Had anyone actually finished the challenge “One Giant Leap”?

Options
Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

I’m getting Victor pounces from the most maximum range and it still won’t finish the challenge

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,994
    Options

It might be bugged idk, I kinda refuse to play twins until they do something about there sluggish and clunky gameplay.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,341
    Options

I got it on my second try, on RPD of all places.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

RPD is actually decent on twins if you make sure not to spread vic and char too far

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,342
    Options

Oh no, please don't tell me there is challenge where you have to snipe people with Victor.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 681
    Options

That explains why there was one twins game where the killer did nothing but use Victor all game from far distances. I don't think they got it either. Poor guy.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157
    Options

Yesterday first attempt on Eyrie.. Lethal Pursuer und the Add-On that makes Victor silent when Pounce is charged - worked perfectly

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

For that one, I gave up on trying to win the match and instead spent the whole time going for long shots. It's maybe easier to do it on healthy survivors because they're a little less wary about Victor. I'd only pounce if they felt like they were far enough, letting them get distance if they were too close to me, and I got it on my first or second match. I got maybe 7 long pounces and somewhere in there, at least two were above 10m. But it's not bugged, just tricky.

You can try slugging people and then send Victor at the inevitable healers. That worked pretty well for me.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 674
    Options

I got it first try. I used the Cat Eye a d Cat Statue add on and only pounced at the maximum range the light showed. I just spat out Victor, had him bounce, if he missed I tried again. If he succeeded or got crushed, O just waited til I could pop the angry little guy back out

• Magicmaster0702
    Magicmaster0702 Member Posts: 217
    Options

I got it on my first try actually. Used the toy sword and the biscuit add-ons if that matters. It was on Auto Haven too, so it wasn't horrible.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

I got it today. Although most of my pounces didn't even register as hits. I've literally slid off a survivors repairing a gen, cleansing totems, and slight elevation differences. I don't recall having this much problems with the Twins before. Maybe its with the map, Pale Rose.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,145
    Options

Tried it few times.. was pretty sure i got it but didnt and i got annoyed and stopped. I don't really enjoy playing twins so im kinda not feeling this tome.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

I also did the "camping" the hook with Victor, got it on my first try, despite the survivors actually trying to avoid it.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,879
    Options

Twins, one of the worst designed Killers with a lot of errors, yet they have the audacity to make a tome about them in the hope that their pickrate will increase.

Like, no one is gonna play an Error. Most people don't wanna deal with the jank the Twins bring. I'll rather wait till Twins get a huge overhaul so I can do the challanges, even for BP.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
    Options

Not bugged, I got it first try. Just make sure you are far away enough from the survivor before pouncing. As people said, waiting at the hook for a survivor to approach might be the easiest way to farm the achievement. I usually run toy sword and cat eye, but the biscuit add-on is also good. Good luck!

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315
    Options

It took me 5 tries but I finally got it camping the hook from long range. The Cat Figurine was not helpful at all for distance and I came short repeatedly using it. Cat Eye is the way to go. Finished the Twins part is the tomb and now just hoping they see some buffs at long last.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

I got it on my first try. Cat's Eye helped me to some extent.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

I just got it in my last round on RPD. It's a challenge though because I think Victor's max range is like 10 meters (don't quote me on that because I don't know that for certain).

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138
    Options

I got it on my 7th try, 3rd after reading this forum post. What a pain. The map was Red Forest and I think my MMR went down enough where some players weren't as familiar with Twins and didn't try to kick Victor on after his big misses. I used Cat Figurine and Cat's Eye

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169
    edited May 2022
    Options

Got it on my second try on Mother's Dwelling. I used the add-on to visualize the Leap target and the one to suppress Victor's screams, then just "camped" the hook with Victor at 10m. Survivors quickly understood what I was doing and played the game, I thank them.

Post edited by Rokjer on
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,408
    Options

Got it as a non-Twins enjoyer on RPD.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Jesus i did it first try, its really not hard.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

I don't have it yet... Might completely skip it.. then again I love lore so I might :(

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Ok here you go stand on a small hill or something and jump from there, you can do much better than 10m that way. Also helps if you slug every one at 5 gens then pick them all up so they know you are friendly and just stand there doing nothing.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

What really baffels me about the Twins is that they are somehow supposed to play catch with each other and herd the survivors into each others arms, yet you have this super long, sluggish weak up periods when switching. Whats the design idea behind this? Shouldn't the switch be blistering fast, so that you can really switch back and forth? This whole thing feels so backward, I really can't even start to wrap my head around.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

That was part of a series of nerfs the twins got. Weird that a killer with a fast mini-me that can efficiently down, but not hook survivors encouraged a slug play style that many survivors complained about.

I got the challenge. 10m is further than you think, and it really helps to be on a little hill.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

Just in case, as a reminder, you can aim up with Victor to jump further. I think it's needed for this challenge.

There's also an add-on that makes Victor silent when you're charging a pounce. You can use that to get some snipes for people who aren't paying enough attention on gens.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

To be perfectly honest I hate twins so I farmed matches with their challenges. Thankfully the survivors knew what I was doing and stayed still for me as I went maximum frog mode. I got that one in my first game so try to farm maybe something will change also with this update today.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

So, I actually was friendly to get this match lol. I can't measure meters in the game. :/ So I just went up, got friendly with Charlotte, let them smack me around and then as they were doing gens, I just got back as far as I could and leapt. It worked first try being friendly.