Surrender As Killer - Gen Rushing

playhard
playhard Member Posts: 279
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

I recently surrender playing as killer if gen done that completed very fast, while I'm still chasing survivor. I rather open the gate when all generator completed and ignore all survivor and destroy all pallet and breakable walls , while all survivor press Alt to t bag tbag on the gate.

Since if they have no interaction with killer they will only get a low bloodpoint. Win Win I think.

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I mean opening the gate does kinda work in this way anyway. If a killer does that I'll take the message and just leave rather than go break some dull totems or heal up or something (plus who knows maybe they threw the game on purpose and opened the gates for some kind of bloodwarden ruse, I'm not staying around to find out)

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited May 2022

I wonder why, in a 4vs1 game?

Also DC/suicide is done in the first minute of a game. Waiting until the gens are done can take ages and if survivor are even more petty, it can be dragged out indefinitely by survivor.

The game still needs the option for the killer to force open the gates if nothing happens (gens being worked on/getting done) for 5 minutes. With the added criteria to ignore gen tapping to circumvent it aka the 5 minutes timer runs until a gen gets worked on for 10/20 seconds straight AND is then only halted for a certain time and not reset.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited May 2022

I just played a game (not even like 10 minutes ago probably) and remembered why I think this game is bad. I'm sure some part of me wants it to not bad complete garbage, but that's only a small part of me.

I gave up pretty quickly as killer let me tell you that.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Usually when i get gens done incredibly quickly i turn on my sweat mode... Let's just say it makes an unfun experience for both parties.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

So long as you don’t mind survivors suiciding if they have a bad match :)

• Phasmamain

Some say They ruin the game and other say you shouldn’t DC/suicide based on how the killer is playing

Just don’t be okay with one side giving up and not the other basically

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 653

Thing is, I don't understand how the survivor can do that quickly... Sometimes, I run after a survivor, knowing that in a generator, you have only one survivor ( thank's discordance) on a gen, but, all the generator is done so fast, when they don't even have a toolbox... Like, when I play survivor, even with the best toolbox and the best add-on, that's make so much time than when I found some gen rushing survivor, did I make something wrong ?

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Your not the only one, I've thrown up the white flag a few times myself.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

If I get gen-rushed badly I just do what I can to get some more bloodpoints. - If some survivor desperately wants a chase, they'll get it. - But if the last gen isn't popped by the time I down them or lose track of them I just go somewhere and wait for them to catch on, tap that last gen and leave. They managed to get 4 gens done very quickly. No reason to assume the last gen takes them more than 60 seconds. If they just want to gen rush and get the escape ; that's fine by me. I won't start sweating/try-harding because I don't find it fun. I also won't dc, cause it's a friggin minute until the match is over anyway. - But leaving the last gen un-popped on purpose and trying to bait extra chases for points with bags, clicky-clicky, vault-spamming etc. is not okay and nothing I enjoy so I don't play along.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Oh so you are the equivelant of survivors that give up on first hook.

Fair enough.

• Dead_Harder

It takes around 80 seconds to do a gen. It takes around a min to down a decent survivor and around 20 second to find them. So realistically speaking, you should be losing 3 gens around the time you hook your first survivor.

Thats why people bring corrupt lol

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

But that actually isn´t the same thing. A hook suicide can happen after the first down at 5 gens. Killer won´t be able to open the gate unless all 5 gens have been completed. One is where the match just started and the other, where the match is about to end anyway.

Its understandable, that the killer doesn´t want to serve as point piñata to survivors that 99% the gate and don´t feel any threat from the killer.

• TerraEsram

I have a great difficulty to find my first survivor, because, very often, all the survivor are on the furthest from me, When I play, my luck is ######### low, everytime ... So, One gen is done before I found one

• Dead_Harder

Yeah that can happen but again, if you bring corrupt only the gens near you arent blocked so it helps you with that as well.

I feel like im turning into a corrupt salesman at this point : D

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Thats not surprising, since a killer those game turned bad can always resort to camp and tunnel the one guy he get hold of, while a survivor, most likley solo, has no alternative action if he is being camped and tunneled. However, i never understood the "first down-dc" anyway.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

I've stopped caring a long time ago but then I've changed my mind and now I'm adding them to the "win" column.

• TerraEsram

Don't worry, I know the power of corrupt... But still have to unlock it XD

Scourge of pain, resonnance is also very good

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I agree that if a team does really well opening the gate for them ensures the match ends quickly.

