The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

anyone else heavily concerned about the perk changes and gameplay overhaul coming up?

like the sheer amount chosen without anything listed change wise in advance to give feedback on is worrying especially if it overhauls perk categories like exhaustion as a whole or hexes

while more perk variety can potentially be really nice. survivors are much more reliant on what they have to sometimes even have an enjoyable game without having a 3k bp match and a baseline 8 second bt will most likely not cut it

I'm personnally a much bigger fan of incremental changes where feedback is easier to address, focus and give out but here's really hoping good time is taken testing this stuff

Comments

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

While you are right most of the time it's better to do such things in parts and get feedback on it i think that's not possible here because all the perk changes and the base game changes need to be there at the same time.

If they change base game and then work on perks we will have a weird op phase where you have the new gameplay together with the strong perks and the other way around doesn't sound so good either

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It could be good, bad or anything in between.

I'm willing to risk it to shake up the incredibly ossified meta we have now.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

We're talking about devs who think it's ok for survivors to be able to lock any locker at will against Dredge, with no option for survivors to unlock it themselves. Yes, I am concerned.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I'm more than certain we'll have a PTB with a huuuuuge blog post discussing the changes once they're nearer! For now, there's not much reason to worry until we can actually see what is being changed and how.

Anxious? A bit! But BHVR in my opinion has made almost exclusively good moves for a few months now, so I'm optimistic.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 2022

Im fine with the meta changing but if they plan to nerf BBQ I really hope they just make the BP stacking effect base kit, same with WGLF. Always hated that those effects were tied to perks

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

I have concerns that they won't understand why some perks are meta and nerf them without addressing the underlying issues they patch (or, indeed, nerf them when they're not remotely overpowered - looking at you, BBQ and Self-Care), but they did express a desire to tweak game mechanics as well. And I figure that a significant chunk of that 40 perk bomb, probably more than half, is going to be underused perks being buffed. So yeah, I'm a bit nervous, and there's going to be a lot of kinks to iron out when that particular PTB drops, but I think this also has the potential to be a great thing. I won't know until they release more details, so I'm not going to be too fussed about the whole thing until we hear more.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    edited May 2022

Il take anything over what we have now. Shake it up. At least it will be funny if its a sh*tshow

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

the only one I care about is Iron Will, the perk for me personally makes the game a lot more fun being able to do stealth plays almost all the time because survivors are just so incredibly loud when injured, we'll have to see how it goes I suppose.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Nah. I am more concerned that they will mess up Wesker. I do not care about whatever people think the meta is. People have a very warped perception of viability in this game, in my opinion.