Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blood Point gains are horrendous and it needs to be fixed now.

Everytime we have a double Blood Point event it makes the game bearable with the amount of BP you can earn. I feel like the Double BP is the amount that should be full time. There are just too many perks and too many items in each blood web at lv50 if you have most or all unlockables. This needs to be adressed now as the problem is only going to get worse over time. Both sides need more blood points as perks and add ons are far to hard to acquire.

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

No, imo, game's economy is almost perfect in terms of items, addons and offerings.

The only problem with the game is the grind for the perks which should have been addressed after the clown patch. You need to put hundreds of hours into the game in order to play the characters you want. It is not that problematic for the survivor side but being able to play all killers requires just too much work.

When they did that winter solistce event in which you could buy gift boxes, I had literally 5 ebony mori 3 blink nurse matches in a row. After that I decided to play the killers and then almost every single match, survivors brought keys. It shouldn't happen all the time.

Again, the only problem is the perk grind and I hope they will address it soon.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Use BBQ & Chili or We're Gonna Live Forever if you want your bloodpoints doubled?

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

I am not a legacy 'long time player'. Though I have read numerous times that blood point gains were much worse and things took much longer than they do now. Would be neat to have a side by side comparison. Might give those of us wanting more blood points per match to appreciate what we have now.

I do agree with you. It will become more difficult to keep everything unlocked especially for brand new players or if you prestige a character. Perhaps they will change something in the future.

What they could and in my opinion should do is allow some sort of system to 'upgrade' unwanted add on's and offerings by combining same rarity. Or an option to sell add on's and offerings back that we don't want for less blood points of course.

There are features they could add to help with blood point gains, but we will have to see what they do.

You can always use 'WGLF' and 'BBQ' to boost your blood point gains every match if you have them.

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

I used to be upset about not getting the perk I want after having to go through about 150 bloodwebs in order to get all the perks in the game before I got Barbecue 'n' Chili on Michael. But, the grind made me a better killer and now I have it so I don't really care that much.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Considering it takes 2-3 matches to clear a level, things feel pretty good for me anyway. Its a grind and half the point of progression is earning it. It spaces the time from starting to maximizing loadouts. 
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I finished P3 on Jeff about 2 weeks ago. About 15x over the P3 level 50 on him, and I seriously only have 3 perks at Tier 3 as far as decent perks that could make any of the builds I want. I haven't even gotten Urban Evasion on Tier 1 yet. This grind is far worse than normal. I have to wonder if I just have horrid luck or if decent perks are just harder to come by after prestiging (plus the additional BP cost of all the rare + items). It's outright painful. Having to farm with Claudette just to keep trying to make a P3 lvl 50 character viable is questionable. It almost makes me want to go back to killer main for a bit (almost... not quite that desperate yet).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I feel like it's fine.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

What would be better is if they used an algorythm to see which perks you used more often and increased the chance of those perks showing up in your bloodweb. I hate spending bp on crap perks I will never use.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

To fully prestige and get every perk on one killer (currently 54 killer perks in game I believe), you need to complete 362 blood webs, minimum. That is INSANE. And that is just for one killer! I agree, we should be able to earn more BP normally, or Party Streamers, Escape Cake and Survivor Puddings need to show up WAY more often in the blood web, and get rid of the stupid 50%/75% bonus from X category because you most likely spend more on the offering than you willl earn with it.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Survivor is even worse. It is one of the reasons I dispise playing survivor. Killer bp is much better.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    What do you guys want? Got all perks and P3 characters after just 10 hours? Like, #########
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Im glad survivors are just skins so only 1 survivor is needed to perk out. Killers in other hand can be a chore if dont have bbq on your favourite killer.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Increasing the blood point gain is not the solution, otherwise you'll just see people constantly just running around with very rare and ultra rare items and addons. The rate at which you get addons and items is totally fine. The problem is the rate at which you get perks. I feel like there needs to be much more perks per Bloodweb and you should have the ability to unlock multiple perks per Bloodweb.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    The wise choice, which I didn’t make for survivor but I did for killer, is to unlock only those perks you want. That way you will have those perks at tier 3 before you even make it to lvl30.
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

Hot Take: Perks shouldn't be tiered. Every perk should just be its level three version.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

@Delfador
    @ad19970
    @AntiJelly

Those 3 comments ^. That's basically the whole picture.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Without the grind what else is there to aim for?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

To get any character to P3 level 50, it takes about 3mil-3.5mil blood points give or take.

Back in 2016 if you've ever seen the older blood webs that was probably doubled the amount it is now. The system has come a long way in my opinion. A grind is a grind after all, it gives you something to work towards rather than be handed it.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@FireHazard said:
    To get any character to P3 level 50, it takes about 3mil-3.5mil blood points give or take.

Back in 2016 if you've ever seen the older blood webs that was probably doubled the amount it is now. The system has come a long way in my opinion. A grind is a grind after all, it gives you something to work towards rather than be handed it.

I needed 120k bloodpoints for a single level on my 50+ Dwight, back in the day.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@se05239 said:

@FireHazard said:

I needed 120k bloodpoints for a single level on my 50+ Dwight, back in the day.

I've seen the old blood webs and let me tell you, that doesn't sound far from the truth lmao.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

Eh, I don't know. The grind can be a bit annoying but on Saturday night playing as survivor (and admittedly doing 3-4 rituals) I think I ended up getting about 650K bloodpoints just from using up my items and offerings etc.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

As others said the problem is not with with BPs in general but with the growing amount of perks that makes obtaining them a grind-hell. At level 50 you need about 180k to get a tier 3 perk. That's kind of crazy.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Part of the reason people get such low points is they end the game too quickly, imo.

Can't score if you don't give yourself time to.

Gen rushing, snorting up kills, the less you do, the less you score.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I think WGLF and the Point portion of BBQ should be passive perks for everyone. They should be built into the BP system.

Then if killers want the aura reading portion of BBQ, then they need to take the actual perk for it. WGLF is just for points anyways.

For survivors though, they need to lower the amount for escaping, and spread decreased amount over the other mechanics like breaking chases, healing, unhooking and sabo.