Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Meta Perks Do You Want Nerfed the Most? (Both Sides)

MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

So we know BHVR is planning nuke meta. So which "meta" perks you would prefer to nerf?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited May 2022

Survivor: DH

Killer: Ruin

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    edited May 2022

Dead Hard, this perk reward mistakes so I think it needs to be nerf to the ground.

And for killers I want Chili and Barbecue to become a Scourge Hook

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Survivor: Dead Hard

Killer: Hex: No One Escapes Death

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Survivor - I'd say Dead Hard to bring it in line with other exhaustion perks.

Killer - Doesn't really have a strong meta but i guess Ruin and Pop's requirements or regression can be looked at. While not Meta, NOED is more troublesome and more deserving of changes.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

I agree with Dead Hard but BBQ is just alright. I would go for NOED (DH version of killers)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Well for killer, ideally regression as a whole with some baseline changes so that regression perks don't feel required. NOED also should get reworked.

For survivor, DH and COH, and address camping/tunneling more broadly so that nerfing BT and DS is actually reasonable and not just a horrible idea.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

First can I say I didn't realize META stood for "Most Effective Tools Available"? Lol if I didn't see than in the stream I wouldn't have known that lol

Im not really hoping for nerfs per se, but I would love some perks to become base kit in some manner (I.e. Corrupt, BT) and then the perks themselves can stack on top of these. Say corrupt base is 60s, but then Corrupt perk adds another 90s. Corrupt by itself is weaker, but the base kit adds another 30s overall. So it takes up a perk slot but adds more overall time. Some killers I only have tier 1 (RNG) but it still works as it'll give me time to set up with Trapper

I would love to see changes to Lightborn. An added exposure aspect for the person attempting to blind will be interesting.

On survivor side, I think they need more shake up. Since I started playing in 2020, killer meta shifts with new combos (Ruin/Undying, Scourge: Pain + DMS,. PGTW + Oppression, Hoarder + Cenobite, etc.). Other than Boons, Boil Over and a few others not much has changed. I've been having fun with stun/blind build (Head On, Flashbang, Parental Guidance, DS), but the meta perks are still strong (DS, UB, DH, BT, IW)

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

Survivor: DH, Iron Will

Killer: Pain Res., Tinkerer

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Killer all slowdown perks and unhealthy perks like noed, rancor etc.

Survivor all second chance perks and exhaustion perks

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

Probably NOED for Killer as it seems to cause the most confrontation. Ruin needs to change, but the core mechanics need to change to reduce it's necessity.

For survivors, honestly most of the big META perks don't bother me much as I feel they can be played around. Spine Chill irritates me to no end though on stealth killers.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Dead hard and NOED.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Survivor- dead hard and Iron will

killer- scourage hook pain resonance

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Ruin either death 30sec into the game, or a free hook stage because other survivors have to commit their Gens

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    edited May 2022

pain resonance and noed

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • Dead Hard is clearly the top priority survivor perk due to be nerfed. Every statistical indicator says that perk is overused and overpowered.
    • There’s some overly popular killer perks but I’m not sure they’re as overpowered as Dead Hard. The devs are almost certainly looking broadly at why Corrupt Intervention, Scourge Hook Pain Resonance and maybe Ruin or Pop are so much more popular than non-slow down perks, and if I had to take a wild guess what they might end up doing is simply make gens take longer to finish across the board and then nerf these slowdown perks so killers don’t feel like they “need” to run them just to have enough slowdown for a chance at a 3-4k match.
    • One overpowered killer perk combo that might get nerfed would be Artist with Dead Man’s Switch. I say that because it’s one of the corner cases where actual facecamping becomes much more effective as a strategy. (Well technically she has to move a few meters away to launch crows but it’s practically the same tactic.) Dealing with it though may end up being done by whatever methods they’ve been looking into to steer killers away from face camping more broadly.
    • Finally note that this massive perk overhaul isn’t necessarily all “nerfs”. All they really said is they’re revamping about 40-50 perks plus making base kit changes to shake things up. So some of those perk changes could easily be buffs to woefully underpowered perks like Monstrous Shrine for instance.
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

Pain Resonance and Iron Will

For PR, the counterplay for the survivors on gens isn't reasonable. You have to delay the game by getting off the gen to maybe prevent further game delay with DMS. It's a really annoying perk. It feels bad to be working on a gen and have it actively regress as you're working on it.

