I think the new Mori change is really bad for the game, here's why

Options

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah the auto mori is the odd thing about this.

What if you only have 3 BBQ stacks and this is the first down on that last survivor.

Its a good idea, but it should be activated so you could hook or give hatch if you wanted.

Personally I'd like to see the egc just make you able to mori people. last or otherwise.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

How is killing the last survivor "bullying"? Its literally the entire point of the role

• BohemianWaxwing
    BohemianWaxwing Member Posts: 17
    Options

Oh wow... Yep, both of those scenarios would be incredibly frustrating as survivor if the Mori was instant.

If I did that as Huntress, and the unlucky survivor was JUST A HAIR short of the door because they just wanted to get their "survive while x survivors escape" challenge and they barely misjudged their position or they have a dumb teammate who body blocks them or something, I wouldn't even feel great about it if I was fully intending to just make that person fall out the door and do better next game and, whoops, now I have no control over killing them.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options

It would be funny to watch, but probably incredibly frustrating, I hope they decide to not go through with the 'instant mori animation's and instead have it be and m1 like normal moris.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

This was pretty interesting when they mentioned the finisher mori in the stream. Its certainly going to change how survivors act and react in exit gates and after doors are powered. It seems like the whole picking survivors up and carrying them to hatch won't be a thing anymore from what I understand. Maybe killers can get a prompt to spare the last survivor so they can choose what they want to do. In that case, the last survivor will never know what the killer will choose and it would make the situation more thrilling.

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
    Options

Your idea is fair, but from a game design and usability standpoint, it makes far more sense to just have the endgame mori just be an option the same way it is right now, where you simply hold down the attack button. Your idea of having a prompt for the killer to click on would get in the way of gameplay, but the spirit of your suggestion is exactly where it should be - allowing freedom of choice and chances of friendly bonding moments.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited May 2022
    Options

I really don't see the issue

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Options

Very well said. Thank you for supporting my suggestion (and ultimately supporting the positive and mutually enjoyable nature of the game)

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

So wait, have I understood it correctly? If I'm the last survivor and I get downed by the edge of the gate, do I automatically get moried when I could have escaped before this is implemented?

If that's the case, it -is- actually a horrible change. Things happening automatically in a competitive game are really boring.

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Options

I disagree that the game is competitive but I appreciate your input in the thread.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options
  • Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

What if that last survivor is my last BBQ stack? I cant hook them since I have to mori, so i dont get the stack?

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    edited May 2022
    Options

So I suppose slugging everyone is now the best possible play for killers? I assume after you've sacrificed the third survivor the fourth one will be immediately killed via cutscene without you needing to find them after they crawled off to god knows where to cheese the hatch.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

I suppose that as the devs said, there will be some new details that they will say later, because if it stays as a mori for the last player, it loses all the essence.

I suppose that when the time comes, it will tell the operation of how a mori can win in the middle of a game for playing "well"

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2022
    Options

Ive been missing it for years since I cant remember the last time a Killer did it for me or any other Survivor on the trial and no, there wasnt any toxicity involved on most games... on the other hand I can remember vividly the last time the last Survivor got slugged for 4 minutes because reasons, it was around 9 days ago.

Forcing the Killer to end the game when last person gets downed is a way of stopping that, my main concern is what about BPs and BBQ stacks if the last one didnt get hooked the entire game.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157
    Options

Since they're changing the Meta what makes you certain that you'll still have to get BBQ Stacks at that point? Maybe they'll won't exist anymore. Maybe not even the hatch. Who knows that right now?

Considering the gameplay we have right now I'd add myself to the "I-don't-want this-Mori-change-Camp" but I'm open for some plot twists regarding this

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,732
    Options

Just walk close to them then to assert your dominance then. lol

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,406
    Options

This might be hinting that BBQ will lose its stacks, and the emblem system might be changed? Because if the last person can get auto-mori, then the killer might lose +25% BBQ bloodpoints, or they might lose 1 or 2 sacrifice emblem points.

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2022
    Options

I do appreciate the effort for changes in gameplay alot but this specific one i think goes currently in the wrong direction. Why not just let the last survivor bleed out after 15-30s on the ground and make the mori optional so you can carry them to the hatch after having this pressure-detached moment of the last chase. The game is over anyway it doesnt add anything to the atmosphere how the last seconds turns out but it adds to the toxicity level. I agree this is a positive aspect of DBD culture that i appreciated since ive started. Honestly if nice moments like the hatch-carry wouldnt exist in this game i probably wouldve never found enough motivation to come back after my break because the toxicity level in this game is so overwhelming negative.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

"Change is bad because I can no longer assert the dominance, be toxic and close the hatch in survivor's face"

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

This Final Mori should be an option for the killer, not a duty. Then it would be fine.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Say what you will but standing on top of the open hatch cloaked as wraith then kicking it shut when they're nearly there is hilarious

(then I let them have the door bc I'm nice really)

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

I had a game yesterday as doctor where a leon hid from me until the very end when all his friends were dead. I found him after closing hatch and he just gave up. The was never hooked until etc and that got me the 12 "hook" quota and my last bbq stack. If this change is implemented I would have lost 2 of the hook stage points and bbq stack and gotten the lesser mori event. I get they want to avoid the 4 minute bleedout wait time but can't they just ramp up the timer to go 4 times faster or something?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 540
    Options

I must admit this was probably the only thing in the stream I didn't like.

As a killer I give the hatch to the last survivor in 99% of my games where I would have got the 4k.

