Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Postal 1 inspired killer perks

If anyone's played Postal 1 here then they'll know just how insanely different it is. For the past couple months I've been really interested with the game and since I got bored earlier, I decided to make a couple perks inspired from it. (DISCLAIMER, these may get edgy if you don't know what Postal 1 is, but they're filled with references for those who know what it is. Nonetheless, this Disclaimer's pretty much just me trying to dodge looking like an edgelord)

Anyway, since Postal 1 has little horror elements that make it special, I thought tryna bring some of that into DBD would be cool. Gimme your thoughts on the perks or Postal!

POSTAL Inspired Perks:

Postal

Rid the ill and insane from paradise

When a survivor loses a health state, they scream, any survivor within 32m of the screaming survivor will gain the Exposed status effect for 60 seconds, also screaming

Population Pressure

The stress of modern life has caused an increase within violent tendencies

Whenever you are chasing a survivor, those within your terror radius will have their aura revealed to you while they remain inside of it. After they leave it, their aura remains shown for another 3 seconds.

Rampage

Blessed are the meek for they make easy targets

Upon hooking a survivor, all injured survivors become Broken for 60 seconds and will suffer the Hemorrhage Status Effect until healed

Celestial Gardener

Silk Suits shall dress the dead as rodents are policed for gnawing the garden that is this world

When a survivor has been repairing on a generator for 15 seconds, that generator's aura will become yellow until they stop repairing it

Comments

• MechanicalWolf
    MechanicalWolf Member Posts: 48

I do think that Population Pressure and Celestial Gardener may be a tad bit too powerful. Otherwise, I do like the concept of these Perks based on POSTAL. I was actually coming up with some perk concepts as well and was hoping someone could give me their opinion on them.

Hex: No Regrets

If a healthy survivor is in protection hit range of a injured survivor, attacking the healthy survivor will put them in the dying state. This effect lasts until the related Hex totem is cleansed. "I regret nothing." ~ Postal Dude

Scrouge Hook: Endless Struggle

No matter which state on hook, survivor will be forced to struggle and have another survivor help them. "He appears to be trapped inside his own mind, in an endless struggle against himself."

Speed Demon

When not in a chase, your movement speed is increased by 2/4/6% until all generators are repaired. "Guns don't kill people, I do." ~ Postal Dude

Hopefully in the future more people look into a concept chapter for POSTAL.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277

Thanks for the feedback and love your ideas! Always great to see another POSTAL fan. I don't know how they would fit Dude into the game seeing how safe modern RWS plays it, but nonetheless the idea is always interesting, especially Postal 1.

I love all the perk ideas, especially No Regrets and Endless Struggle looks like some insane early or endgame pressure. I do fear that Speed Demon could be exploited by looking at the ground or moonwalking in chase, but then again I guess it would be obvious to those who notice what you're doing. Great ideas though!