The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is Satisfying in DBD?

MaxFiGuy
MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56

I want to know what anyone gets a good feeling out of in DBD. What is satisfying to you? What is something you really like and would want to achieve in a trial? Do you want to get max bloodpoints each time you play? Are you a survivor that likes to keep the killer's attention in a chase while your team can work on other things? Do you like to sneak up on a survivor and make them not know what hit them? Do you repair generators like it's your day job? Do you like kicking a generator to keep those pesky survivors within The Entity's arena? What do you enjoy doing? What is your main source of fun in DBD? It can be that cheeky feeling when the killer can't find you. It can be the success you feel when you sacrifice a survivor.

What is your goal in a game? What do you want to accomplish in a game? What is a win to YOU?

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I enjoy face camping survivors who think they're cute.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Injuring and Downing a survivor in seconds as trickster, especially if they vault a window.

Being able to Crow a survivor and injure them in one crow flight send off.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

Trapper when he works.

Stunning a Spirit out of phasing.

Gen grabs, just in general these days.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited May 2022

Don't know.

But that might also be one reason why i, despite playing this game since release, have still only 297 hours in it and stopped playing it after the mentality of many players got more competitive since implementation of SBMMR but the hoped for according balance changes didn't happen in the first 7-8 months after that and as an result the game became even less fun.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    • Getting a Flashlight or Flashbang save.
    • Long-range Huntress hit.
    • Really long chases as a survivor.
    • Perfect Nurse blinks.
    • When survivors run into my stupid bear trap placements.
    • Double hits as Pyramid Head.

Just to name a few xd

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Big chains with Legion.

Swiftly hitting 6 knives as trickster and then perfectly predicting when the survivor runs around a corner to hit the 7th one.

Or if the 7th one is from long range.

So satisfying

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,463

Yknow there are a lot of things

Hitting a double hit as Artist...

Hitting a nasty curve as Billy...

Hitting 12 knives in a row as Trickster and mowing a Survivor down...

Looping a killer for several gens only for them to have a deep look into your soul while youre on the hook...

But there is nothing that gives me more serotonin than making a Trapper stepping in his own trap..

Honerable mention: kicking the ######### out of Victor

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Using both bottles to hit a cocky survivor at a loop as clown

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

The most hilarious games are playing Trapper. Nothing to do with winning but with how many times a survivor gets trapped in a funny way. The T-bagger or frenzied clicker who feels safe behind his pallet while the killer simply stands only to see him runs five meters to step into a trap. It's comedy cold.

Long range hatchet crunch noises.

Managing to self-unhook and survive.

Hiding in plain sight next to the killer.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2022

Mind gaming a survivor on a loop and as they round the corner straight into you, donking them in the face with Plague's censer so hard they flip over backwards. Most satisfying M1 in the game imo.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Victor pounces

Pyramidheads Final Judgment

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

4k Slugging with Hag.

NOED triggers, NWO starts ticking, then gets the final hook on someone as Bloodwarden secures the kill.

Game, Set, Match.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 190

Crow Snipes

Picking up survivors as Sadako

Destroying annoying clicky flashy attention seekers

Actually do a decent chase as survivor for a change

Smacking down survivors right before they get to their pallets/windows

Bear trap triggers as Trapper

Acutal decent Teammates

Succesfull mindgames

Going tier 3 right in a survivors' face as Mikey and then giving them the stabberino

Sadako's pickup animation...wait did i already mention that one? :D

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I main Killer so it almost hurts to have to type this, but as a survivor:

Spawning into the map directly in front of a Hex Totem.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    edited May 2022

As killer:

Trabby traps in unusual places that still catch people (kind of a bet; 'if I were a survivor, where would I go and not expect a trap').

"Cosplaying" as Mr. X when I'm Nemo and the map is RPD. Bonus points for a surv catching on and playing along.

Zombies actually being useful and injuring+downing a survivor.

Hatchet hits across the map as Huntress (I suck at the whole hatchet throwing thing so when I hit someone at shack from main-boat on the swamp map I did a big happy dance).

A survivor going for the boop the snoot without hesitation. They get the boop. And they get five seconds to scurry off.

As survivor:

Somehow getting a rescue with facecamping Bubba (/other insta-down killer - It's usually a Bubba though).

All three swarming out to find NOED, getting NOED, going for the rescue & 4E.

Ridiculous-hatchet-throw practising Huntress. - Not always a fan of farming and stuff but a huntress throwing a match to practise some insane shots makes me want to throw too and play the role of target.

Seeing a sky/space Billy in the flesh (RIP T-T you will be missed T-T)

Now. Most of those have meme-character. The one thing I consistently enjoy in "a standard match" is confusing a killer with the insane reset speed courtesy of a really good med-kit, We'll make it, Botany and Desperate Measures. And there's an extra level of satisfaction when it happens right under the killer's nose.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Seeing new cosmetics in the store 🤑

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

The most satisfying thing that I can think of is 3 random SoloQ survivors working together to save the fourth person trapped in the basement with everyone getting out. It's incredibly rare, but man does it feel good!

The second most satisfying thing is 4k-ing a bully squad.

• Viskod

Any activation of Blood Warden.