Personally i'd prefer a "finishing" mori token earned for every 2 hooks (only able to use on death hook survivors) so hooking all 4 survivors twice enables you to mori everyone.

I wouldn't even be against having to hook everyone twice each then permanently unlocking mori for the rest of the game.

It won't make campers change their playstyles but it would reward & encourage some others to spread the hooks & go for the full killer experience!

Or even give the killers 4 mori's so they get more vicious with each kill!

It should just be optional & how are the achievements for the 4k mori going to be changed?

I have the achievement on pretty much everything anyway but not everyone does & they always get changed to something easy or worse in general.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I'm with OP on this one - The killer is all about being the power role - That feel of the survivor knowing you could hook them at any time but you're generously carrying them to hatch cannot be matched - Taking that element of the game away I feels takes away player interaction in a negative way. It's all about the experience.

I feel just giving killers the yellow mori by default as an option would be ideal instead of making the choice for them. I get the idea of getting rid of the chance to slug the last survivor for their full bleedout was probably in mind but if that's considered let the last survivor opt out by pressing a button to die.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options
  • luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Oh... OH! I bet you're right! This makes moris happen way more often, and adds the option to sell moris as a customization!

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

I guess its too hard for BHVR to just give the option like with actual moris.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I get given hatch when I'm the last one around 1/10 times and the thing @Predated described has happened to me like, twice ever in 4+ years.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why they don't just let you hit the survivors downing them to the ground as always and give the possibility to grab the survivor or make the mori as a regular mori/rancor/davour hope?

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Isn't there some irony in calling it a "finisher" mori when even in MK, the player has the choice to perform it or not? Removing player agency is a bad idea. Let me end the match on my terms instead of a forced cutscene. That will get really boring and repetitive after a few days.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

But you agree that it does happen. That alone is good enough of a reason for the change. It's not a bannable offense, but it is something that drags out games for up to 8 extra minutes for no reason at all. If it's not gonna be bannable, then it has to be removed to be an option in the first place.

• Predated
    Options

I can count it happening to me or people I play with at least 10 times just this year. It's been getting more frequent since SBMM had been introduced.

• Predated
    Options

I never implied most killers to be toxic, I havent even mentioned how many killers went for the 4th hook or gave the exit gate instead. But getting carried to hatch, especially in higher mmr, is getting more and more rare, while being bled out on the floor is getting more and more common. I can count on 1 hand how often that my friends or I have been carried to a hatch in the past month, I can count on 3 hands the amount of time someone has been forced to bleed out and called us toxic(for equipping DS and BT because of a tunnel meta, mind you)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Killers moaning about killing survivors 🤨

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,731
    Options

There is a correlation there, though - killer MMR is solely based on kills, so you're going to get a higher MMR if you 4k than if you 3k and give hatch.

I just... eh. BMing the last survivor by bleeding them out is a problem, don't get me wrong, and it shouldn't exist or be enabled in any way, but I strongly disagree that it's more common or even anywhere close to as often as I see genuine hatch. And this would remove the good along with the bad, when the good outnumbers the bad. A mandatory finisher mori isn't the only solution for this - you could just as easily just let the last survivor bleed out on command when they don't feel they have any way to escape (which is a feature I've asked for for a while.)

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Then you just got a free DC, pretty sure you get more points for that anyways

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2022
    Options

I have have conflicting feelings about this, but on balance I don't think I like it.

I do like carrying a surv to hatch sometimes, and tbh I mostly run moris to circumvent end game chaos/exit gate Decisive Strikes, so this might lead me to tunnel a little bit more early game to take those DS off the board.

Few things are as gratifying as having a just unhooked surv body block at the exit gate, thinking they can use their DS and make it out, only to mori them instead. I like having that control.

On the other hand, survs might be less likely to hang out at the exit to get that last tea bag or point in if they know getting downed=death. Less exit gate BM is definitely a good thing. And honestly, if you're the last surv in the game and you go down, you're already at the mercy of the killer, unless you land right on the exit.

I do think if this is going to happen, which would likely reduce the number of moris we see, BHVR needs to soup up the Moris, especially the older ones that are really lacking. If it's gonna be this cinematic finisher, it needs to be cool. Many already are, but most are pretty meh.

Though I am also assuming that the finishing mori can and will register as a sacrifice/hook, if we're being deprived of the choice.

• Predated
    Options

Yeah, but here's the thing: you can jump in a locker as a survivor to be grabbed and bypass the mori, then let the survivor wiggle out at the hatch. Sure, you wouldnt have the sluggy goodbye anymore, but its still a way to get around it.

Then there is also the fact that survivors could bleed themselves out in the moment that you place Exponential so they can pick themselves up.

To avoid BM and accidental sandbagging by uninformed suicide, this simply seems to be the best option.

I personally do hope that if you're slugged within 6 meters of an open hatch you can still be dropped without triggering the mori(hatch being closed while you're slugged instantly triggering the mori), and a 3 second pick-up cooldown(with the hook animation instantly ending the game, simply for 4 stacks), but as of now, I think it's neccesary to set new ground rules(pun intended), before tweaking the outcome. It's much better for the game to have an instant ending coded in as basekit, working and all, and then tweaking things, so that any bug around dropping someone near hatch would still instantly end the game, than it is to code in the potential outcomes, have the game bug on the dying state(assuming you're next to an open hatch for example, even though you're very far away) and still keep potential abuse. It would also give hackers less tools to prolong the game.