Iron Will needs a rework. It shouldn't cancel all survivor breathing. There are zero downsides to Iron Will. Only huge positives.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934
  • Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

So let's make camping and tunneling even more worth it if ds and bt gets nerf. Hard tunneling now is even solid stragedy usually if it's sfw they come to help and that gives easy win but camping is usually better stragedy if you can pressure others at the same time.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

That corrupt would be too short it has to be at least 40s with the perk so then it's 100s. But corrupt should be basekit so gen rushing would not be as easy for survivors.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Dead hard is literally the only perk that bothers me. "Nuking" the meta just makes more useless perks which is the last thing we need.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

survivor dead hard

for killer knock out infectious fright and tinkerer

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    edited May 2022

survivor: all exhaustion with the exception of head on and iron will

killer: scourge pain resonance hook rng, NOED (more wanting a rework. nerfing it won't do much) pop (5% to be basekit)

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

Dead Hard and NOED

bonus to Dead Man's Switch which imo needs a little tweak or at the very least some sort of cooldown or condition cause damn that thing triggering everysingle time and getting spread like lice at a kindergarten can be quite awful in some scenarios

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

None. I dont want anything nerfed on either side.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

noed

dead hard

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Remove Self-Healing from Circle of Healing, flat-out.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Survivor: Exhaustion perks, BT, DS, CoH, Unbreakable, Prove Thyself

Killer: NOED

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2022

Well Ideally they wouldn't be nerfed until there was some similar version of them built into the base game AFTER the gens were slowed down, maps were shrunk and loops made more balanced to where tunneling/camping wasn't necessary.

BT should be loss of collision so it preserves its purpose of protecting the unhooked but prevents that person from abusing it and body blocking the killer to give the rescuer a third health state.

DS I'm generally okay with so by nerf a mean more a weaker base kit version built into the game (maybe a 30 second timer, but the timer pauses while in chase) and the perk probably redesigned.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Survivor: Dead Hard, CoH, Iron Will

Killer: NOED, maybe Dead Man's Switch. I'd also like to see Tinkerer get a cooldown on firing on the same gen - like, if it procs, it can't proc for that specific gen for another 30 seconds or something.

I could live happily if it was just Dead Hard and NOED, though.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

well it wasnt about it happening or not, OP asked us which one we want nerfed. I said nothing.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697
    edited May 2022

That’s fine but I think it’s great we’re gutting all the meta perks on both sides cause it’s just so unhealthy for the game.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

From reading this there don't seem to be any actual Killer Perks that really need to be "nerfed".

Pain Resonance can be really rough because it activates on every hook, but it requires a Scourge Hook to activate and relies on the RNG of Scourge Hook spawn locations vs Generator spawn locations vs where survivors actually are.

But its widespread use and combination with Dead Man's Switch is just a symptom of the larger problem of Generator repair speeds and killers wanting more time to actually be able to play their role.

Hex Perks do not need a nerf and I was actually surprised to see Tinkerer here.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

DH for survivor and NOED for killer. Both feel equally cheap.

• dictep

What about a survivor perk that opens a hatch to escape if survs do a gen? It’s something survs need to earn

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Survivor = Dead Hard

Killer = Territorial Imperative

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 2022

This. I use both these perks too much and they play out exactly as described here.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895
    edited May 2022

Something like that already exists. They're called keys.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277

Please just delete dead hard, it doesn’t reward skill and both solves mistakes and can extend loops by a minute if used correctly.

for killer, don’t really care as much but maybe make NOED less of a free extra kill in end game, or maybe reveal the totems aura to survivors or something.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I'm 99% sure instead of tools it's tactics, but I guess they could mean the same thing

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Survivor: Boons, exhaustion perks.

Killer: Rework NoED please, strong or not it's unhealthy for the game/community in its current form. Give much better base regression and nerf/rework the regression perks.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

I honestly don't think any killer perks should be nerfed. I think it should be COH, DH, DS, & BT. Second chance perks need to go. If ya wanna nuke NOED... whatever.

• dictep

So remove boons and exhaustion perks and buff regression perks?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

So how you will play against tunnelling and camping? Just curious.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited May 2022

I didn't say "remove", but if we just nerf DH and that's all it will just be the next strongest exhaustion perk taking its place, that probably being SB. Its just too valuable to extend the chase as much, easy, and as frequent as they do in the current form to not take them. Maybe not all exhaustion perks, but at least the stronger ones. If the devs want to shake up the perk usage, getting away from the "every build needs an exhaustion perk" is something that should happen. Just downgrade exhaustion from "necessary" to "good but not required".

Boons need to be able to be broken without a perk slot. Survivors don't need a perk and neither should killers to preform a basic option, that being breaking totems. CoH might need further tuning like removing the self heal due to its special situation of being placed miles away from the killer being optimal, but that would be TBD in this theoretical change.

" nerf/rework the regression perks."

Yes that clearly says buff the gen regression perks. /s

No, gen regression has always been a staple for every killer build since inception, due to base regression being trash compared to survivor objective efficiency. So if we make base regression better, we have a lot more breathing room to change the regression perks without making killer basically an auto-lose in games with good players just because the survivors are holding M1 while someone else runs from pallet to pallet.

Alternative would be to increase killer efficiency to match survivor efficiency (and still change the perks) via something like map changes to get the majority of them out of the "survivor favored" category. While that would probably be a much healthier change overall, that would require a lot more work and is a lot more unlikely than mostly changings some numbers around. That also relies on the devs understanding the game enough when good players are present and as their recent actions have shown, such as the still mostly unbalanced maps, that is probably not the case.

Post edited by MrPenguin on