Getting the Mori prompt on a survivor downed in the exit gate that was just barely not close enough to crawl out.

Harpooning injured survivors in the exit gate as Deathslinger.

When an injured and infected survivor is downed by an Exit Gate Zombie.

Hitting people with Flashlights while using Franklin's Demise.

• Viskod

I was going to list off some more Nemesis zombie scenarios but basically anytime your Zombies have hilarious RNG and end up working out for you.

Nothing like seeing someone status on the UI go from Injured to Dying because of a Zombie.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Getting the Legion 5 hit down in the very beginning of the game. Just insane pressure right out of the gate and people usually DC now so its even more satisfying.

• Viskod

After the patch came out my second or third match as Legion where I was going to get a down from a start of the match Frenzy, I lunged at the last survivor I had just hit and I missed and went into my cooldown and thought "did they just do a 180 Dead Hard backwards through me?"

Turned around, nowhere to be seen.

Oh wait. They disconnected.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Coming back from a snowball

Awesome endgame plays

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 921

Photo bomb ghost face when he's taking a selfie with his mori animation.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144

Getting a long snipe as huntress due to me being mediocre.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Catching survivors in traps. As survivor hearing Trapper walk into his own traps.

The stun sound when a killer kicks my Blastmine gen.

A good back/forth in a match where both sides do well and score high, doesn't feel so bad if die/survivors escape.

As stealth killer hitting a survivor that's obviously using Spine Chill but is looking the wrong way and I hit them after standing next to them for a few seconds. 😂 I swear that perk gets me more hits than it should.

As survivor getting matched with randoms that work together and try to make sure everyone survives/escapes.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Cleansing a totem in the end game and it lights up right at the end of the interaction. Mmmmmm.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163
    edited May 2022

Being useful to the team makes me feel pretty good.

Also getting the mori on an annoying survivor.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,589

Blood Warden plays when they work out are SO satisfying!

Getting someone just before the exit gate!

Any flashlight save, on me or on someone else!

• JocelynAwakens
  • Viskod

The best Huntress hits are the ones where you miss the person your aiming at, but then hit someone off in the distance you didn't know was there.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I mean egc. Like pulling a play against a bubba and everyone getting out by the skin of their teeth

• Viskod
    edited May 2022

When I cleanse Haunted Ground and someone goes down from healthy like, immediately after. I can't help but chuckle.

• JocelynAwakens
  • EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,019

My friend and I do this to each other when we're playing survivor (the following re-enactment is interchangable between myself and my friend in any given match):

Me: "Hey...guess what I found..."

Friend: "Is it a glowy?" (our nickname for a Hex Totem)

Me: "Maybe.."

Friend: "Is it a safe glowy?"

*Hex-Break Thunderclap immediately followed by the whoosh/screen pulse of Hex: Haunted Grounds*

*See Friend downed instantly on HUD*

Me: *Hysterically laughing* "Nope!"

I can't be mad when he does it to me, its pretty funny and turnabout is fair play, especially when he asks "Hey, are you in chase?" and I when I say yes I know whats very likely coming 🤣

As for me, what I find most satisfying is when I'm playing Trapper, and I lay down one of those random, "There's no way anyone will step in this, I don't know why I'm even setting it here, and I'm pretty sure at least 1 survivor saw me place this" and it does in fact catch someone. If I can pull them out of the trap or catch them fresh from the trap, that's icing on the cake, but just someone randomly getting caught by it makes me happy.

• Viskod
    edited May 2022

Yep we do the same thing.

"I found a Hex Totem"

"Gens aren't Hexed, killer is hanging out near the hooked person, it's probably Haunted Ground."

"Well, only one way to find out!"

Boom *Exposed*.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Going at Mach speed as Blight

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Getting purple flashie with Plunderers and wasting a perk slot

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

As survivor my favorite thing is saving your teammates against the odds :) :

-Unhooking a teammate when the killer is facecamping

-Successfully stopping the killer from tunneling a teammate

-Somehow turning the game around when all your teammates are downed or hooked

-Sucessfully stopping the killer from hooking / picking up a teammate on deathhook

-Successful rescue & escape in egc with NOED

-Successful rescue & escape in egc when the rest of your teammates have abandoned the one who's hooked

As killer I don't play to win so a game is satisfying if I did the best I could and the game turned out well. For some reason I feel better when i do well and most suvivors escape than when I do well and get a 4k, not sure why lol but i like when we all have a good time and leave with an honorable amount of bps (without farming, that's boring af)

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

1. Causing DCs early game by playing Spirit/Plauge.

2. Escaping with a Purple Medkit.

3. Escaping that one killer who overcommits way too hard.

4. Chases in general.

5. Being bmd by Doctor specifically (Do NOT ask why)

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

For some unholy reason, I'm the one in chase when that happens

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I find predicting movement to be satisfying as well as getting value from the perks I brought.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Head on saves. Flash bang saves. Blast mine explosions. Seeing killers get flash banged. Head on killers after seeing them get flash banged. Head on killers followed by flash bang after seeing them get blast mined. Quick and quiet locker play followed by head on stun and flash bang after seeing the killer get blast mined.

Ok, I need to play some DBD right now. 🤩