Killer is unplayable

ezmindgames
ezmindgames Member Posts: 54
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

Nice i get 1 hook and 3 gens already done, i camp and get body blocked by all 3 people, Hex ruin gone in first minute of game, endgame = 2 hooks and 4 escapes. Nothing wrong with killer i should just get better playing against survivors who are probably rank 1 while im still ASH 3

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killers are masochists, so they like all the stress and pain they get from playing killers. Look at Albert Fish.

• ezmindgames

Fine if i have to ill record a game tomorrow and see just how fast all gens get completed

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

You should be getting at least one kill before the exit gates are powered. I fully agree that's impossible to get 12 hooks, but if you are failing to get less then 4-5 regularly, then you are doing something wrong. The bigger issue is most matches, the killer gets 1 kill by the time all the generators are finished. They then camp the last survivor to death, for a total of 2 kills. Typically getting 5-6 hooks, and 2 kills. The devs consider 2 kills, as baseline for a balanced killer and see no issue with their power, and thus they remain as they are.

• ezmindgames

Its impossible to play perfectly even for top killers, especially for my MMR because i spend little to no time playing killer (obvious reasons) . Giving out pointers is like saying, you could've gotten kills if you stopped time and thought for about a minute or more so you can take in all the info you get.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I think that's because survivors are less whiny than killers to be honest.

• ezmindgames

Well technically its playable, but it being frustrating and unfun discourages you from playing it.

• Firebird1
    Firebird1 Member Posts: 8

Killer is not unplayable. Killers can still succeed.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Every game that you get stomped or stomp is a failure of the matchmaking, it's on BHVR to fix it.

• ezmindgames

I play soloq and i think its ok, its just that survivors get too greedy and try to escape with everyone instead of letting the last person die

• ezmindgames
    edited May 2022

Scarcasm aside, It really is, they made an MMR system which makes them put you against players that are meant to be close to your skill level, if you stomp someone or someone stomps you then theres clearly a skill difference

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

This is the truth; I could win the vast majority of my killer matches, but it wouldn't be much fun for anyone involved.

Some say that killer is has never been easier, and there is some truth to that, but the caveat is that you have to play a certain way for that to be the case.

And that sucks.

• Firebird1
    Firebird1 Member Posts: 8

Getting at least 1 kill minimum should be easy. You should remember to break chase if the survivor is in a strong area or the survivor is a good looper. Smart killers will actively target the weak links in the survivor team and leave the strong links for later. Creating dead zones near generators are also very important as well.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Good survivors will do just gens if you camp so nope basement bubba is not that viable or playable. For me most matches are playable thought as killer but not all matches are fun. Killer is lot more frustating role usually than survivor so that can make it feel like unplayable. Most my matches I get 7-10 hooks so that's enough for me and debending on match and which stragedy I use it's 1-4K.

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58

Git gud

• ezmindgames

Im being placed against people who have 2-3k hours in this game and while that might not mean anything skill wise its always extra information you have, more experience and smarter thinking. I have only 800 hours in this game and 90% of that time i spent playing survivor.

I check some of their profiles and see that they have screenshots of being rank 1 in many different seasons, highest ive ever been was green 3 or something

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited May 2022

Nothing wrong with hyperbole in this context because the OP is purely having a whinge about unfun game experience, with a small jab at matchmaking.

They aren’t asking for nerfs or raging about gross “rebalancing” or using it as reasoning for being crappy to others.

Unplayable may be an overstatement resulting from frustration which they addressed to some extent when it was pointed out to them.

I say whinge away as frankly this game has some shoddy play lately, for both sides, and I don’t feel MMR has addressed it very well either.

• ezmindgames

I dont know another word for this but its just soo unfun and boring that i cant be asked to play which is a shame because the powers and differences in gameplay are really fun but its not that fun when you cant do much with them because the game forces you to play really sweaty to have a chance at doing anything . Getting really good hits with Billys chainsaw or nemesis tentacle is really satisfying and feels rewarding until you have the game end in 5 minutes with survivors pointlessly BMing you and not letting you have any fun

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137

You're wrong. This is actually a horror game. For Killers

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited May 2022

I get it. I didn't mean to undermine the topic by calling it a whinge. I've had a whinge on these forums more than once myself, its cathartic sometimes.

I think what got missed by some of the replies is that you don't mean literally unplayable but feels unplayable because you often don't enjoy it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my interpretation.

Yeah if its not much fun then its akin to being unplayable.

A lot of people on this forum won't understand this statement but winning does not always equal fun.

I've won plenty of games of DBD that I've found annoying and while it can be satifying it's often not much fun. A run of games like that is usually when I decide to play something else for a bit. It should be fun not tedious but there is a lot of tedium built into the gameplay of DBD.

