The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Your new loadouts w/o meta perks

TheMadCat
TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

Please, click on the bold text. Several people listed meta perks on the thread.

OK. Imagine the perks mentionned by the developpers to be changed are deleted from the game. If you don't know the list they shown us, check their article about it.

Survivor, Killer... Let me know what would be your new loadouts.

For Killer, I'll go with a general loadout because I'm lazy to think about all of them individually. I'd run Discordance, Call of Brime, Fearmonger/Blood Echo, No Way Out.

For Survivor, it'd be Second Wind, Vigil/Fixated, Balanced Landing/Overcome, WGLF. I wanted to use Resilience instead of WGLF, but it appears in one of the loadouts from the article. So I wasn't sure about it not being into the changes which are coming.

Tell me yours. I'm curious.

Post edited by TheMadCat on

Comments

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48

I already run a pretty non-standard build on my two mains, Huntress and Trickster.

For Huntress, I have been running Agitation, Whispers, Lethal Pursuer and Overcharge/Nurse's Calling. Trickster's one is Whispers, Play With Your Food, Bamboozle and, again, Lethal Pursuer.

I don't play Survivor much, but the only Survivors I play that are actually levelled up for something outside of perks (Cheryl & Steve), I run Lithe, Alert, We're Gonna Live Forever and Windows of Opportunity on.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Windows of Opportunity and Nurse's are in the 24 meta perks. :p

You're a meta user!! (I'm kiding. I never thought these two perks were OP. They're good tho.)

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48

FU-

I'd probably use Any Means Neccessary if Windows of Opportunity were deleted, and just stick to Overcharge on Huntress.

• Vlarian
    Vlarian Member Posts: 163

I don't use meta perks, just aura reading perks. So I dont have to worry except for bbq, if that is changed to the point of nonviableness I'd probably just use floods of rage.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Not sure, but I know for a fact I will be running Shadowborn on more killers now that I don't have to worry as much about metaslave survivors having a huge upper hand.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I already run non meta on most of my characters (both killers and survivors)

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Prove thyself. I don’t see it in the list

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

Since I'm in the "DH into a wall"-faction and just don't usually get/feel tunneled enough to justify DS the only meta perk I always have is BT -- and man, I'd be so happy if I don't have to bring that one anymore. Pretty much every game I didn't bring it I thought "if only you had BT".

I usually run BT, We'll make it, Botany - and then just one perk I feel like. Usually one of the following: Wake Up, Pharmacy, Hope, Adrenaline, Quick and Quiet, WGLF, Resurgence, Built To Last or Prove Thyself - For The People, Flash Bang, Blast Mine, Artisan and Appraisal are also nice to have but usually don't justify the perkslot. Adrenaline is somewhat meta-ish, so that would drop from the list but I'd fill my perks up with the ones mentioned above.

As for Killer... I apparently don't run any meta perks to begin with, except for jolt, but given that I kinda like kicking gens I've started to replace it with Eruption anyway. So... it'd be Eruption, Fearmonger, Lethal Pursuer/Spies from the Shadows and some random thing. I sometimes like to take Thrill of the Hunt and defend that totem just to see what happens. When a team thinks it must be Devour or something and start putting everything into cleansing it, it's actually kinda funny to watch 😂

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Killer:

• Discordance (probably among my favorite perks).
    • Call of Brine (on mobility killers) or Surge (on Hag, Myers, Ghosty etc.)
    • Plaything
    • Pentimento

On slower killers, replace Plaything/Penti with

• Agitation
    • Starstruck
    • Maybe replace Discordance with Floods of Rage

On killers with traps, replace this with

• Devour Hope
    • Blood Favour

Survivor:

• Windows of Opportunity (I just love this perk, as it tells me what pallets are still up)
    • Lithe
    • Empathy (people sleep on this perk) or Shadowstep (among the perks that scare me the most as killer)
    • Kindred OR Botany Knowledge (if I'm bringing a medkit)

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

I mean it's impossible to say for me. They are changing core mechanics and buffing underused perks as well so a lot is going to change.

My standard loadout as killer is usually PR+DMS and either Pent+Plaything for pip farming or BBQ+Brine for BP farming. If I don't have to run as much gen regression to win games, I'll likely go mostly info perks with a chase perk based on whatever works best for the killer I'm running.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

BBQ probably won't get nerfed. It'll probably get a stronger effect and the BP bonus will probably be made basekit.

But otherwise since I mainly play Legion:

- Enduring

- Spirit Fury

- Shadowborn

- Bamboozle

On Survivor:

- Kindred

- Wglf

- Spine Chill

- We'll make it/Resilience

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I don't really run meta perks. Maybe iron will but that's just because it makes head on a little more feasible.

All my perk builds are centered around some dumb build I come up with. High Fiber legion. Possible Wizard Doctor. M1 Plague.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Dunno, def using any means necessary, its stupid underrated.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

It's a little hard to guess without knowing how much the basic gameplay is adjusted and how severely the meta perks will be nerfed. I can absolutely see them still remaining meta. But, lets take the best case scenario since we are guessing.

Killer:

Deadlock, No Way Out, Jolt, I'm All Ears

Survivor:

Overcome, Prove Thyself, We'll Make It, Windows

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Though I was probably playing against low ranks my pig with rules no. 2, video tape

blood warden, make your choice, hex: haunted grounds and BBQ though that was the only meta perk

It was pretty fun and with my 3 games only one unlucky dwight got his party hat to spray confetti.