That being said, you should keep trying no matter what to maximize your blood point gains for spending the limited time in your life on this game. Life is short and spending time trying to take points away from others is a futile endeavor.

Never give up and magic will happen sometimes.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I use the nearest corner to me at spawn and orient away from it and it usually guides me right to them.

• Phasmamain
    edited May 2022

Tbf some killers give up way before then and go afk so it’s essentially the same thing. Some survivors wouldn’t like to sit on the floor against a nurse for 4 minutes hence some dc in that scenario.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Only if it's done by the killer throwing themselves on a hook and the entity takes them away.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I always thought of this as a bad option. We need to accept the fact we will have bad games, but if you camp and tunnel someone out of the game, your MMR is not going to drop as far as if you just played normally. You want your MMR to drop so you get better matches. I don't understand why players want to screw themselves in MMR by getting a kill that was way above your current skill level and just making your next match bad too.

• TerraEsram

Hm... I'm gonna try that next times, thank's for the advice

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Giving up because you think you’ve lost the match after a gen is done is just as bad as giving up because 2 people went down and no gens done.

Both types are a part of the problem.

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 135

At least DCing as Killer doesn't ruin the game, it just ends the game (and although I'm guilty of just quitting as Killer it's not something I advocate). But had a scenario last night that just blew my mind and made me question a few things.

Was on a Killer with no mobility options but spawned in with Lethal Pursuer. Watched the four survivors at the other side of the map do a little t-bag meet n greet, one ran off, two continued to dance until my perk almost finished with one on gen. I went straight to that corner but by the time I had reached the tile (not even the survivors) the generator was already complete.

"Get better" was what I as told in response to DCing, so it's almost like I'm being told to play Blight and Nurse.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

You can always played wraith and stay invisible.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I agree, though the difference in perception probably stems from bad games for survivors are over quickly, bad games for killers drag on for the full duration.

Also it’s very common for survivors who out match a killer to stop doing the objective and try and rub it in the killer’s face for as long as possible, killers do this too but even bleed out has a 4min timer.

So again negative experiences on the survivor side end relatively quickly in game but often drag on for killer. The real punishment for survivor is you have a really fast bad game but then wait another 10 mins in queue for another potentially bad fast game.

Does that mean we should remove every tool killers have to eliminate survivors quickly… no because all that does is make bad games for killer drag on even longer.

personally I’ll take any free kills survivors wish to gift me, same if the killer opens the gate I’ll happily leave for them, so we can all just move on as it’s only a game.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144

Gen rushing is a thing but how it affects you can be the problem. A survivor's main goal is to do gens to power the exit gate then leave. If you aren't putting pressure on the gens then you are liable to get gen rushed. Survivors just don't stop what they are doing and run around like morons just to be chased for awhile.

• Hitari
    Hitari Member Posts: 51

i've surprisingly won most of my matches at 2 gens left where i was just about to click "leave game", keep at it

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

More like poor map design issues.

M1 killer on mothers dwelling is clearly the "killers" fault.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I agree. Let’s not make too many changes for the lowest denominator.

I bet there are hundreds of games I won that OP would’ve surrendered on.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 750

tbh, i wish the game was scary for the survivors... as it is right now is so ######### broing...

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I've had many games where 2 or 3 generators popped before I even had one person hooked, but still ended up with 4k because they underestimated me and just genrushed the first generators with their toolboxes, and then couldnt do ######### afterwards cause the gens they left undone were all in the same area.

Or other games where I hooked everyone at least once before a single generator got done and they still managed to all get away.

But hey, if having a generator done on you before you hooked a single person is reason enough for you to give up, it's your business, but I feel like you'll be doing that a lot because survivors spawn around each other and near a generator often enough that a generator can pop within the first minute if they all jump on it. Has nothing to do with skill or anything, it's map generation RNG.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

ehhh you can win gen rush games sometimes

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Nothing is scary after playing the game for over 300 hours. The Nurse isn't scary, just hard to face. The only 'scares' left are jumpscares from stealth killers and hag's traps.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

I do this sometimes, specially when it happens while playing a weak killer.

If you have so much desire to scape OK, I'll help you, congratz for your 15.000 bloodpoints.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

yes, even killer dc´s ruin games. Either because of bp-offerings, or because of survivor challenges. Yes, not every killer dc ruins a game, but they can potentially do that just like survivors dcing.

