Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Freddy buff/rework was a joke i guess

i guess that freddy buff/rework the devs had talked about in 3-4 of their live streams back to back is never happening (PS i won't be replying or even see any notifications for this post because i don't stay on the forums so moderators feel free to turn off chat or even remove this post)
Have a good night campers!

Comments

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2019
    Freddy is fine. Let's focus on actual problems. The Nurse's Blink. This is a base killer we're talking about. Yet they do very little work on improving her Blink which has always been messed up
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

It hasn't happened yet so hopefully can wait a bit longer.
    Lets judge what they do cause there going back to prototype if caught that in those streams.
    They talked about it in length with not queen investigating it so don't have to worry about it as much since she cares that were knowledgable on the work.
    A new killer is like a 3 month process so there probally been splitting up time cause there doing a 2nd killer with this starting freddy over.
    Once everything is 100% changed that will be the freddy rework and if it is poor voice it out.
    But if i see no change in powers iand just number changes im gonna be pissed cause they falsely eluded to how far the changes were going.
    Im just hoping it plays like my favourite 2nd iconic killer Freddy Krueger.
    If they fail in that then there making me hate freddy and i don't like that as a fan.
    If i can't mess with people and have fun then im not freddy.
    If i can't jump from behind them and say gotcha then i ain't the king of nightmares freddy.
    If i can't control nightmares within realm then not freddy.
    I want a two killer mode not only for variety but because doctor and hag combined can make the realistic freddy build.
    I know its annoying having to wait for this but longer it goes gotta hope its got to be good.
    So probally hope comes before next killer but it will probally be after since by sheer volume of work.
    Also by what they said there working on can see why its becoming a slow process.
    1. Bi Weekly Cosmetics With Animations for Killers
    2. Mystery Gamemode with own lobbies
    3. Escape Focused Endgame
    4. Dynamic Gameplay Events (They said halloween event have this and find only thing different was the objective wasn't on all the gens)
    5. Working with past licensers on cosmetic/earnable dlc options.
    6. Dedicated Servers
    7. New Chapter Dlc
    8. Freddy Full Rework
    I gather the work can be done alongside 3 killers being made beside them and seems they got serious about the changes around time worked on spirit . (spirit, legion, and ????)

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    edited January 2019

Don't need to fix what isn't broke.
    \ _ ( ' _ ' ) _ /

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I'm excited for the Freddy rework, I don't know how they'll re-release him though. Will we get a seperate PTB for him, will it be with the new killer, will we even get to test out the new changes? No one respects Freddy right now so it'll be great if he actually puts fear into the Survivors again, hell making a Fear mechanic similar to Doc's Insanity would be cool too.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I hope they'll release the rework with the next chapter or in it's mid-chapter update. Seems possible, at least I hope

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I hope they don't change him too much. I have leaned to love him as he is  :)
    You only need practice, that is all. Now I consistenly get to rank 1 playing as him. I have a blast everytime, but that's because I am a Freddys fanboy since the '90 
  • LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    Same here. Im Rank 1 and still use Freddy to 4K. Never had an issue with him. In fact im really good with him and never understood why people struggle so much using him. It amazes me how much people ######### about facing freddy yet classify him as trash tier! Yes i understand that he has the weakest power. However when used unpredictably amd with the right add ons Freddy is a savage and frusterating killer to survive against and really fun to play AS HE IS!!
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@davidps4DBD said:
    Freddy is fine. Let's focus on actual problems. The Nurse's Blink. This is a base killer we're talking about. Yet they do very little work on improving her Blink which has always been messed up

She needs no buffs.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

If we're talking about killers that actually need a rework, Leatherface and Legion are standing right there. Freddy is a hard to play killer with amazing payoff if you can master his more subtle abilities.

