It looks realistic. It's much better than a map like RPD in every way. No comparison.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,216

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of it either. It just feels way too empty now. That map puts Wretched Shop to shame in terms of deadzones.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

I get the impression it's supposed to go something like this: get found in the deadzone, take a hit on your way to a strong loop - loop it for as long as possible. --- Or at least that seems to be how it's going most matches on that map.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited May 2022

Dead zone in the middle, but every house has god window loops and there are like 5 hooks in the whole map.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I try and spend as little time as possible in that middle dead zone. I go around the sides.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

Well that's the thing: they're still convinced having RNG determine outcomes is really fun. You can get Haddonfield with actual pallets at all of those cars. Or you can get bad RNG and get a complete void in the center of the map

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,332

To me, the new Haddonfield Flatout feels bad to play on. Gen spawns can suck and window loop spawns can be a pain for killers if the RNG is against them. Really a case of something that looks great design-wise, but playing on it is not is a different story.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The houses are all in range of a single hit where you can then waste 3 gens of the killers time until they get the second hit in.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Survivors got way too comfy cozy with every tile being a safe tile and you could chain them together.

More maps need to be like this where you have some areas that are VERY strong and some areas that are VERY weak. I'm okay with some god houses next to a dead street.

The era of "Run to tile, loop pallet for all you can milk, drop, vault window, run to next tile, rinse and repeat" absolutely needs to come to an end.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

I don't understand the dead zone in the middle comments. I don't think I've ever been there when there has not been at least one or two pallets in between the cars in the street.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Well keep in mind there's only so much they can do with a licensed map. Granted one change I would personally like is making the street slightly narrower just ever so slightly. Admittedly though I've not experienced an issue with dead zones.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I think its more survivor sided than old haddonfield seeing as how many HUGE broken windows there are

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I'm not high MMR, they're used up pretty quickly in my games

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

For stealth, or for hidding? If you are on one of the gens on the road, there is nothing to stealth. nowhere to go to, and nothing to break line of sight and juke the killer. I prefer the stealth game, but so far, i dont see it in this map (but i only played there twice so far, so thats why i am asking for your opinion on this)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,606

It may change once the map is better known and exploited but so far I kind of like the map, both as survivor and as killer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

And you think having nothing is the way to go? I mean, there are Jokes about Killers wanting Survivors to spawn on Hooks, but thinking a Deadzone which is around 1/3rd of the Map is a great idea comes really close to this.

@Topic:

Yeah, I also dont get it. Sometimes some Pallets can spawn there, but it is also possible that you get nothing on the road. And I dont really get why it also does not provide any cover to hide behind (really, there are almost no trees) and why it has four lanes and is just so gigantic.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    edited May 2022

Yes. Absolutely. 100% I do. There should be parts of every map where there are NO RESOURCES.

The degree to which Survivor skill has increased, Dead Hard has crutched, and tiles have been chained has taken this game in a direction where the game is now nothing but looping to waste as much of the killer's time as possible until all 5 gens are done. That should not be how the game is designed at all. It's GARBAGE design.

As long as they push this mentality, Killers like Nurse and Blight will always be leagues ahead of every other Killer, and Survivor Mains will whine about every single released Killer with "anti-loop" that threats this paradigm.

So yes, I want absolute dead zones. But I also want the Fog back. I want darkness back. I want stealth to be a legit component to this game again.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

It looks like they turned that map to be completely killer sided with few unsafe pallets in the middle, terrible loops, few houses and nothing in the middle.

Killer can see from miles away which generator is being repaired and if you force survivors to drop all unsafe pallets this map is mostly a free win.

Looks like its not being tested at all. Map is the worst and should be locked again and fixed with some smart ideas, not just shitstorming crap and the designers were lazy to come up with sone interesting ideas.

I never like old Haddonfield but new one is more terrible and I just disconnect when someone uses that offering

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

I've played a bunch of games on Haddonfield on both sides, and I think it plays fair. It feels open because the dead zones are all consolidated in the middle of the map, while the sides are loaded with loops and hiding spaces, kinda like, you know, an actual neighborhood street. You should feel safer in the houses, and should feel exposed and vulnerable in the road.

Like someone else said, people are too used to having their loopable tiles just linked together. The strong loops and windows are all there, you're just gonna have to have your ass hanging out a bit when you cross from one side to the other.

I love the feel of it, how thematically appropriate it is, and how it plays to stealth. It just feels like an actual, real life environment. It's a massive improvement.