My BF is getting hackers in 50%+ of his matches, why and what can he do?

So I’m currently staying with my bf, we have been together for awhile and he doesn’t usually play while we’re together but I’ve been working from his home and so he plays while I’m busy.

im not even exaggerating when I say 50%+ ,he would post himself but he’s banned for talking about something he shouldn’t on the forums as he forgot it was against rules (won’t say more about it as it’s against rules) and I won’t name him

what can he do? It’s like he’s being targeted for no reason, he gets hold hostage, he can’t even go after non hackers either as the hackers won’t let him. These hackers aren’t even trying to hide it, he’s also on console which makes recording, storing, uploading and sharing these incredibly hard and the reporting system is clearly not up to par.

why are hackers so freely able to play? There’s no point in him playing and he’s getting annoyed and physically can’t play a normal game…. He’s been playing your game since the release and this is what he gets.

(don’t say turn cross play off, that’s not a fix and lobbies would take him ages to the point it’s not worth loading the game up.

Comments

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137

Can quit the game and go play Civ V. I heard it's awesome. BHVR will not do anything about it since they are busy playing hockey.

Meanwhile, enjoy this video and shows how that they been playing their game.

• Spookybat8930
    Spookybat8930 Member Posts: 56

I’m not surprised he plays it so little now, I just assumed he was exaggerating like some people do but seeing first hand I’m surprised he still supports the game the way he does.

glad he’ll be playing other games, this shouldn’t be a thing in a game period. Especially one this size

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695

The game, in its current state, may as well not have anti-cheat.

He can report them with video evidence (looking at 20+ minutes per report as you need to jump through hoops to even do so).

If he's being targeted like this, he's probably not going to get adequate help from BHVR - he may want to reach out to the platform that these people are playing on (if you know....if not, OH WELL) and let them know, too, with evidence.

I'd suggest checking my most recent topic - it highlights the lack of an effective reporting system.

The devs can surely do something about it, but they seem, at least in this moment, content to let the cheating and abuse continue (I'm assuming the issue hasn't been blown up publicly with any major outlets yet - I can 100% guarantee that it soon will be - and it isn't hurting revenue).

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

I actually needed to take a break myself because of the horrible teammates and hackers lately. I started getting really stressed and aggravated in RL over a silly game. Two things he can do. One, tell him to take a break (yes, this actually works wonders!) and number two, if he's on console, tell him to turn off Cross-Play.

Now before anyone jumps on this comment, please know that hackers/ cheaters still exist on console. I'm a PSN user and I've had a few experiences with console hackers. The odds of running into one though are extremely slim but cheating is still a big business.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

Well that's interesting OP. Because I'm getting them in the other 50% too! I think that means, with your 50% and my 50%, if our powers combine.. we are Captain Pl.. wait, waht

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This is the best advice. If your not having fun it defeats the purpose of playing a game. It's also the only way bhvr will fix anything. Nothing says urgent like losing money.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

The only thing I know to do is report them. Maybe if you or your BF could stream the matches so there is video evidence of it happening it might be able to help escalate the hackers getting removed. I rarely get in a match with a hacker killer but when I do they always just meme and take all the survivors to the exit gate when they've had their fun. I can see how it would be annoying if it happens half the time though.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited May 2022

A strange game.

The only way to avoid hackers is not to play.

• Spookybat8930
    edited May 2022

edited because comment duplicated

Post edited by Spookybat8930 on
  • Spookybat8930
    edited May 2022

edited because comment duplicated

• Spookybat8930
    edited May 2022

Edited due to comment duplicating

• Spookybat8930

He did take a break though, he hadn’t played in weeks and then the past few days have just been filled with clear as day hackers and no cross play isn’t an option for him as the lobbies would take 20mins just for a game to last 5, and I don’t think that’s fair

i can’t imagine that will do anything, he’s just one player and when he describes these issues and I had seen first hand it’s truly disgusting.

he’s excited for evil dead, he enjoyed the beta so I guess he’ll move to that, he’s been on dbd since we met many years ago it’s a shame his only choice is to drop it.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Honestly nothing he can do on that situation. I usually go after everyone else and leave them be.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695

A lot of people are going to try Evil Dead - I'm hoping it's good.

• Spookybat8930

Well the people hacking could just blind him from anywhere on the map and could just insta heal everyone too so he physically could do anything even against the non hackers

we enjoyed it, met a lot of friendly people in the beta. It’s different to DBD but we had a good laugh once we got the hang of it, might take some grinding though XD