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    I'm saying Nurse's power is glitchy af. And unattended like they don't care they keep churning out half baked killers and never go back to do any fine tuning.

sorry, overdramatic, but nurse needs new programming, not new skins
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    They talk about it and hope you forgot about it when a new chapter gets released  
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Yup. It's not coming. You might as well stop holding your breath.
  • SuperPrincessChaser
    SuperPrincessChaser Member Posts: 107

I am another of the ones that seem to be fine with Freddy how he is. I mean I haven't gotten back to Rank 1 since the reset, sitting at 6, but I've been playing him without Add-Ons since the reset and it's actually made me appreciate what his power does. If you can keep everyone asleep you can make it so no progress gets done. I also wish I played all the games against Freddy people always seem to play where the Skill Checks to wake up are plentiful and Freddy never sees a single kill. In all the matches I play against him we either barely escape or no one does. He's different and does need some tweaking, but I don't think he's a bad Killer.

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

They literally talked about working on Freddy in the last stream. Does no one pay attention? No, they did not give a date, so it could be forever, but they are indeed testing changes for him.

It was very brief in the stream, and I believe it came about in regards to bugs on the PTB. I THINK someone said that Freddy's movement speed was slow after pulling someone into the dream world. And the Devs said that that was a change they had been testing internally due to other changes they were testing with Freddy.

None of that is a direct quote but its the general idea. Not sure why its taking so long, I'm assuming because he is really really low priority now, but they are testing changes for him internally.

• RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93

I am a Freddy main and I have said this forever. I main him because I love Freddy's movies and love him as he is all the same. but with that being said I do think he needs to be changed because he is not Freddy as his powers have nothing to do with Freddy and more to do with the Sandman. I hope that they actually pay attention to the movies and use his ability to change the dream around the survivors to produce kills. The survivors should be in the dream from the start and your battle is to escape and wake up by exiting the gates. he should be able to minipulate the actual things that survivors interact with to mess with them left and right. Freddy is a joker and should be treated as such. The king of dreams

• LightsOut88
    Kate Kreuger

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@LightsOut88 said:
    Kate Kreuger

L E W D
    E
    W
    D

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

i guess that freddy buff/rework the devs had talked about in 3-4 of their live streams back to back is never happening (PS i won't be replying or even see any notifications for this post because i don't stay on the forums so moderators feel free to turn off chat or even remove this post)
    Have a good night campers!

The Freddy buff is a killer issue so bhvr takes their sweet time as usual.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I will happily wait for the rework. I just hope we don't get same narcolepsy power we currently have.
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

what are you talking about?! He got a rework! You can now see his leg when he breaks pallets now!

• killthemall
    killthemall Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    He seems faster 
  • RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93

Please Devs just give us an update of how it is going and an APROX date of release. now I know if you give a date and don't meet it the community will lose their minds so keep it vague on release but close.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

@LightsOut88 said:
    Same here. Im Rank 1 and still use Freddy to 4K. Never had an issue with him. In fact im really good with him and never understood why people struggle so much using him. It amazes me how much people ######### about facing freddy yet classify him as trash tier! Yes i understand that he has the weakest power. However when used unpredictably amd with the right add ons Freddy is a savage and frusterating killer to survive against and really fun to play AS HE IS!!

You shouldn't have to rely on having the right add-ons before a class can work because that is not a sustainable way to play a class.

• LightsOut88
    You can still win without add-ons. I never said you "needed" them. Only ppl who suck at Freddy say he "doesnt work" or isnt sustainable. Against a disorganized team or even small swfs you can still be a overwhelming force w freddy. Freddy fails against full swf teams on mics or against players who simpmy play well as a team (which most survivors dont) because his power relies on keeping the survivors in a chaotic state and seperated from one another. The only broken part of Freddy is self care wake up BS
  • Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

@LightsOut88 said:
    . The only broken part of Freddy is self care wake up BS

I'd be happy if they removed that^ and implemented this:

Similar to how you can pull Survivors that aren't in the dream world out of closets and into the dream world, Being able to pull Survivors trying to de-hook an ally off the hook and into the dream world would be fantastic.

And / or a Survivor who isn't in the dream world who is trying to de-hook an ally is temporarily placed in the dream world only while de-hooking so you can at least strike them during their rescue attempt. Having to initiate the dream transition on the rescuer before placing the now de-hooked survivor into the dream world is a bit of a cop out as it makes it absolutely zero risk to de-hook vs Freddy.