• pseudechis

Yeah I got destroyed as trapper on 2x games last night but both ended in a 4k when some well placed traps and hook defence (AKA camping) resulted in all remaining survivors down in the egc for the 4k finale.

I'm not gonna lie though, two games of that sweat fest was enough I called it straight after. My calling it was also helped by the complete meltdown of the survivors after both games, laying on some thick salt with a dash of tantrum. It doesn't bother me personally but it does remind me of how tiresome and sore loser this gaming community can be and often makes me think 2 games is probably all I've got in me.

3 gens for 1 hook is the rather crummy norm, but hey it aint over till all survivors are out or dead.

• pseudechis

That's why I miss old moris, the threat of elimination was very real and made survivor a tense experience.

Sure the scare factor of DBD wears off with exposure, but what creates that fear in the first place is the threat of elimination. Without it, its just an un-scary lackluster game of loopy loop, which makes for a ######### survival horror experience in my opinion.

Every time they water down the threat of elimination to cradle the egos of the "its not fair waah" crowd, the game's horror element takes a hit and it gets less scary and more generally tedious for both sides.

A lot of my survivor games are just gen simulator and then leave, not because I'm good at survivor but rather I either have enough second chances and tools to not worry about injury/dieing or I never see the killer all game anyway.

Its why I like facing nurse, I can't play her to save myself but I like facing her because in the right hands she is scary. A really creepy aesthetic, unnerving sound effects, threatening chase and jump scare potential.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    edited May 2022

I'm sorry but that's not really 'tense' so much as it's 'Oh great another tunneller mori guy' to make this game dull. And then I ponder whether to DC in loading, consequently costing the killer at least 5 minutes of waiting + slower queues since I play when survivor queues are fast. Literally nothing was threatening about a mori because I could just decide not to play it out. And it's totally fine given many content creators do the same for stuff like map offerings.

I feel more threatened by Bubba than a mori ever has. Because HE will end your game quickly while simultaneously make it slow and boring. But it's not scary, nor a real threat all things considered. Just a pain in my behind.

The 'threat of elimination' is just the threat of not getting to enjoy the game on my limited free time. Because of how DBD works, this mild penalty becomes a frustrating flaw that doesn't add to the experience. All it does is make me wonder why I'm not playing Elden Ring instead.

It's cool you find her fun to face and creepy. To me she's just the secret easy mode of the game people grind to unlock (via learning her). Nothing interesting, just sweating gameplay I've grown used to.

• pseudechis

I get where you're coming from, but why is hanging on hook for 4 mins any different from getting mori'd in 4 mins.

Its an elimination game, the threat of elimination is the only thing to worry about, its the whole premise of the game. Without it there is no threat and we all just farm for BP's and leave and everybody wins all the time. Boring.

Would you watch a slasher flick where no body dies and there is no threat whatsoever? Its why most super hero movies kinda suck, there is no threat, no surprises, no stakes, nothing, just mindless action scenes which are just piss boring without stakes to make it meaningful.

The higher the stakes the scarier the game, hence the threat of elimination is essential to DBD, the greater that threat the more intense the game experience.

BUT...

People don't like being eliminated and yet they sign up to play a game based around the premise of elimination and then get annoyed when they are eliminated. It kinda baffles me.

Every time I make this point someone who doesn't get it, mainly because they are the I get annoyed when I get eliminated crowd, says "No one will play a game where loss is guaranteed!" Loss isn't guaranteed but the game experience requires the threat of elimination to be exciting in the first place, the higher that threat, the higher the stakes, the more exciting the game.

I'm starting to wonder if its not a symptom of the "everybody gets a trophy" society we have, where as a kid even if you participate and fail you still get rewarded. No one can deal with loss and everyone expects to win everything all the time or have an equal chance of winning no matter the set up or odds because, they are reared on being rewarded for everything even just participation. (I grew up in this system too but I saw it for what it is).

I'm not saying saying this to be harsh or confronting but maybe you should be playing elden ring instead, because if getting eliminated annoys you then a game like DBD, where elimination is the core mechanic, may not be for you.

Imagine DBD where you just kept respawning as survivor, just imagine it. The actual gameplay of DBD mechanically is as dull as dishwater, the only thing that makes it interesting is the need to avoid death. Its the very theme the game is based on and makes up the central mechanic of the gameplay - "Escape before you die".