This right here is exactly why I left DBD…

Options
Mileena_Kahn
Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

People will find ANYTHING to complain about on the survivor’s side. The killers cried until COH became useless despite the perk going threw a few changes already, DS got a hard nerf thanks to killer main complaints, and now Dead Hard is probably next on the chopping block. But wait… How can the same people complaining about all of these Single perks fail to realize the killer side has things that are probably far worse that haven’t been fixed even though they’ve been BIG issues?

HUG TECH

SLUGGING UNTIL BLEED OUT

ALCHEMIST RING

BUBBA FACECAMPING

NOED

TUNNELING

These are just a few I named that have been a big issue and it feels like the devs haven’t even put in an effort to address these problems.

Comments

• Mileena_Kahn
    Options

Not a chance, haven’t touched it in a month and don’t see a reason to get back on so far.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Options

To an extent, yeah. COH didn’t need to go through this many changes, it went through 3 if you include the PTB change, and DS is still viable but the nerf it got was pretty hard core in my opinion.

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762
    Options

Exactly, DBD players are very talented in the art of complaining, people will cry over anything and everything, no one side is more responsible for it than the other.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Yup, that's the forums for you.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I dislike the DBD community for a multitude of reasons but having an opinion I don't share is not one of them, because if it was, there would be no community I could associate with.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited May 2022
    Options

I just main killer now. It’s easy mode. Can’t beat them? join them. They know what they’re doing and it’s working.

• phant0mthi3f
    phant0mthi3f Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2022
    Options

If fighting games didn't standardize bugs and techs they wouldn't have combos. A main feature of fighting games. Shut the front door. Cry more in your swf while you can still abuse coh and dh

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

I'm gonna laugh if they actually make noed stronger somehow

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 323
    Options

it feels like they picked the most commonly typed perks because some of them sound outdated. in my opinion self care is not meta anymore. camaraderie coh or even a medkit are much better than self care. iron will was meta mainly against spirit. decisive strike is a meta perk only because tunneling is meta, just like corrupt intervention is meta because early game is extremely bad for killer. and barbecue & chili is not even a good perk, it's only meta against the terrible grind xD i guess they're nerfing it along with the grind to balance.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

That's what happened when they changed Ruin ages ago, so who knows.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 2022
    Options

Don't linger on your way out.

No, seriously. Don't.

Edit: Sidenote, you finally getting some upvotes.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144
    Options

I really just can't think of how you can nerf DH anymore. It works as it should and sometimes it really doesn't. It all comes down to timing with DH.

What I hate about this game is that you get enough Killers to complain about something and it's nerfed within the next patch. If survivors complain about something being overpowered then it's completely overlooked. That's why we have to faith in BHVR to commit to their word about making this game more fun and enjoyable because they only cater to Killers

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Are you high? And where can I buy some of what you're having?

More serious answer.. survivor mains always complain about killer stuff being buffed, or their own stuff nerfed.. and the other way around, too.

Lots of undeserved killer nerfs in every patch, but also lots of undeserved survivor nerfs

And lots of deserved ones on both sides, to be honest. Some ######### was busted.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options
    1. COH is not as top tier as you may think. I barely come across people who use it. Since they nerfed the hell out of it it's no better, in my opinion than bringing self care especially if you are far enough away from the boon.
    2. I can agree with that. Nothing wrong with the way it is now. I think it should be reworked to prevent tunneling, for example, you should be able to use it after every hook save and make the timer for at least 1 minute but if you fully heal or work on a gen it deactivates like it does now.
    3. Dead Hard doesn't need to go. I feel like it is needed since the Killer's movement speed is faster than a survivor and there are too many weak loops, pallets and dead zones for you to not bring it. Want to remove DH? Make those weak loops and pallets better and absolutely no dead zones. Or maybe add an evade action to the base kit?
    4. I haven't seen an update since basically Ruin that a killer perk was nerfed. I could be wrong. Every update I see has made a killer faster or able to get their power back quickly or increased the speed in which they use their power (Ghost Face).
    5. Hug Tech may not be easy for some. Nothing wrong with Hug Tech. It's a basically fundamental in the game like camping or tunneling.
    6. Nothing to say about this one
    7. Onryo could use a nerf I guess. She shouldn't be able to come out of the TV and have the speed of The Flash. The same goes for Wraith which I think should be nerfed too since his movement speed while cloaked is super fast.
    8. I think what more we want out of fixing facecamping is the developers actually talk about it
    9. Honestly I think, as a survivor main, that NOED is fine the way it is. It's a sweaty, last resort perk that increases movement speed and adds the exposed status effect. It does it job just like Dead Hard.
    10. I think making the killer hook survivors sequentially could ruin the game for killers, since like you said, you find the same survivor multiple times lol. I'm not really sure what they can do for tunneling besides putting borrowed time and decisive strike into the base kit of every survivor
  • Marcavecunc
    Options

3... add an evade action to the basekit.. so... make dead hard basekit? ######### no?

