Why is no one talking about the meta shake up?

dbd900bach
dbd900bach Member Posts: 680

This is honestly the BIGGEST thing talked about it the stream and its not happening next year or in the distant future, its happening SOON.

They are changing and reworking a lot of perks, including the meta one's that all survivors and killers use. After years of the same thing, the game will finally change and pave way for a new meta.

However this does not guarantee that it will be a good meta though, though I hope people won't immediately get upset because their favorite crutch perk is gone

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Hopefully there not just nerfing meta perks alot.

Hopefully the nerf on meta perks are minor

But then they raise the roof for other perks.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

because I honestly have no faith the 40 perks they are changing will mix up the meta

knowing how it is meta perks will be nerfed and then there is nothing truly reliable

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

2 of my worries:

BBQ being changed when IMHO it's completely fine

NOED wasn't mentioned in the list of perks that are constantly seen (despite it being one of the most popular perks pick rate wise).

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Can't wait for them to delete all gen defence perks and then watch the kill statistics drop below 50% :)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,375

There's not a lot to talk about since we have no idea the actual changes they are looking to make. I imagine once the perk changes get posted there will be more to discussion.

Personally I don't have high hopes the devs will tackle it right. Corrupt Intervention and BBQ are balanced perks they mentioned, but their usage is high because no other perk does what they do. BBQ has alternatives to tracking survivors before/after a hook, but none of them provide the BP bonus.

Corrupt is the only perk that really does anything for the killer at the start in the game when most killers really need the help. Corrupt wouldn't be needed if the devs ever followed through on their early game system they mentioned and then decided to not develop.

The devs have also done previous perk buffs that often barely did anything to make bad perks better so it's hard to be hopefully there will be much of a shake up.

DBD could use a gameplay shake up combined with a perk shake up since survivor objective could be made more engaging, but we know the devs aren't doing that.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

People are talking about it but since there's no details there's not much to say other than "Oh, cool! I wonder what the changes are like?"

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Because they should be announcing the "small baseline gameplay adjustments" first, before any mentions of meta nerfs were ever talked about. And, they shouldn't be small. We need massive changes to core strategies/base kit things for both roles.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited May 2022

Nobody is talking about it because, as usual, there were no details given and all they said was “soon™“. We have no idea when or if there will be any changes made. The whole announcement was a giant nothingburger.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

We have no idea what it actually means is a major reason I imagine

Right now anyone talking about how they're going to kill XYZ or buff ABC and make survivor even worse or make survivor super overpowered or make killer even worse or make killer super overpowered is throwing themselves into a blind panic

We have the vaguest of vague hints about what's going to happen (namely 40ish perks are going to be changed in some way and some fashion). Unless I missed something in the streaming thing, that's literally everything we have to go on about the Meta Shakeup coming.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144

Meta perks don't need to be touched. The weaker perks need to be buffed or work better to coincide with other perks

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

They need to touch both.

If you only nerf the meta and all perks just suck, that's bad.

If you only buff weak perks, for the most part they still won't compete with the existing meta unless they are buffed to a point of being too strong or abusable. This is what happened with boil over and COH, and both had to be nerfed.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144

I disagree. Some meta perks work as they were designed to do like Dead Hard or Borrowed Time for example. What else can they do to nerf Dead Hard that wouldn't make it unusable. How about buffing or reworking Spring Burst to make it to where you need to press the action button to use it and slow the speed down or how long you can use it so it can be an alternative to Dead Hard.