Mechanically I wouldn't say killer is unplayable, but I do find for the casual gamer like myself the current MMR spawned a form of twisted uber competitive DBD that I'm not a big fan of. It was always there but it felt less in your face under the old MM system.

Maybe because the old system was more representative of time spent online rather than "skill" so there were enough potatoes, even at high ranks, to exploit and keep games feeling only mildly competitive. Now it kinda feels like your reward for doing well, especially as killer, is you keep get ever increasing levels of competitive sweat and player unpleasantness as you go up.

Team mates scream at you for not hyper focusing on gens, then scream about NOED because they didn't bother with totems all game, they scream at the killer for not playing how they wanted them to, killers scream at survivors because they feel bullied when often its just grossly mismatched games and on and on it goes. Everyone plays like their life depends on it and there are razor thin margins for error with games over in a flash either steamrolling one way or the other, I often find that unplayable.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Some killers are just better than others in the current meta.

You need to find one you enjoy that suits the meta.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That's not a balance issue. You are a new killer and they are organized and know what they are doing. The same group was probably leveled flat in a previous game by an experienced Blight with several slowdown perks.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

lol, yea, all the camping, tunneling, nerf XXX killer threads as well as end game chat say otherwise.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

If you give up as soon as you lose 2-3 gens then that's entirely a you problem

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Those 2 examples are the same.

Bad teammates and bad teammates.

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115

Yeah. I picked up killer about 1,500 hours into the game after maining survivor expecting to just get ######### on based on what I see online and it's exactly the opposite. Sometimes I get my butt kicked but most matches are completely one-sided in my favor as killer. Perhaps because it's easier because I'm so intimately familiar with how survivors play and run tiles, but I rarely have issues playing killer. Since MMR dropped I almost exclusively play killer now because Solo Q is a joke. Wish I had friends to play with, but solo is just not fun anymore, but at least I'm having a blast as killer. I loved Legion before and this rework is super nice and I love him even more now.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

mmr is tracking average and this game mostly going one sided depends on who ######### their pants first

maybe you just had a bad day

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I would say that's absolutely false. Survivor just have their squad to complain to each other and validate each other's complains while killer look for outside validation and like-minded people in places like this forum.

Roughly 50% of all survivors play in atleast a two person swf group and can exchange their complains with each other and probably don't need to further express them to other people here.

That's also my reasoning why the forum are occupied with more killer than survivor "mains" plus the other half of all users here are probably player that play both sides.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited May 2022

I would say "killer has never been easier" was at its peak of validity before SBMMR and hit validations. Since then it went a bit backwards.

And what i also would like to point about that statement is that "never been easier" in relation to the broken stuff since release has never been equal to "is easy".

Edit: Comparable to, somebody could run a marathon with 50kg on my back, lose 40kg over the years and it is still harder than for the other runners without extra weight, but has "never been easier" for them until then. But in the last months bhvr has put 5kg back on the backs of killers.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619
    edited May 2022

It's so true yesterday I was surprised because I had so much fun I was laughing out loud. In the post game chat one survivor said he had a lot of fun too.

Trapper game, the Game map, I was doing a Rift then progressively increased the aggression and loudly focused on tricking survivors to fall into traps.

Only the most experienced one died (6k hours, how did I get him into my lobby?) but I had no intention of winning. I was having to much fun.

• Ghostflame92
    Ghostflame92 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2022

theres another thread in this forum asking for no way out not to activate once the killer closes hatch; i think survivors are plenty whiny. that being said, you're not wrong to believe that many killers are also just as whiny.

back to the point of this topic: i think this falls into the mmr paradox. if OP is consistently getting bullied/gen rushed like he claims, then eventually his mmr will drop to the point where he can handle the survivors. this is what is supposed to happen with sbmm. i will agree that it doesnt happen every time, and it sure feels like i get punished for winning far more often than getting rewarded for losing, but for the most part, it's been my experience that the new mmr changes theyve added since the testing week seem to work. i'm not at the highest of mmrs, and i was still able to brute force my way from red 3 to red 1 in about 3-4 hours this past weekend. all this while using ghostface, who even with the re-works is still considered a low tier, M1 killer. OP Can do this too, especially if he is losing as much as he thinks he is, because eventually he will play against survivors who are at his skill level. i would advise letting everyone go even at that point, continue getting 0 kills except for when survivors dont unhook/kill themselves on hook. dont even bother camping or securing for the 1k at the endgame. youre not playing to win right now, you're playing to learn. when you get the hang of killer in general (and specifically the killer you are using), then you can start going for wins again.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Killers who don't tryhard sweaty and use the cheesiest most broken mechanics (Nurse, Good Blights...) will have a tough time. Also, SOLO QUEUE survivor is a NIGHTMARE.

I play high mmr solo queue, I can't stand to play more than a couple matches in a row.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2022

Yeah dont think about getting better at the game. Its unplayable LUL