We need a CANCEL button

The endless infinite loading bug needs to be addressed, it's just gotten so bad and I think it'll be even worse in 2.5.

Why can't such a simple thing be addressed? I'm not even asking to make all loading screens work. I realize DCs and connection problems are real. But surely if the load fails after a set amount of pings the game can auto stop it and drop you back into the menu screen?

Or better yet, give us a CANCEL button so that if nothing is happening we can just press that and we go back to menu.

It's such a small, super easy to implement quality of life fix, but it's absolutely essential because I don't want to spend my evening in the task manager, I want to spend it in the game.

Comments

• The_Killer_Legacy
    The_Killer_Legacy Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2019
    I dislike that Cancel idea, BUT I do agree that the game should have a time limit for connections.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The cancel button is Alt F4

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    The quality of life. Alt F4 means you go baci to desktop and restart the game. A cancel or timeout saves you all that loading..
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@Master said:

Doesnt work on the infinite loading screen, you have to actually close the process from task manager

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Ryuhi said:

@Master said:

Doesnt work on the infinite loading screen, you have to actually close the process from task manager

Well seems you found a workaround already.
    I'd prefer if bhvr actually fixed the problem instead of using bandaid tape as they usually do
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

Cancel button could just mean people loading and DCing in the loading screen left and right. I would be on board if it appeared only after a certain amount of time, like 2 minutes or something. Otherwise it would be exploitable. Also, if the game crashes for you or for someone else and you end up having to close the game, YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OFFERING BACK.

• nomorevideos
    nomorevideos Member Posts: 75

@Master said:
    Ryuhi said:

@Master said:

Well seems you found a workaround already.
    I'd prefer if bhvr actually fixed the problem instead of using bandaid tape as they usually do

EPIC bro.

spend 2 mins alt tabbed before you realize the match isn't loading
    close the game via TM
    reopen the game, wait 15 seconds for it to launch
    wait another 5 seconds before you can skip the ######### cutscene
    wait another 5 seconds for the title screen to load and for the "PLS DONT TURN OF UR PEE CEE" message to ######### off
    press a key and finally load into the main menu
    join lobby
    red ping
    leave
    wait another 6 seconds to be able to join another lobby
    it's another infinite loading screen

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69

@Mochan said:
    The endless infinite loading bug needs to be addressed, it's just gotten so bad and I think it'll be even worse in 2.5.

Why can't such a simple thing be addressed? I'm not even asking to make all loading screens work. I realize DCs and connection problems are real. But surely if the load fails after a set amount of pings the game can auto stop it and drop you back into the menu screen?

Or better yet, give us a CANCEL button so that if nothing is happening we can just press that and we go back to menu.

It's such a small, super easy to implement quality of life fix, but it's absolutely essential because I don't want to spend my evening in the task manager, I want to spend it in the game.

How about a lobby selection just like other games? you go to a lobby list which ONLY shows how many players are in it. for example if the lobby is only filled with 2 players it will show like

Players: 2/4

But Doesnt Show what the Killer is Using or the map. (its kind of confusing but you get my point)
    And also some lobby will only appear based on your rank.