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Not really dismissing that killer perks get nerfed also I just haven't seen it. Yes I do see survivors complaining about killer being buffed while survivor perks are getting nerfed.....I do it too. But I do see more survivor perks get nerfed than I do killer perks getting buffed. It happens everytime a new perk gets released and it gets used a lot.

I agree and understand with most of what you are saying but to think the developers quickly hop onto the system to nerf a killer perk just as fast if not faster than a survivor perk means you play a different game or read different patch notes than I do. For example, how long did it take for them to realize that COH was OP and they nerf the fuxk out if to make it almost useless when healing yourself. Also, what was the last killer perk to get a nerf or that much of a nerf?

• Marcavecunc
    Options

so as for your other points.. that I have something to say about anyway..

1. the fact boons can be reset over and over is the problem. the new killer perk to break boons is stupid, the problem at the start was the fact boons had no cooldowns or tokens or something to prevent survivors to do it over and over and over again. i wouldnt care if circle of healing gave 300% self care speed, if the survivor could only set it up 2-3 times per match, or if there was a cooldown of 2 minutes after blessing a totem, or after their active totem got kicked or something..
    2. Totally agree, DS should work after both hooks, and deactivate once fully healed or if you touch an objective.
    3. See previous post
    4. Can't be bothered to look up the killer perk changes in the past 2 years, but I'm pretty sure there's been others. And complaining about the Ghostface changes is ridiculous. Ghostface has been stupidly weak and had annoying stalking/reveal mechanics, so of course it was going to get buffed at one point, and it finally did.
    5. Never tried to do Hug tech, didn't know about it til a few days ago, didn't bother watching videos about it.. But from what I heard about it, it's an exploit, even Behaviour said as much, so it needs to go. Doesn't matter how hard the exploit is to pull, it's still an exploit.
    6. ehh
    7. Wraith got buffed exactly because he was too slow while cloaked. On the flip-side, his uncloaking speed has been reduced.. so yes he travels super fast while cloaked, but while uncloaking, he nearly stops moving, so any survivor who sees it happening has a huge advantage
    8. ehh
    9. Fully agreed. And survivors could just do bones to prevent it. Dead Hard is all game long. NOED is only during the endgame.
    10. Requiring the killer to hook survivors in turns would totally be broken, survivors would abuse the ######### out of it, as they always do with everything. "Ok you're the sacrificial lamb, get hooked first, then get in the killer's face throughout the rest of the match, he can't hook you twice in a row!"
  • Marcavecunc
    Options

To be fair, I feel like Dead Hard is fine the way it is now. At least, that's my opinion. (and I don't even use the perk when I play survivor, I don't like it, but I don't mind it as killer either)

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Well if you read and comprehended my reply then you would see what "I was on about". Killers cry about every game assisting perk that helps the survivor get a slight advantage then it's quickly nerfed within weeks of release. Again, what can you do more to nerf DH? DH works as it was designed to do no matter how much complaining you do

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yeah I think it is fine also. As I mentioned before I don't know what else you can do to nerf it before it completely becomes useless or removed from the game. It works as it should. I think Killer mains would be satisfied with being able to still hit the survivor mid dead hard or have it removed...but then again I'm not sure what will satisfy killer mains anymore

• Marcavecunc
    Options

True, and when I play killer, it's easy to just wait a second or two longer before going for a hit.. Or remembering who used Dead Hard against you in a previous chase and waiting for them to use it again before swinging at them.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Yes that's the smart way of doing it. Baiting the perk.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

I mean I still get annoyed when I think they don't have it, I swing, and they dodge the hit with Dead Hard.. But it doesn't matter enough to me to call for the perk to be nerfed to the ground. It works as intended.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Ok but you're actually right about all the complaining that goes around, especially about stuff survivors have.

These forums ARE killer dominated, for better or for worse.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

@Marcavecunc

Thank you very much for the discussion. Usually when I find someone who disagrees they go all whiny and get insulting like I don't know what I'm talking about or how to play the game

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    Options

Right just like with anything like Smash Hit or using a flashlight for a save.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Yeah, the internet sucks at times when it comes to open-mindedness (in every sense)

When I play killer, any survivor playing vs me will have an easy time doing those pallet stuns or blind challenges, because I don't respect pallets and usually don't give a ######### about flashlights. But I hate going for stuns or blinds when I play survivor, cause my first instinct is to not get caught.. and I'm bad at chases.. But lately I had way too many stun/blind challenges left to do from previous rifts (as in, I did every other challenge and didn't care to do those) and I actually had a good time doing them. It was way less painful to do than I expected, and it sorta gets me looking for the next stun/blind challenge, for a change of pace in the way I play survivor.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

My response made it clear, dude, I was responding to:

What I hate about this game is that you get enough Killers to complain about something and it's nerfed within the next patch. If survivors complain about something being overpowered then it's completely overlooked.

--------------------

Follow the logic trail buddy. I don't care about Dead hard, but this isn't some new gripe for the community. You just wrote some of the silliest sentences back to back with a straight face. Big yikes.